Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

7 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

I was sitting in the North Bank that day.

Probably on a par with being in the Clock End when big Frank popped up with a late o.g. for them a few years later. ??

I was with my own fans in the Kop, when Frank continued with his incredible goalscoring run against Chelsea a few days later☹️

Same as regards Sinclair's o.g. v his old club Chelsea (which was our first home game of 1999/2000 season at Filbert I think when O'Neill was still here of course), which was a year or so before the 6-1 thumping at Arsenal on Boxing Day 2000 under P.Taylor. I remember them cheering extra loud re Chelsea as it was their former who'd slotted it home right at the death to rob us of an unexpected win! It could only happen to us! 

Edited by Guy
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

He had his Celtic-glory by then.

And Sunderland..at that time,was still hanging on to their past traditions and new hopes of being a Northern Giant.....

They ended up like the Smurfs and wombles,and vanished into the history books.

Oneil,still struggling with paying the mortgage,and Family health problems....

Hoping after Scottish triumphs,that he could fit easily into the top English flight.....got that wrong didn't he!!!

Though he stays with me,,with fond memories....

But another reason why Roy..Brendan Rodgers would not be on my LCFC wanted list....

O'Neill went to Aston Villa after Celtic and did ok there : think he didn't see eye to eye with the late Doug Ellis though and so resigned....?? Then he foolishly took on the poisoned chalice Sunderland job shortly after I think......!  

12 hours ago, Babylon said:

Elliott, Claridge, Fenton, Sinclair, Impey, Arnar, Flowers, Eadie, can't remember what Zagorakis cost?

Whilst in today's terms, £1.5m or £3m for a player is chump change, you have to remember that in 1995 the English transfer record was £8.5m and Shearer cost £15m a year later.

£3m for Eadie is probably equal to a £20m transfer these days.

I personally didn't really feel that £1million for a player was an awful lot to lay out back in 1996 ref Claridge being our then record signing.....described by O'Neill as a poor man's Dalglish when he signed him of course - and he really was piss poor for the first few games before he suddenly clicked after his thyroid diagnosis and when he overcame that! That said we were in the second tier when we did signed him of course so maybe that changes things.

Zagorakis cost us £750k so was probably the best bargain buy after O'Neill had been here for a season or so. Eadie was his costliest buy and never really fulfilled his potential with us, largely due to injuries of course. I'd also disagree that £3million in 1999 is today's equivalent to £20 million but you might be right......! O'Neill did sign mostly gems at bargain prices though of course and one or two duffers!

13 hours ago, The Doctor said:

So if I'm reading this right it's October and we're only one goal from a counter short of matching our entire 15/16 output? 

According to whoscored yes, not sure what their definition of a counter is though. Numbers match what BT showed a few weeks back.

29 minutes ago, Babylon said:

According to whoscored yes, not sure what their definition of a counter is though. Numbers match what BT showed a few weeks back.

I would think a long ball over the top from defence (vardy v Stoke) or a quick pass out of midfield for vardy to run onto (eg   At sland) doesn’t count ......

second half of that season, most teams either dropped deeeper to try and stop us doing it or didn’t commit enough men forward to allow it. First goal home to West Ham springs to mind as one of them ....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I bet your hardnose,can wear down the grindstone....

This Frenchman,will be haunting you in your dreams...what you gonna do, when we lift the cup..:banana:

Come on..!! I

Try to be a nice guy...

But I am a nice guy ! I'm just not given to flights of fancy like you that's all. xxxx Love light and peace.

54 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I would think a long ball over the top from defence (vardy v Stoke) or a quick pass out of midfield for vardy to run onto (eg   At sland) doesn’t count ......

second half of that season, most teams either dropped deeeper to try and stop us doing it or didn’t commit enough men forward to allow it. First goal home to West Ham springs to mind as one of them ....

Sods laws, their glossary includes a definition for everything but counters lol

5 hours ago, Guy said:

O'Neill went to Aston Villa after Celtic and did ok there : think he didn't see eye to eye with the late Doug Ellis though and so resigned....?? Then he foolishly took on the poisoned chalice Sunderland job shortly after I think......!  

wasnt it randy lerner 

• Like 1

I expect us to win as many as we lose for now while this team learns and evolves. When we click we look great but as an group of players we sometimes have stinkers too. 

The stinkers should reduce over time and we should get more performances like arsenal first half but we need some ****ing patience!

If there's no improvement next year then we can think about think about his position. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I expect us to win as many as we lose for now while this team learns and evolves. When we click we look great but as an group of players we sometimes have stinkers too. 

The stinkers should reduce over time and we should get more performances like arsenal first half but we need some ****ing patience!

If there's no improvement next year then we can think about think about his position. 

By next year our top players will be gone.

25 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

By next year our top players will be gone.

Doesn't matter how well we do this season, there will always be pressure from bigger clubs to buy our best players. We aren't finishing higher than 6th, so the best you'll get is 7th, some shite Euro competition isn't going to stop good players from wanting to go and play for Liverpool or Man City in the champions league. We won the title and Kante went, it's completely unavoidable and thus a completely moot point.

• Like 4

This forum makes me laugh, it really does. Why speculate over the next manager whilst Puel is still in charge?

2 weeks ago some of you were calling to get him on a new contract. 

We are 11th ffs after some tough matches, perform well in these best 3 and I guarantee you’ll be back to loving him again. 

Get behind the team tomorrow, it’s an important one. We really are some of the most entitled fans in the country 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

This forum makes me laugh, it really does. Why speculate over the next manager whilst Puel is still in charge?

We are 11th ffs after some tough matches, perform well in these best 3 and I guarantee you’ll be back to loving him again. 

Get behind the team tomorrow, it’s an important one. We really are some of the most entitled fans in the country 

Hahaha as if anyone was? WHERE?

6 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Alright, what mentalist said that?

Was the username "FrenchLoverMan" or "MrsP"?

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

But I am a nice guy ! I'm just not given to flights of fancy like you that's all. xxxx Love light and peace.

What's better than, love light,peace and xxxxing.

You have Brexit to get your miserable socks on...always lose!!

Football ..there is no stress...win some lose some.....a draw sharing love and peace..:celebrate:

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We just need to get back to enjoying ourselves again. Everyone takes it so seriously at the moment and it's getting unbearable. 

But it’s impossible to enjoy such boring football (despite us having scored 1 goal less than Liverpool and Spurs so far this season).

12 minutes ago, Goober said:

But it’s impossible to enjoy such boring football (despite us having scored 1 goal less than Liverpool and Spurs so far this season).

It's a miracle how any that moans about the football we play now, made it through the years between getting relegated the Prem the second time to NFP arriving. :dunno:

• Thanks 1