Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

42 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

When is it okay to point out that we play dreary football in a rubbish formation that isn’t getting the best out of our players and the only teams we’ve beaten this season have been absolute dog shite? 

Just askin.

didn't last long.

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Lock the thread until the end f the season pls.

Mate, with respect there are lots of threads to discuss grief and galvanisation. If the topic isn’t your cup of tea, that’s fine, I respect that but at least respect my right to a differing opinion and the opportunity to comment on what I think might be good for the football club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Ah.

Still too soon then.

I’ll revisit in a few games time and test the water again then.

I don’t think Vichai’s passing should have much bearing on the decision. However Puel does still have my support, just about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Dreary football being the only ones in the league to have scored in every game and the 9th most goals scored. Would much rather have the "no goals in 5 league games, hoof it at Vardy" tactics of late Ranieri instead...

I’d rather have a manager that can play a side with a few more credible goal scoring chances per game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mazarron fox said:

Can’t you for once just give it a rest for a while , give the manager his back room staff and the players a break your comments are tedious in the extreme. I think most of us here don’t want to return to the 3 managers a year scenario except you. We are attempting a change of formation with a very young squad, are tenth in the league trying it but for you that’s un acceptable! Sometimes I lose the will with some of you!

Perhaps stay out of a Puel out thread then.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I take it you didn’t see the scenes at the end of the game where three players pushed Puel to the front of the away support. Including supposedly his biggest critic Vardy. This was met by Puel’s name being sung. 

Given his dignified manner over the past week, where he’s never spoken for anyone or attempted to be any different in his personality he’s here to stay for a decent chunk of the coming months. 

Hes been a quiet unifying force this past week. Any sacking in the next couple of months would be a real ‘wtf’ moment for the players. 

I did buddy yes. But another way of looking at it is that if it takes the death of a wonderful human being for basically the crowd to sing our managers name when he’s been here a year and Vardy to look like he remotely supports his methods then perhaps it’s all not that rosy?

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I did buddy yes. But another way of looking at it is that if it takes the death of a wonderful human being for basically the crowd to sing our managers name when he’s been here a year and Vardy to look like he remotely supports his methods then perhaps it’s all not that rosy?

You must have a big thorn.....digging in somewhere...!!

I defend @Swan Lestainasmuch as having a minority view does not by definition make someone wrong. Nor is it insensitive to hold the views he does despite recent events. However....

I think your perception might be set - we all know people who see a game we're not watching, and it is often a result of their only seeing what they choose to see. You may well not do this, and I admire your consistency in this matter, but those of us less anti- see that the football being played now, might not be scintillating enough to satisfy you, but can see that it might be leading somewhere good. I hope it does, and that you get to enjoy it too. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

I don’t think Vichai’s passing should have much bearing on the decision. However Puel does still have my support, just about.

Right now (and probably to the end of the season) we need stability and a period of healing.. Although I'm not a fan of Puel,  he has to stay put for this period. 

See where we're at come the end of the season. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I’d rather have a manager that can play a side with a few more credible goal scoring chances per game.

Oh are we playing that. Let's look at xG each game then: https://understat.com/team/Leicester/2018 - 14.58 xG this season or 1.33 per 90. In other words making enough chances each game to about justify our output (1.55 goals per game). Any way you cut it we're creating a reasonable amount of good chances and scoring them.

At the moment we need to stick together and that includes the manager. We are in a delicate situation and too much change could ruin the season and the future of this club. Regardless of what you think of him give him a couple more months  - before judging him. 

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

We're a work in progress and maybe some people want more out of him; however we're nothing more than an inconsistent mid table team right now.

Since last season I can see improvements, the football we've played has been much better in my opinion, we've scored in every game this season, at the back end of last season in some games we were having no shots on target, this season we're actually creating chances and in the majority of games we've looked decent going forward.

Our performances have been patchy, some good, some bad; however the bad performances came solely because of the defence, that's been our weakness this season, if Puel can patch that up then we have a good team on our hands, a team more than capable of finishing 7th.

We've had positive performances against Man Utd, Liverpool and for 40 minutes against Arsenal. We've beaten the teams we should be beating. In terms of bad the Bournemouth defeat was by far the worst and the Everton loss was Morgan's fault.

We have a young side slowly maturing and it will take time, right now I'm seeing progress, he should remain.

Couldn't agree more with this.

For me, the key thing is that we've had a rocky start to the season and haven't yet been able to field a settled side for various reasons. As a club in transition tactically, of course that's going to hamper our results in the short term, yet you can genuinely see on a game-by-game basis the little things starting to improve. Players are linking up a bit better, we're controlling the game more effectively. We've yet to hit it for the full 90 mins yet, but it's certainly an improvement on last season. Puel is tinkering behind the scenes and it seems to be working.

Our defense has been massively unsettled with Morgan's suspensions, lack of match fitness for Evans/Soyuncu, and now injuries to Amartey/Maguire, but we're getting there. Chilwell is vastly improved, and with Gray back in front of him the link up play with Maddison will be even better. Mendy is a born-again player, and Pereira is starting to look even stronger going forwards.

