Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

I'd like to extend a hand to all the Puel-iners and say you fought a good fight guys but it's over. His legacy will be Chilwell and fair play to him for that, but he's been a disaster for the club on pretty much any measure. In our owners we trust!

9 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Don’t do all this he is boring, back him, but it’s results, and they are a concern over the last 20 odd games, does anybody have his record since we dipped last season until now, don’t think it reads well

We've won 7 games since the end January, so thats 7 games in 7 months of football. Might be slightly out but just had a quick look online. I went from January because that's where we dipped ish. Then we were left not understanding how he kept his job in the summer. 

Just now, Countryfox said:

He has tried to reshape the team ...    nowt but respect from me.

I get that, but today he showed why he is really poor.  We played some awesome footy against Arsenal, then today he changes the whole strategy, and second half the strategy was so basic and didn't match the outfield team.  

• Like 1

Feel for the guy a year in and looks like he may be getting his P45 sooner than he expected, the guys on bt sport seems to think he’ll be on his way !

He hasn’t really pulled up any trees with his team selections formations or performances blowing hot and cold more times in a game at times looked like headless chickens!

Really wanted him to succeed but looks like they’ll be an opening for a new manager at LCFC very soon!!

Edited by justfoxes

Puel just seems to lack match day management skills, he could be a great manager behind the scenes, but come match day he's fallen short so many times, he's meant to be an experienced but he doesn't seem capable of change, he trots out the same tired excuses week in week out.

Edited by southfox66

Should have gone in the summer. Another season wasted if we keep him any longer.

I understand what he's trying to do and he seems to do everything right until marchesa. I haven't seen such lifeless performances in years. Struggle to even watch games at the moment.

• Like 1

That game was so typically Puel.

Difficult decision taken by dropping Vardy (in the same way he's made tough calls getting rid of many of the title winners). Some encouraging play in parts but not sustained. Refusal to throw caution to the wind, even when in a position he really should. Ultimately uninspired but still somehow came away with a point so not a loss, not a win, just... 'meh'.

We can aspire for so much more or just tread water with this dour man in charge. He's not been a disaster but we should demand better.

Puel Out!

• Like 2

Just now, Ricey said:

He’s not up to it. We may paper over cracks for a few more weeks but I just can not see him being a success here.

I want something to get excited about and watching Leicester at the minute is dull and frustrating.

The one thing I wouldn’t describe that game as is dull ...

25 th Oct Puel took over 
First game was Everton 2-0 win 
Stoke draw                     
man city loss            
west ham draw
spurs win
burnley win
newcastle win
southampton win
Then into december 2017 started changing tactics wheels off
palace loss
man u draw
watford loss
liverpool loss
huddersfield win
chelsea draw
watford loss
everton loss
swansea draw
man city loss
stoke draw
bournemouth draw
west brom win
brighton win 
newcastle loss
burnley loss
southampton draw
palace loss 
west ham loss
arsenal win 
spurs loss

New season 
man u loss
wolves win 
southampton win
liverpool loss
bournemouth loss
huddersfield win
newcastle win
everton loss
arsenal loss 
west ham draw

14 wins 8 draws 17 losses (total since take over) 4 wins 1 draw 5 losses this season  he has to go for me 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

He’s not up to it. We may paper over cracks for a few more weeks but I just can not see him being a success here.

I want something to get excited about and watching Leicester at the minute is dull and frustrating.

Then listen on Radio Leicester and watch Channel X at the same time.

Considering who is available at the moment and the fact that we don't seem to go for anyone who is currently employed, we are on course on stay up at least and it's a risk not worth taking.

Players need to shoulder more of it. If they push another manager out we really need to look at wtf is going on in the dressing room because it's not right.

Such a mixed bag from Claude. It's weird. At times we look good and other times clueless. He seems to be doing some good things like developing our style of play, building the team on young talent and evolving the defence but our progress is painfully slow.

His record against the teams in and around us is dreadful and results against the top 6 have been a write off. It's the fact that we could and should be doing so much better that's killing me. It seems like if it clicks it could be great but it's become a case of 'if' and not 'when' and I'm increasingly less confident it will.

It's as if he's got the right ideas and the right plan but he's still somehow the wrong man for the job.

• Like 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

Get Jardim in.

That would be nice, but in all likeliness we scratch around for a month, get someone a bit uninspiring in, play a bit crap and have everyone telling us we should have been careful what we wished for.