Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

Defended him since day one. Believed in the  concept of bringing through youth and adapting to more of a passing style. Played well in patches this season but I'm struggling to see this ever being a long term, stable arrangement and with the constant speculation, it's time for a change.

7 minutes ago, Goober said:

That would be nice, but in all likeliness we scratch around for a month, get someone a bit uninspiring in, play a bit crap and have everyone telling us we should have been careful what we wished for.

Reality is we piss about for another month or so, wait for some boring willy puller like Hughes to get sacked and then get him.

The rumours that he ignores players and is a poor communicator and sends out teams without clarity of purpose are worrying (if there is a basis to such stuff) . 

Im not sure however that there are sufficient grounds for getting rid at this stage and would hope we can demonstrate unity especially at this time 

1 minute ago, nnfox said:

He's going nowhere this season. The club is in turmoil and there is too much that needs sorting out now before they even think about changing the manager. We need as much stability as possible right now.

Was just about to post exactly this. I'm not a huge fan but we need him to really step up now and give the club some managerial leadership. His job in the immediate few weeks is not just about football I'm afraid. The question is, is he up to the job of galvanising the team at this terrible time?

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think this environment is the best and only chance for Puel to succeed here. Hes now got a nucleus of players galvanised by these tragic events and they'll be men possessed in trying to honour Vichai.

IDK... I have no idea how the players will respond having to play weeks after weeks in the same place those tragic events happened. I hope it will galvanise them instead of making them lose focus on the game.

Edited by yks

I wanted him out before all this tragedy, now I'm just wanting what is right for everyone... if that's Puel staying then so be it.

Don't think it's going to be in the Hierarchys thoughts right now which I totally understand.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

We need to back the whole team including coaching staff throughout all of this.

Even if it was on the cards, from a business perspective, I don't think they have the resources available at the moment to co-ordinate a manageiral change. So, let's back the club including Puel. 

This. 

And close any Puel out threads in the near future. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think this environment is the best and only chance for Puel to succeed here. Hes now got a nucleus of players galvanised by these tragic events and they'll be men possessed in trying to honour Vichai. We aren't a club that suffers too much under pressure, so in the short term I'd not be surprised to see us really turn it on on the pitch. If Puel can form a close bond with the players during this then hes got a chance.

I see no point causing any ruptions in the club right now, just adds unnecessary spotlight and aggro. Let's all unite and see where it takes us for now. 

I agree with this - further instability and uncertainty at this time could be crippling (not that I thought Puel warranted the sack prior to the crash).

As wrong it might sound, the tragic events of the crash do provide the player and the management team something to galvanise around and play in honour of Vichai's legacy and vision. Obviously we can't say how each individual will have react to the news but I dare say to a man that, once they have respectfully been given the time to grieve, they will come out fighting and giving their all to continue Vichai's fine work. All we can do is support them every fixture and let them know we're behind them.

• Like 1

I said in the Depression thread a few days ago that I worried about how people will react after the feelings have died down, and some of the more robust posters reappear. I for one will be pretty unhappy if rather sick comments about Puel start getting bantered about.

3 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

I agree with this - further instability and uncertainty at this time could be crippling (not that I thought Puel warranted the sack prior to the crash).

As wrong it might sound, the tragic events of the crash do provide the player and the management team something to galvanise around and play in honour of Vichai's legacy and vision. Obviously we can't say how each individual will have react to the news but I dare say to a man that, once they have respectfully been given the time to grieve, they will come out fighting and giving their all to continue Vichai's fine work. All we can do is support them every fixture and let them know we're behind them.

Totally agree with what you're saying.

Cardiff is more of a game for the mind, the result does not matter to me. The club needs to find it's feet in a big way but when they're ready I know they will pull in the right direction to really honour Vichai.

• Like 1

Just now, Rusko187 said:

Totally agree with what you're saying.

Cardiff is more of a game for the mind, the result does not matter to me. The club needs to find it's feet in a big way but when they're ready I know they will pull in the right direction to really honour Vichai.

Yeah absolutely - win, draw or lose at Cardiff it is irrelevant. Personally I think we'll see an outstanding performance at Cardiff. Whether it be grief/frustration at the events or a determination to win the first game back in Vichai's honour I think the players might find an extra gear.

If that doesn't happen, I'll proud of them for rolling their sleeves up and getting stuck back in either way. I think they've made the right decision to play on at Cardiff and a very commendable decision at that too.

Unless our form really drops and we find ourselves in relegation fight (unlikely) I see no good reason to sack him this season at all. What has happened off the pitch overshadows anything on it!

Personally , I’m sick of chopping and changing managers, like I said, unless it really goes pear shaped, give him the rest of the season, you never know he might surprise us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

After that game last week, I said that I'd finally made my mind up and that Puel had to go.

But it's become a bit insignificant for now really. Time to get behind him in this difficult period.

He can’t be sacked now this season I wouldn’t have thought after this tragedy.

Hopefully we can get someone better at the end of the season, and the football can become worth watching and maybe then ’ll reinstate my season ticket.

9 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

He can’t be sacked now this season I wouldn’t have thought after this tragedy.

Hopefully we can get someone better at the end of the season, and the football can become worth watching and maybe then ’ll reinstate my season ticket.

Come on for crying out loud. 

• Like 1

On 01/11/2018 at 08:18, nnfox said:

He's going nowhere this season. The club is in turmoil and there is too much that needs sorting out now before they even think about changing the manager. We need as much stability as possible right now.

Times 10...

These next 5-7 games,would of been many fans measure of Puels future potential stay at the club..( Normal circumstances expected high % of points)

Recent tragic  events,will now of put or brought other mitigating circumstances,to players and managers next few months mentality and approach,

even character.

If we are honest,we will have our individual thoughts,quiet ambitions and many with  lowered expectations.

I personally,who has been through (like many many others) seen and experienced,also other peoples tradegies,non of them less or more important

as the next.The pain and hurt,not more of less than the other,including this one of our own in Vichai and our city's adopted family,

openly admit,I have no idea when along this part of our journey is going to be the right/wrong time to " kick back in" the

back to work analyse,critic even plaudits of the individual and teams performances.

Not forgetting Puels/or any managers unusual out of norm needs, for feelings and judgement on players ....game mentality , discipline focus and performances,over the short and longer hauls.

Some,including Puel himself might have delayed,or irregular repetative depressive emotions.

we are a young squad,but can our experience players hold in/share/use their own feelings for the good of the squad.

Puel is now going to be asked more unknown questions, within his job and tenure in the up and coming months than he or any of us expected.

Even thankless and not recognised from outside.(I am sure there will be some positive connects with the older players)

For that ,he should be given firstly our whole heartly support,then some extra  slack and a  hell of a lot of patience.

The same goes for any gameday selected team....

I hope that club wise,that he might find support from the likes of Peason and Ranieri,and other PL managers.

The incident has bought him time, I still maintain I don't think he's the right man, but as others have said it wouldn't be right to get rid of him now with all things considered. I'm happy to let him see out the rest of the season, if we're sort of in the same situation and not much has improved then re evaluate and bring the right man in

• Like 3