Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

UEFA Nations League

Why does every pundit and news outlet have to make it a Ronaldo v Messi GOAT debate when one of them has an excellent match?

Regardless of who people think is better, why cant it just be appreciated how brilliant both players are and let people just sit back and enjoy the show? Probably unlikely to see players as consistently amazing as the two for a very long time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Why does every pundit and news outlet have to make it a Ronaldo v Messi GOAT debate when one of them has an excellent match?

Regardless of who people think is better, why cant it just be appreciated how brilliant both players are and let people just sit back and enjoy the show? Probably unlikely to see players as consistently amazing as the two for a very long time.

That's the point...let's just enjoy all these top p layers... oldm,an Zlatan also scored a scorcher this weekend..

Messi,Ronaldo....too much time gets lost arguing the cuss..just enjoy them!!!

Ronaldo hat trick great football this evening...

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I see England fans are making friends again.

What amuses me is how quick the press are to demand football do something about these idiots but would they be so vocal in demanding Islam or Christianity do something about a few cretins who carry or try to carry out heinous crimes in the name of their supposed religion? Probably not the right time or in the right context to raise this but it's long baffled me how certain topics are allowed to be cast judgement on in society but others are a no go because of being accused of prejudice/stereotyping.

These prats who travel out to the cities England play the away games in, are they " fans " or are they using it as an excuse to go out and cause trouble in a mob? Nobody cares too much who they are and if they differ from good honest England fans, it doesn't fit with their agenda.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

What amuses me is how quick the press are to demand football do something about these idiots but would they be so vocal in demanding Islam or Christianity do something about a few cretins who carry or try to carry out heinous crimes in the name of their supposed religion? Probably not the right time or in the right context to raise this but it's long baffled me how certain topics are allowed to be cast judgement on in society but others are a no go because of being accused of prejudice/stereotyping.

These prats who travel out to the cities England play the away games in, are they " fans " or are they using it as an excuse to go out and cause trouble in a mob? Nobody cares too much who they are and if they differ from good honest England fans, it doesn't fit with their agenda.

Its the lads abroad culture mixed with football and its a pretty nasty combination. I'm confident there will be people out there without tickets simply to get pissed and be anti-social. I don't necessarily think they go out looking to 'fight', its mainly singing, posturing, making a mess but they then become an easy target for police, locals or anyone else and then they react with the clashes. Then the press get the story they have already pre-written.

I don't know how you stop it really, ***** without tickets want to fly to Porto. How do you stop them?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Its the lads abroad culture mixed with football and its a pretty nasty combination. I'm confident there will be people out there without tickets simply to get pissed and be anti-social. I don't necessarily think they go out looking to 'fight', its mainly singing, posturing, making a mess but they then become an easy target for police, locals or anyone else and then they react with the clashes. Then the press get the story they have already pre-written.

I don't know how you stop it really, ***** without tickets want to fly to Porto. How do you stop them?

Yeah I don't know either, I know people that have gone away without tickets in the past and they haven't gone getting in any bother but purely to be amongst the decent England fans where the atmosphere is brilliant. The issue is though that if several thousand normal fans go without tickets, plus a proportion of prats and it kicks off then you can assume the problem is fans going over there with no interest in attending the games, but just to get pissed and kick off. Sadly, we as a nation love a swig abroad and behaviour is questionable, very much stag do like goings on.

Actual hooliganism that was seen in the 80's, 90's and even in more recent times has been stamped out compared to what it used to be. Certainly the English aren't anywhere near as bad but they need to get to the bottom of this. The behaviour seen last night happens when British teams play in Europe as well, just not on the same scale.

It only takes one fool to kick off then once the police retaliate the fans start to do the same and it turns into a riot.

Foreign police already have the image implanted that all England fans want to do is drink beer and cause trouble so it only takes one or two before a full blown riot is kicking off.