Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

4 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I expect us to win as many as we lose for now while this team learns and evolves. When we click we look great but as an group of players we sometimes have stinkers too. 

The stinkers should reduce over time and we should get more performances like arsenal first half but we need some ****ing patience!

If there's no improvement next year then we can think about think about his position. 

What about all the losses from last season did they not learn from that then? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahaha as if anyone was? WHERE?

I remember seeing posts like “Puel could be tempted back to the French league” 

the point is valid, after we strung back to back wins everyone was raving about him, we were sitting in 8th playing well. 

We lose two games, in which we played ok in and we are back to having a melt down. We are incredibly fickle as a fan base and im sure if we get 7 points from the next 3 we will be raving about Puel, yet again.

as someone highlighted below, he’s got 50 points in 38 which is really not bad going. Considering that last yr he didn’t have the players to implement his mentality. 50-55 points would be a good season and would secure a top 7 finish. People just need to put

it into perspective imo

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

What's better than, love light,peace and xxxxing.

You have Brexit to get your miserable socks on...always lose!!

Football ..there is no stress...win some lose some.....a draw sharing love and peace..:celebrate:

Have you been drinking on an empty head again?

25 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I still think we should get Puel signed up to a new contract

Gerrimm-tied-down!!!

He'd only shit himself as Vardy did at Arsenal.

Edited by Bunyip

54 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I remember seeing posts like “Puel could be tempted back to the French league” 

the point is valid, after we strung back to back wins everyone was raving about him, we were sitting in 8th playing well. 

We lose two games, in which we played ok in and we are back to having a melt down. We are incredibly fickle as a fan base and im sure if we get 7 points from the next 3 we will be raving about Puel, yet again.

as someone highlighted below, he’s got 50 points in 38 which is really not bad going. Considering that last yr he didn’t have the players to implement his mentality. 50-55 points would be a good season and would secure a top 7 finish. People just need to put

it into perspective imo

Perspective is precisely the thing we lack as a fan base. Everything has been insane since the title win.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Perspective is precisely the thing we lack as a fan base. Everything has been insane since the title win.

I agree yeah. I think the main struggle is finding where we are. What are we? Top 4? Top 6? Top 10? It’s hard to point your finger on that imo and that’s why the club is a bit toxic atm. 

I think that Puel is allowing us to find our feet again. Look at the players he’s purchased: Maddison, Ricardo, Soyüncu, Benkovic.

theres definitely a trend of young players, he’s also nurtured Chillwell and Mendy who are also youthful. With an average age of around 24 we need to give both Claude and the team a chance and not be disenchanted when we lose games as with a young side it is obvious we will play at both ends of the spectrum. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Has it??

shakespeare - got us past Sevilla and took us away from relegaton 

Puel - 50 points from 38, rebuilt the squad.

dont talk shite

Manager From Until Hons W D L Total Win%
Claude Puel 2017 Now 0 16 8 15 39 41.03
Craig Shakespeare (caretaker) 2017 2017 0 10 6 7 23 43.48
Claudio Ranieri 2015 2017 0 36 22 23 81 44.44

5 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Has it??

shakespeare - got us past Sevilla and took us away from relegaton 

Puel - 50 points from 38, rebuilt the squad.

dont talk shite

Yeah, that's why shakey got the sack, And don't look too closely at Puels points per game tally. now, who's talking shite ?

6 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I still think we should get Puel signed up to a new contract

Gerrimm-tied-down!!!

Yep..gerrimm-tied-down, drive him as quick as possible to Dover and plonk him the next available ferry back to Calais...never to be seen ever again! ?

Win percentages mean fvck all unless the comparison is the exact same number of games managed in the same division. 

I don’t care care about Shakespeare. His football was shit and his number one priority was to defend. We made very poor sides look like very good sides. IE Huddersfield  away in which we went for a point and they were far better than us. 

If if you want to talk about new managers and progression then do that, don’t look in the past.

• Like 1