Also, I can't help but think that the way Puel has handled the past week has been superb, and I think the players really appreciate that. I'd like to think we'll see the whole unit of team and manager come together a bit closer now in light of recent events.

Ultimately, given the sheer lack of quality at the bottom of the league there's almost zero chance of us going down this season. We're in a period of transition with young talent settling into their roles, and a new tactical set-up which we're adopting with some degree of success. There's no real reason to get rid of Puel this year, and he deserves our full backing for the remainder of the season .

• Like 3

There is no way we should be expecting a sacking anytime soon, Top has got to grieve let alone sack a manger who should keep us up this season! 

The last smthing he needs is to be thinking about looking for a new manager right now Puel is steadying the ship who knows this may bring all the players and him together l!

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Ah.

Still too soon then.

I’ll revisit in a few games time and test the water again then.

I and I'm sure a lot of other people think you're being incredibly callous, it's just not the time to be discussing this. He deserves our full backing at the bare minimum for the rest of the season and I'm certain that history will show that Claude has steered the club with incredible dignity through what will be our darkest hour. Please, please look at the bigger picture. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Xen said:

Couldn't agree more with this.

For me, the key thing is that we've had a rocky start to the season and haven't yet been able to field a settled side for various reasons. As a club in transition tactically, of course that's going to hamper our results in the short term, yet you can genuinely see on a game-by-game basis the little things starting to improve. Players are linking up a bit better, we're controlling the game more effectively. We've yet to hit it for the full 90 mins yet, but it's certainly an improvement on last season. Puel is tinkering behind the scenes and it seems to be working.

Our defense has been massively unsettled with Morgan's suspensions, lack of match fitness for Evans/Soyuncu, and now injuries to Amartey/Maguire, but we're getting there. Chilwell is vastly improved, and with Gray back in front of him the link up play with Maddison will be even better. Mendy is a born-again player, and Pereira is starting to look even stronger going forwards.

Also, I can't help but think that the way Puel has handled the past week has been superb, and I think the players really appreciate that. I'd like to think we'll see the whole unit of team and manager come together a bit closer now in light of recent events.

Ultimately, given the sheer lack of quality at the bottom of the league there's almost zero chance of us going down this season. We're in a period of transition with young talent settling into their roles, and a new tactical set-up which we're adopting with some degree of success. There's no real reason to get rid of Puel this year, and he deserves our full backing for the remainder of the season .

Exactly.

Back end of last season you might as well of took a pillow and sleeping bag with you, so far this season I haven't felt that way, I haven't felt bored when watching us, that's because we've looked better when going forward and that's down to the performances of certain players.

Puel has tinkered a bit, sometimes not for the better, sometimes he's had no choice. The right side of defence situation has been a total mess for many reasons, Wes getting suspended twice, Ricardo not looking good enough defensively and now Amartey is injured. Playing Iheanacho and Maddison together doesn't work for me, I think Puel has now identified this by starting Gray instead against Cardiff.

As I said above certain players have made a difference this season, Chilwell has made serious improvements, Ricardo when going forward can be a difference maker, we finally have a quality number 10 in Maddison and Mendy feels like a new signing.

The league will probably be split into four sections this season, top six, Europa league spot challengers, middle of the road teams like Palace and Brighton then the relegation battlers. Right now we're in the Europa League challenger spot, I'd put us on par with Bournemouth, Watford, Everton, Wolves and West Ham, I expect us to flip-flop between those five teams as the season goes on.

As I said earlier we're a work in progress, we're going to see some good and some bad from us, few things still need fixing, right side of defence mostly, another RB in January is a must and we need to start getting the best out of Vardy, we could do  with a player who can take the pressure off him, Iheanacho isn't that guy imo.

When we start losing to the relegation fodder teams then we should start worrying, right now I'm happy enough.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Lock the thread until the end f the season pls.

There would only be more Puel Out threads opened.  There will be more opened even if this one gets to 100 pages.

This is the time for unanimity of spirit.  That said, our grab bag of performances this season doesn’t lend itself to unanimity of opinion -- if such a thing could exist.

We all know this place will get back to normal, with the same denizens in the zoo (counting myself as one of the more eccentric animals).  The best that could happen is that people will express their honest views with respect for others, and attack other opinions, not the human beings expressing them.

For a few, that will prove impossible.  The rest of us will just have to try to hold ourselves to that standard.  Grasping a little of what Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha taught us by deed, so we can reflect it in mere words.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

Ok so when you said "a fresh start to refocus the players might be exactly what is required" what was it that you were suggesting??

I was stating that it’s an equally arbitrary argument to needing to stick together and have continuity. It’s an opinion. It’s certainly not motivated by anybody’s death. Try and take the emotion out of it. There’s few fans more upset than I am regarding the death of our Chairman and any decision to remove Puel should not be related to the passing of Vichai.

Stability and progression will only work effectively combined.

If the club gets a few bad results and Puel leaves, then the 'project'/'vision' that Vichai had dreams of working towards to would be quite broken to some extent as feel Puel is actually the right manager to help the club move forward.

Yes, he's made some questionable substitution decisions at times but the performances under him actually indicate that there's real potential in the team if everyone continues to improve individually and collectively on a consistent basis and develop strong morale.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 3