Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

10 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Some of the pass-pass-pass-pass stuff in our own defensive third does terrify me at times though!!

Whilst I understand that totally, it generally wore Cardiff down today, and surely it is far preferable to hoofing it, or punting something long in the vague direction of Vardy?

Mendy kippered them once or twice today, was a joy to see.

Edited by HighPeakFox
spelling
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Good point. I remember Mahrez hoofing it upfield once against Liverpool in the title winning season and Vardy had a first time shot from long distance which smashed into the net.

I don't want to see world class goals from route one football. That Vardy goal sickened me to my core.

[I'm obviously only kidding here]

Ha ha :)

I'll take the bait - it wasn't vague, and it wasn't hoofed (and he wasn't a defender!)

• Haha 3

After Vichai's passing this season is essentially a "write-off." I know Vichai didn't run the day-to-day but given we literally have a new owner (even if it's the same family) means we need to get our house in order again. And because the family will have to deal with all of the other businesses they run it's going to mean they can't give us their full focus until that's done. Thus if there are going to be any coaching changes, it is likely it will be at the end of the season and not any time before then.

But just because this is the case doesn't mean that the season is wasted. We've beaten Huddersfield, Newcastle and Cardiff and I would imagine that it's between those teams and Fulham for who goes down this season. Thus whilst we might not have a spectacular 15/16 kind of a season, I doubt we will be in any relegation trouble. This is the perfect time to give the young players in our team game time and Puel is a brilliant coach for this because he believes in youth. I know for some this means that the likes of Soyuncu and Hamza should be in the team, but I think Puel will introduce the right players at the right time. Who knows with Amartey's injury there may even be another promotion from the youth team to cover? I think Puel deserves more credit than he gets for when and how he brings players into the team.

As proven both before and after today's game, for good or for worse this set of players has now gone through a very eventful experience together. I can think of three other eventful experiences that happened recently too; Deeney Day (we won the Championship the next season with over 100 points) and a season where we were bottom of the league for the longest time that a team who has avoided relegation has ever spent there, after which we won the Premier League the following season. Then when Ranieri got sacked we won 5 games in a row and beat Sevilla in the Champions League. It would be just like this club for something special to happen as a result of this tragedy. You could see at the end of the game that a lot of the players couldn't believe what they were seeing... to have fans, staff and players come together like we have IS something special, and can be used as a positive force going forwards.

I was very proud of Chilwell, Gray and Ndidi today. Despite their young age they seemed to grab the moment today and you could see they desperately wanted to win. The last week might turn out to be something that matures them and takes them to the next level and that marks a new spine of superstars after the Pearson / Ranieri era. I for one hope so :) !

• Like 1

We are a few players short from being able to play Puel’s style effectively. A CM and two wingers atleast. 

Pereira looked good at RB today so hopefully his form will continue. We also have Benkovic and Barnes to come back who have been highly praised. 

What we’re seeing today isn’t the finished product...

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Shane said:

We are a few players short from being able to play Puel’s style effectively. A CM and two wingers atleast. 

Pereira looked good at RB today so hopefully his form will continue. We also have Benkovic and Barnes to come back who have been highly praised. 

What we’re seeing today isn’t the finished product...

I would say that we most need a striker that suits 4231, with the ball coming from the wings. We all love Vardy and Shinji, and are rather underwhelmed by Nacho, but none of them seem well suited to the system that Puel wants to play. Slimani possibly, but between injuries and general mardiness I discount him.

Personally think this thread should be closed. Vichai clearly took to Claude and his vision for the club, the development of the players, both senior and youth and the style of football he wanted to help mould. We should get behind him more than ever. I think that Vichai knew that it wouldn't all be plain sailing and it will take time to change our style of play, not the work of a week or a month or even a season so I think we just need to support Puel and show our support.

Edited by smr
  • Like 3

When is it okay to point out that we play dreary football in a rubbish formation that isn’t getting the best out of our players and the only teams we’ve beaten this season have been absolute dog shite? 

Just askin.

• Like 1

I demand we thrash Southampton in the Carabao Cup by a score greater and in a far more classy, emphatic footballing fashion than Man City did yesterday. Otherwise he should go. ? 

Seriously though, we should back him this season. We have had enough turmoil and if we get the blend right with the young players and the style we are trying to develop, then we might be very pleasantly surprised.

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I demand we thrash Southampton in the Carabao Cup by a score greater and in a far more classy, emphatic footballing fashion than Man City did yesterday. Otherwise he should go. ? 

Seriously though, we should back him this season. We have had enough turmoil and if we get the blend right with the young players and the style we are trying to develop, then we might be very pleasantly surprised.

I hear you, I really do. I just don’t think we’ll be pleasantly surprised at any juncture until his tenure ends.

On 01/11/2018 at 08:04, Ric Flair said:

I think this environment is the best and only chance for Puel to succeed here. Hes now got a nucleus of players galvanised by these tragic events and they'll be men possessed in trying to honour Vichai. We aren't a club that suffers too much under pressure, so in the short term I'd not be surprised to see us really turn it on on the pitch. If Puel can form a close bond with the players during this then hes got a chance.

I see no point causing any ruptions in the club right now, just adds unnecessary spotlight and aggro. Let's all unite and see where it takes us for now. 

This post 

spot on

12 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

When is it okay to point out that we play dreary football in a rubbish formation that isn’t getting the best out of our players and the only teams we’ve beaten this season have been absolute dog shite? 

Just askin.

Dreary is a personal call, and not one I'd agree with - I'm finding the whole transition thing incredibly interesting, if only periodically exciting. The absolute acme of dreary (with added pathos) was watching us attempt to 'counter-attack' a dog-shite team's parked bus for 90 minutes. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

A fresh start to refocus the players might be exactly what’s needed, is an equally plausible argument to sticking with what we have in order to somehow galvanise a grieving dressing room.

Can’t you for once just give it a rest for a while , give the manager his back room staff and the players a break your comments are tedious in the extreme. I think most of us here don’t want to return to the 3 managers a year scenario except you. We are attempting a change of formation with a very young squad, are tenth in the league trying it but for you that’s un acceptable! Sometimes I lose the will with some of you!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

A fresh start to refocus the players might be exactly what’s needed, is an equally plausible argument to sticking with what we have in order to somehow galvanise a grieving dressing room.

So we're sacking him because its good timing with the helicopter crash and everyone grieving, seems reasonable...

9 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I’m not certain it is.

contraversial I know but that’s the way I feel.

I take it you didn’t see the scenes at the end of the game where three players pushed Puel to the front of the away support. Including supposedly his biggest critic Vardy. This was met by Puel’s name being sung. 

Given his dignified manner over the past week, where he’s never spoken for anyone or attempted to be any different in his personality he’s here to stay for a decent chunk of the coming months. 

Hes been a quiet unifying force this past week. Any sacking in the next couple of months would be a real ‘wtf’ moment for the players. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Sacking Puel now for a fresh start for the sake of it.   Not far short of madness, Swan

Sticking with what we have is also plausible because we're not doing too badly