Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Fair comments but none of us know exactly what his remit is and what expectations the owners have during the transitional seasons. There must be a target we are aiming for in seasons 19/20 and 20/21 ...........

Even he doesn't know what his remit is.

6 minutes ago, WestLothianFox said:

Hearts are doing well in Scotland, how about trying to get their manager to join us if Puel goes. Craig Levein anyone?

For the sake of his health, he's better off staying where he is - at a club currently over-achieving, rather than a club like LCFC where expectations are apparently high.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

I remain sceptical that leaving the EU will deliver me a free unicorn that s**ts gold bars. Equally, I remain sceptical that replacing a manager that is executing a long term strategy to elevate the club to a sustainable high position to gamble that another man may have us play “like we used to” and win the next game is a good idea.

I take the view that the long term strategic approach is better and any finish above 12th is OK, and above 10th is great for now. Let us not forget that we lost 20 goals & 20 assists from the team when Mahrez moved on. That’s a big hole to fill.

Edited by Bablemikey
  • Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 02:31, Chester Dontlie said:

Forget Eddie Howe, I'd be amazed if he leaves anywhere from Bournemouth, it's a match made in heaven. He suits them and they suit him, he's a living legend there already. Why would anyone want to change that for the uncertainty of some other club and high expectations of its owners and supporters. 

Sampaoli, that's interesting. He did very well with Sevilla in La Liga but I thought he was the worst Argentina manager in years, with all the creative talent at his disposal, even Maradona did better! Hmm, maybe we should get Diego in, at least we would have better luck with the handballs ;)

I'd like us to have someone from Europe, even a gamble would be better than most 'safe' options that are linked with us. Philip Cocu could be available sometime soon as he's doing poorly at Fenerbahce (I wouldn't make too much of it though, Turkish league is specific). He was great for PSV. Defensive minded, so he could sort us from the back but his team often played counter attack against strong teams and he had a good hand for creative players. Speaks English well, so... more qualiteee!

That's right, Howe is the perfect fit at Bournemouth and has been for some time now, I doubt he'd ever be lured into coming here for the reasons already said. He perhaps realised his growing credentials at Bournemouth more when returning there for his second spell in 2013/14 or so : after he'd perhaps had false ambition by leaving for that unsuccessful spell managing at Burnley in the Championship in between times. I doubt he'd make such a similar mistake as that again by leaving Bournemouth for us!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cc_star said:

Can you see us improving if he stays?

Lost 5 in 9 this season and 10 of last 16... Some improvement

Do you really think there's not a manager who couldn't do better with what we have, the 19th most valuable squad in Europe

Probably, would they come to Leicester? Probably not. I dont even think the club would have a clue who to employ, we would just end up getting in someone who is the total opposite of Puel and half the team would need replacing again.

11 hours ago, Milo said:

Shakey was temporary, Claude feels permanent - That's the issue for me.

Claudio went mad and the football was horrible. Shakey was brought back to hold the fort...and then Claude came in and decided to bore the pants off us all and there seems no end in sight.

Your defence of him is admirable/bonkers/obsessive in equal measures.

Please don't tell me I'm wrong in what I'm feeling, just because you feel something different.  

Shakey was no more or less permanent than Puel, if he'd got the results and looked like he had any sort of plan he'd still be here. He's not though, because we were getting dominated by teams like Huddersfield.

I'm not defending Puel, I don't know how many times I need to state that I'm not won over by him. But I just can't get my head around people blaming him for everything like it wasn't utterly wank before he even arrived.

12 minutes ago, Milo said:

The last 50 odd pages would indicate otherwise.

When the football became awful under Claudio, I thought Claudio was at fault.

The football became awful under Shakey, I blamed Shakey.

Now the football is awful under Claude, and it's not his fault..? :dunno:

Perhaps I misread what you said, if so apologies. But it just read that he was somehow being blamed for you no longer enjoying going down, which gave the impression before he came you were happy to go down under the other two. We were shit and boring long before he arrived, some have absolutely blamed him for "ruining" us despite the fact we were crap before he arrvived. So it's nonsensical.

Midtable premier league football is boring in general IMO, that's the reality of it. You can play lovely attacking football, but the reality is you will still probably lose and draw huge amounts of games, get turned over by shit teams, regularly get whopped by the top six. Forever destined to not quite be good enough to win anything and just waiting around for a manager to massively **** up and then get relegated. To a team, that's pretty much the life of clubs our size.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Perhaps I misread what you said, if so apologies. But it just read that he was somehow being blamed for you no longer enjoying going down, which gave the impression before he came you were happy to go down under the other two. We were shit and boring long before he arrived, some have absolutely blamed him for "ruining" us despite the fact we were crap before he arrvived. So it's nonsensical.

