Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

New training ground approved

Just now, UniFox21 said:

So around 18 months to build it and get ready for them to move in. Hopefully that allows for delays to happen as well and we can move in easily

I guess they don't need to have it all completed but a lot can be done simultaneously like the physical structures and the pitches.

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Really can't see what the big deal is. It's got nothing to do with us and it's not as though we're gonna become the barcalona of the midlands just because we've got some amazing training facilities.

I would say purely on a level of attracting youngsters - this facility would completely blow Derby, Forest, Cov and Villa. Never ever had that advantage as a Leicester fan growing since the late 80s. 

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
11 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Stadium is more important if we want to be perceived as a bigger club. 

Good news however

Both are important to move us ahead of a large bunch of similar sized clubs. 

9 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Really can't see what the big deal is. It's got nothing to do with us and it's not as though we're gonna become the barcalona of the midlands just because we've got some amazing training facilities.

Wow did you get out of the wrong side of the bed or what. So you can't see the benefits of this development. A similar size club offer a similar fee and wages to a player and the chance to train at a Belvoir drive or our state of the art facility. 

I can also see us forging links with some of Europe's elite what a traing base to use before a CL clash. Also the likes of Brazil pre International. Then the benefits to our coaching staff watching world class players  and coaches at work. 

• Like 4

Just now, sylofox said:

Wow did you get out of the wrong side of the bed or what. So you can't see the benefits of this development. A similar size club offer a similar fee and wages to a player and the chance to train at a Belvoir drive or our state of the art facility. 

I can also see us forging links with some of Europe's elite what a traing base to use before a CL clash. Also the likes of Brazil pre International. Then the benefits to our coaching staff watching world class players  and coaches at work. 

Cause i can see what the benefits could be, i could also see what the benefits of opening up St. Georges were supposed to be. Still hasn't made England a force in world football though has it. 

Guest Markyblue
7 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Cause i can see what the benefits could be, i could also see what the benefits of opening up St. Georges were supposed to be. Still hasn't made England a force in world football though has it. 

Projects like st George's and our new training ground are long term investments not a quick fix.

26 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Nice calling it the best training facilties in europe, we all know thats not true... Has anyone actually seen the Etihad campus? Or Cobham? St Geroges park etc etc . But its a fantastic training ground for a club our our size! 

They got a golf course? I don't think so.... ;)

• Haha 3

If the stadium is the stage for the club, the real home for the players and staff is the training ground.

Going forward it should make us a more attractive proposition to upcoming kids, top coaches, managers and exotic foreign players who prioritise this sort of thing (Brazilians).

Huge statement of ambition. No doubt the right time to do it, the large complex could accommodate future development relatively easily in future given resources stay healthy, the Champions League money also needed spending on infrastructure

These places usually have fancy names too, I'm assuming ours will be called Park Hill?

Edited by Jaspa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I would say purely on a level of attracting youngsters - this facility would completely blow Derby, Forest, Cov and Villa. Never ever had that advantage as a Leicester fan growing since the late 80s. 

We need a massive overhaul of our academy, and I don't see how that's going to happen any time soon as the men with the most influence over that area is untouchable. If we continue with the same coaches, mentality and regime then we could have a brand new training facility for every single youngster we have on our books and we'd still be behind the very best academies in Europe. It staggers me that the club doesn't think this is an area that requires huge development, when every other facet of this club has done and mostly for the better.

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

I hope the upgrade in facilities provokes an upgrade in coaching and academy staff. 

Well said that man, it's the most important next steps I think. Marginal gains on training facilities have an even bigger impact on younger players and if we get that right then we could be the pioneers of modern football that we want to be.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I am impressed with your positivity but let’s not pretend that the best training facilities in Europe automatically gives us a better advantage. Players will come for the money and perceived success, or in some cases if a club is located in a nice part of the world. If we maintain the exact same structure I don’t see why players would favour us more because of some excellent training facilities.

This isn’t to dismiss how class it’ll be to have such facilities but it’s not the biggest or important thing to ever happen to us, not unless it comes with the same level of ambition from the WHOLE of the football club. It’s a nice start though.

Fair points, though I stress I probably should have put the words potential and long-term in my original post somewhere...

I just think it's a great sign of the ambitions the Thais have for us. And given their history of improving and upgrading the club - as Claudio once put it, zslowly zslowly - I genuinely believe that this is a monumental step forward for us and *could* lead to sustained success in the not too distant future.

• Like 1

Found this article on the Skyscrapercity thread about the training ground. https://www.constructionenquirer.com/2018/10/12/mclaren-tipped-for-120m-leicester-city-training-complex/

For anyone interested, this is the link for the training ground thread. https://www.skyscrapercity.com/#/topics/2101629?page=4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

We aren't currently even in the same bracket as Newcastle, Everton, Villa, West Ham in the eyes of the world. It's about moving from the same bracket as the likes of Norwich, Middlesborough, Derby, Stoke, up to the next level.

The benefits of this move and the ground upgrade might not be seen for decades, but combined with regular mid table / top 10 finishes in the mean time it's lays the ground work for the whole club to push on.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We need a massive overhaul of our academy, and I don't see how that's going to happen any time soon as the men with the most influence over that area is untouchable.

Largely agree but surely having an excellent training complex means you'd get better coaches enquiring about the possibility of taking a role in our academy? At the moment we have no outstanding features. 

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

Found this article on the Skyscrapercity thread about the training ground. https://www.constructionenquirer.com/2018/10/12/mclaren-tipped-for-120m-leicester-city-training-complex/

For anyone interested, this is the link for the training ground thread. https://www.skyscrapercity.com/#/topics/2101629?page=4

Thanks but can't find it on the 2nd link.

4 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

lol 

Take a team like Genk in Belgium who prides it self on their academy and facilities and look what talent they produce and bring in from other countries because of this.

Kevin De Bruyne, Thibaut Courtois , Yannick Carrasco, Christian Benteke, Origi, and our very own Ndidi to name some...

but no its not a big deal ;) 

Edited by les-tah