Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

12 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Of course Eddie Howe would come here. What more is he ever going to achieve at Bournemouth?

He's done an incredible job with them but there's a hierarchy in football and Bournemouth's top flight success has a shelf life. The only way from here is down.

We have a pedigree, resources, ambition to cement ourselves at European level and a history and fan base which far outweighs any that Bournemouth could ever dream of.

Without achieving at a club of our size, the reality is that Eddie Howe is never going to get a crack at a club any bigger than Leicester City.

I'm sorry, I can't stand Bournemouth but he'll never come here and I hope he doesn't. Did you see how he bombed when he went to Burnley? Those two are made for each other just like LCFC and NFP were, he'll fail whenever he leaves and they'll sink like a stone again. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

I'm just glad we went to Arsenal with two forwards and genuinelly looked like we wanted to win (just like at Old Trafford). I got bored of trying not to lose a long time ago - last season going to Huddersfield and making them look like Barca.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm just glad we went to Arsenal with two forwards and genuinelly looked like we wanted to win (just like at Old Trafford). I got bored of trying not to lose a long time ago - last season going to Huddersfield and making them look like Barca.

For 30 minutes yeah.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can we just dispel this myth, we've barely been exciting to watch for well over two years, unless you think watching us have 30% possession and get dominated by pretty much every team around is exciting.

You also point out we still score from counters, we scored from the 3rd amount of counters last season and are continuing that this season. We've not sacrificed that part of the game, instead we've got us passing it around with 65% possession and having the odd counter, compared to having 35% and having the odd counter.

our triumphant season saw plenty of dour performances after the new year ......

admitedly there were some vibrant displays too ! 

the idea that we were some some kind of ‘Haarlem globetrotting’ outfit is quite strange .......

you can only counter teams that allow you to do so ...... since 15/16, the opposition has been ultra wary of us and yet we still manage to have a decent percentage return of counter attack goals 

i just like watching us in control of the football against ‘weaker’ opposition .... I was generally embarrassed much of 16/17 watching us play the dross whilst they looked like a more competent football team to us.  The game really is far more complicated than many on here believe - you can pump it forward and try to play on the oppositions mistakes but that’s hardly an intelligent approach .....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can we just dispel this myth, we've barely been exciting to watch for well over two years, unless you think watching us have 30% possession and get dominated by pretty much every team around is exciting.

You also point out we still score from counters, we scored from the 3rd amount of counters last season and are continuing that this season. We've not sacrificed that part of the game, instead we've got us passing it around with 65% possession and having the odd counter, compared to having 35% and having the odd counter.

This gets overlooked so often. Even when we won the title we one-nilled from the Etihad onwards (blasphemy I know). The only decent football after that we played was Swansea and Everton, we just had the momentum. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Richard said:

This gets overlooked so often. Even when we won the title we one-nilled from the Etihad onwards (blasphemy I know). The only decent football after that we played was Swansea and Everton, we just had the momentum. 

While we're dispelling myths, lets remember what actually happened

We had fast transitions, before opposition defences got set, the interplay from defence to attack was frequently unplayable - We didn't play the ball endlessly between DMs & CBs... or along lines... we played through the lines

Now we have all this possession, so what? Much of it is exactly where opposition allows us to have possession, and as such we're pretty easy to play against... Unless you're Fleetwood, Peterborough, Notts County, Huddersfield or Newcastle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Cant see us improving in the long run if Puel goes. We will have a bit of form then return to normal, and repeat the process. 

Can you see us improving if he stays?

Lost 5 in 9 this season and 10 of last 16... Some improvement

Do you really think there's not a manager who couldn't do better with what we have, the 19th most valuable squad in Europe

Edited by cc_star
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, cc_star said:

We had fast transitions, before opposition defences got set, the interplay from defence to attack was frequently unplayable - We didn't play the ball endlessly between DMs & CBs... or along lines... we played through the lines

Now we have all this possession, so what? Much of it is exactly where opposition allows us to have possession, and as such we're pretty easy to play against... Unless you're Fleetwood, Peterborough, Notts County, Huddersfield or Newcastle

I remember it as just needlessly giving the ball away most of the time while teams like Huddersfield were able to dominate us and dictate the pace of the game while we tried to hang on with our inferior technically players. 

3 minutes ago, cc_star said:

and only managed to win most games by a single goal ??

clubs began to take us seriously after January - those who were chasing a result didn't allow us to break quickly and we mostly couldn't ……...and most importantly of all, we had ngolo ……….

the fast transitions are possible when the opposition don't set up to prevent it ……………  this was the case prior to xmas ……..three seasons on under puel we still break quickly when the option arises (eg huddersfield,,everton plus examples last season).  and arsenal were unable to cope with us the other night for 35 minutes ………. we played plenty of football between their lines ……….. just lacked a tactical tweak once emery spotted the weakness in our set up  (which is ridiculous and i cannot defend puel over that)  

21 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Of course Eddie Howe would come here. What more is he ever going to achieve at Bournemouth?