Midtable premier league football is boring in general IMO, that's the reality of it. You can play lovely attacking football, but the reality is you will still probably lose and draw huge amounts of games, get turned over by shit teams, regularly get whopped by the top six. Forever destined to not quite be good enough to win anything and just waiting around for a manager to massively **** up and then get relegated. To a team, that's pretty much the life of clubs our size.

Well I loved the football in the MON era and that was midtable stuff 

13 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

A few things to add to this, we won cups. There were large spells of very poor results under O'Neill and there was a fair bit of frustration from the fans. However, there was no internet to blow things out of proportion and O'Neill was a god. It would have taken near relegation before anyone questioned him again.

But there was spells of dog shit, the year we got to the final Vs Spurs we'd been heinous in the league for a few months. We also had a knack of getting results against the bigger clubs, certainly at home which added to the excitement. We picked up a lot of poor results though as well.

Also look at the league tables from that era, quite amazing that teams from about 7th to 13th often got around 50-55 points. There was much more competitiveness amongst that part of the division because the top 6 weren't quite as dominant as they are now. You can finish 13th nowadays on about 42 points.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I'm talking long term, in your first few seasons anything that's not relegation is amazing. Then things settle down and everything just slips into being a bit "samey". We could finish 8th five seasons running playing nice football, and I absolutely guarantee people would be bored and restless, looking to get rid of their manager and wanting to kick on to the "next level" that's just not attainable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I think this is a tad harsh I don't think we was shit maybe devoid of ideas but the squad was largely built up of the title winning players, the season after the title win can probably be forgiven due to the fact we had just done the unthinkable then Shakey was given 8 games before Puel coming in against tough opposition … he has more or less taken apart that squad not all his doing and some of the players probably did lose a bit of something but the manager is there to get the best out of squad and I don't think he did that and not much progression has been made in terms of results or consistency.

I still think its probably to early to judge him but I can't see him lasting long in all honestly, way to inconsistent 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

Damn sight better to watch than this boring crap served up by Puel that's for sure. And we won to cups under O'Neil too. Can you honestly see us winning anything at the moment?

4 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Damn sight better to watch than this boring crap served up by Puel that's for sure. And we won to cups under O'Neil too. Can you honestly see us winning anything at the moment?

Maybe a second rate cup as our reserves are quite strong ...   but, if CP is left to develop the team, maybe something more meaningful within a couple of seasons.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think this is a tad harsh I don't think we was shit maybe devoid of ideas but the squad was largely built up of the title winning players, the season after the title win can probably be forgiven due to the fact we had just done the unthinkable then Shakey was given 8 games before Puel coming in against tough opposition … he has more or less taken apart that squad not all his doing and some of the players probably did lose a bit of something but the manager is there to get the best out of squad and I don't think he did that and not much progression has been made in terms of results or consistency.

I still think its probably to early to judge him but I can't see him lasting long in all honestly, way to inconsistent 

We were crap though, whatever the reasons for that before he came in. The squad needed to be taken apart because it was full of crap signings and quickly aging players.

I'm not suggesting he's not there to get the best out of it, of course he is and I'm very mixed on what he's done. But I'm just not having people making out he's somehow ruined us when the two people before him got the tin tac for us basically not being very good.

Just now, Countryfox said:

Maybe a second rate cup as our reserves are quite strong ...   but, if CP is left to develop the team, maybe something more meaningful within a couple of seasons.

Not many managers get a couple of seasons these days in the top flight without progression especially when big money is being spent, if the owners don't see any progression then im sure he will be gone by the end of the season

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We were crap though, whatever the reasons for that before he came in. The squad needed to be taken apart because it was full of crap signings and quickly aging players.

I'm not suggesting he's not there to get the best out of it, of course he is and I'm very mixed on what he's done. But I'm just not having people making out he's somehow ruined us when the two people before him got the tin tac for us basically not being very good.

fair enough, I don't think any of the managers have been helped by some of the signings we have made and staff losses all very poor decisions ultimately losing the spirit/ethic that got us here.

Although the manager must play some part in controlling all this something that Pearson and his team was extremely good at, now it looks like a loose ship that doesn't have a captain.

25 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Not many managers get a couple of seasons these days in the top flight without progression especially when big money is being spent, if the owners don't see any progression then im sure he will be gone by the end of the season

I think we have already seen progression ...  a young team with a solid core who imo will only improve ....    and a lot of dead wood to be moved out.

18 hours ago, cc_star said:

Can you see us improving if he stays?

Lost 5 in 9 this season and 10 of last 16... Some improvement

Do you really think there's not a manager who couldn't do better with what we have, the 19th most valuable squad in Europe

lol lol 19th most valuable squad care to name the other 18?

At the end of the day money spent means F all. Care to remind us what £25m did in 2015/16 compared to hundreds of millions.