Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

Got what wrong exactly? We aren’t even half way through the season yet, if we go on a long run again like last season of losing etc you will all call for his head again! 

Lets wait until the the end of the season until we start saying who was right and wrong ??

I would love love to be wrong and would hold my hands up if I am!

Wasn't specifically aimed at you, you just happened to make the comment. But be defensive by all means. 

14 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Wasn't specifically aimed at you, you just happened to make the comment. But be defensive by all means. 

I’m not defensive about it mate I want him to do well but I just can’t warm to him ??‍♂️ I don’t know why lol 

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Ok, firstly I didn't say a draw would  be a fair result.  Well the point I was trying to make is, up until the penalty I couldn't see us score, our play was slow, that meant the likes of chilwell were always crossing Infront of the defence. Amartey offered nothing going forward, both Mendy and Ndidi are too similar, Vardy and Nacho rarely threatened.  In the first I can't remember other then a Pereiera shot the goal keeper being tested.  Newcastle were happy to sit tight and comfortable.  After the the first goal, we didn't really press a poor Newcastle side for a second.  They we were playing we were always susceptible for the draw.

the game is played over 90 minutes, we controlled the game got the goal they had a few chances didn't take them we did.

You can't expect us to play full flow attacking football for 90 minutes and come out on top every week its all about balance and although we are still trying to find the right formula we are still picking up points... today will tell us more in terms of where we are as a team though.

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Ok, firstly I didn't say a draw would  be a fair result.  Well the point I was trying to make is, up until the penalty I couldn't see us score, our play was slow, that meant the likes of chilwell were always crossing Infront of the defence. Amartey offered nothing going forward, both Mendy and Ndidi are too similar, Vardy and Nacho rarely threatened.  In the first I can't remember other then a Pereiera shot the goal keeper being tested.  Newcastle were happy to sit tight and comfortable.  After the the first goal, we didn't really press a poor Newcastle side for a second.  They we were playing we were always susceptible for the draw.

OK, well maybe I would have not assumed you thought the game was heading towards a draw if you had not said it was "heading towards a bore draw".  Maybe had you said "heading towards a boring yet comfortable win" I might have understood more clearly.

With regards to the game I just do not quite understand your viewpoint even though I am trying.  To say you were not entertained is of course, completely valid and subjective and I of course have no issue with that.  But you seem to somehow think we were objectively poor and you state again the game was susceptible for a draw?  I do not understand......

.......So far this season in the Premier League Newcastle have played Tottenham, Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal.  We inflicted a bigger defeat on them than any of these teams.  We beat them by more goals then any of those teams.  We inflicted their biggest league loss of the season.  We completed dominated them in every way you can think.  You seem to be allergic to stats but if you have 20% more possession than your opponent, twice the amount of shots, five times the amount of shots on target and allow them one shot on goal all game (that was from the halfway line) then in 99% of occasions you are going to win the game.

You may slate our style any way you wish in terms of your enjoyment of it and I won't wade in like the self-righteous tosser I am but to claim it was not effective or that we didn't deserve to win seems to be intellectually dishonest.

X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

OK, well maybe I would have not assumed you thought the game was heading towards a draw if you had not said it was "heading towards a bore draw".  Maybe had you said "heading towards a boring yet comfortable win" I might have understood more clearly.

With regards to the game I just do not quite understand your viewpoint even though I am trying.  To say you were not entertained is of course, completely valid and subjective and I of course have no issue with that.  But you seem to somehow think we were objectively poor and you state again the game was susceptible for a draw?  I do not understand......

.......So far this season in the Premier League Newcastle have played Tottenham, Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal.  We inflicted a bigger defeat on them than any of these teams.  We beat them by more goals then any of those teams.  We inflicted their biggest league loss of the season.  We completed dominated them in every way you can think.  You seem to be allergic to stats but if you have 20% more possession than your opponent, twice the amount of shots, five times the amount of shots on target and allow them one shot on goal all game (that was from the halfway line) then in 99% of occasions you are going to win the game.

You may slate our style any way you wish in terms of your enjoyment of it and I won't wade in like the self-righteous tosser I am but to claim it was not effective or that we didn't deserve to win seems to be intellectually dishonest.

X

Rumble my friend, I have no problems with being asked why I wrote what I wrote. :thumbup:

There are more options out there, that are better than him... surely. I mean a team in the championship appointed a guy from Portugal, who came up this year and let's face it... are better than us already. I just don't trust anyone at the top to make a sensible or well thought out decision. Puel was the cheap option, but we aren't going to achieve anything with him here (accept beating the lesser teams, doing enough to stay up) .

• Like 3

I don’t think I’ve ever been more undecided on a manager. 

I can can see what he’s trying to do, but I’m not sure what he’s trying to do is the right thing. 

But we can play some really good stuff at times.

But it’s very boring at times.

But he signed Maddison.

But he starts Morgan.

But he seems a very dignified, loyal man.

But he’s a boring bastard.

I think that if I’m still not sure about him after a year, I never will be. Shallow I know, but I just don’t see enough progress.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

Still in, we were on top from the middle of the first half and he obviously had the players going for the second half. Just player errors costing us once again! 

Isn't any game you lose down to players errors ?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

There are more options out there, that are better than him... surely. I mean a team in the championship appointed a guy from Portugal, who came up this year and let's face it... are better than us already. I just don't trust anyone at the top to make a sensible or well thought out decision. Puel was the cheap option, but we aren't going to achieve anything with him here (accept beating the lesser teams, doing enough to stay up) .

you do know how much wolves have pumped in and hes Mendes client too, 

either way even if we had appointed NES, some of our fans would want him out,

dont get me wrong im by no means a Puel fan, but i dont know what some of our fans expect now, they moan if we win, moan if we lose, moan if we play well and lose, play crap and win, 

todays result is a combination of things that we tits up so to speak and Morgans sending off being at the fore front for me, Puel cant be held fully responsible for the idiotic actions of the captain of the team

22 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Isn't any game you lose down to players errors ?

Not necessarily, it may take a worldie like today to cost you the game 

Edited by Hitesh

6 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Rumble my friend, I have no problems with being asked why I wrote what I wrote. :thumbup:

And I mean no offence when I question people., I like a wee to and fro.  I am just a bit of a nobber and react quickly to posts but all in good humour.  X

6 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

And I mean no offence when I question people., I like a wee to and fro.  I am just a bit of a nobber and react quickly to posts but all in good humour.  X

Friends again ....     :kissing: ...   ahhh.  ...   bless.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Friends again ....     :kissing: ...   ahhh.  ...   bless.

To be fair I am only mean to him cos I like him.  Like punching the girl you fancy in the arm and running away when you are at school.  X