He's done an incredible job with them but there's a hierarchy in football and Bournemouth's top flight success has a shelf life. The only way from here is down.

We have a pedigree, resources, ambition to cement ourselves at European level and a history and fan base which far outweighs any that Bournemouth could ever dream of.

Without achieving at a club of our size, the reality is that Eddie Howe is never going to get a crack at a club any bigger than Leicester City.

Alright Freeman, you convinced me... Now call Eddie!!!

Obviously I'd love the guy to come here but like Cardiff Fox, I'm not sure how we could lure him. He's not the journeyman manager like the most, he had one time affair with other club then went straight back to his 'married life' with Cherries and didn't look back since. I'm not sure his kind can be tempted by money and I don't believe he sees his job at Bournemouth in terms of having or not having a shelf life. They are doing great so far, they are consistent so at the moment 7th place (and a chance for European level history) seems to be well within their reach, even if their pre season goal was only to stay up. I think for the likes of Howe only England national team could be tempting enough. But... IF/WHEN some malfunction happens in that bed of cherries... and IF/WHEN Puel gets the boot then the chance of Howe becoming our manager no doubt would be better than 5000/1 lol One can dream! :fc:

1 hour ago, cc_star said:

And yet we ended up in the bottom three, twice and sacked our managers. So much for it being unplayable hey. 

We got sussed out post Man City, teams respected us and sat deep... since that moment onwards it's been an absolutely grind most of the time. 

1 hour ago, cc_star said:

Do you really think there's not a manager who couldn't do better with what we have, the 19th most valuable squad in Europe

That's a complete red herring. 

Do you actually think this is the 17th best squad in Europe, forget cost?  It's not even close, because premier league clubs end up paying two or three times what a club from another country would have to pay. Southampton have the 23rd most expensive squad, Palace 24th having not spend that much less than us. Bournemouth have been in the league a year and have the 33rd most expensive squad in Europe. They probably wouldn't finish top half in most of the top divisions in Europe. 

We've forked out fortunes for dross, like most premier league teams have. 

This is a young team and with that they will be inconsistent. They will maker mistakes and when faced with smart opposition they will get taught a lesson. 

I just sincerely hope that they have the opportunity to learn together and stick together because this squad could be absolutely amazing. 

But we need patience and not act like Mardy tw@ts whenever things don't go our way.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'm sorry, I can't stand Bournemouth but he'll never come here and I hope he doesn't. Did you see how he bombed when he went to Burnley? Those two are made for each other just like LCFC and NFP were, he'll fail whenever he leaves and they'll sink like a stone again. 

A lot like Puel who got sacked from his last two jobs then ?

I don't want Puel to get sacked, particularly.

I just want him to be better.

There are probably managers that could do better than him, but I'm bored shitless at the amount of manager changes we have had in the last couple of years. 

Imo, none of the changes were wrong, and the owners know what they are doing.

It's just that Puel, while apparently transforming the club, is also sucking all of the enjoyment of my matchday experience....and it's been like this for a long time. Personal opinion, I know - some on here clearly love the way are playing and direction we are going in.

Feel free to point back to the bad old days of Northampton away, etc...but the club has progressed massively and is now pretty well-heeled, with the owner worth about $5 Billion - that's top table wealth.

And we have Claude.     

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Milo said:

I don't want Puel to get sacked, particularly.

I just want him to be better.

There are probably managers that could do better than him, but I'm bored shitless at the amount of manager changes we have had in the last couple of years. 

Imo, none of the changes were wrong, and the owners know what they are doing.

It's just that Puel, while apparently transforming the club, is also sucking all of the enjoyment of my matchday experience....and it's been like this for a long time. Personal opinion, I know - some on here clearly love the way are playing and direction we are going in.

Feel free to point back to the bad old days of Northampton away, etc...but the club has progressed massively and is now pretty well-heeled, with the owner worth about $5 Billion - that's top table wealth.

And we have Claude.     

The football we are playing is actually an improvement on anything we’ve seen post 15/16 bar a few games. 

I'm under impression that some on here are almost offended by our 15/16 streak of hard grafted one-nils... I'd love it if Puel offended us with two hard grafted 1-0 wins with West Ham and Southampton for a change! And if he keeps on offending us this way further, I'll be over the moon... though I suspect neither 'hard' nor 'grafted' are in his vocabulary. Not to mention 'clean sheet', obviously ;)

Edited by Chester Dontlie