Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

New training ground approved

Guest Markyblue
4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The thread for this over at Skyscraper City is bloody entertaining. 

There's a Forest fan on there suggesting not only that they don't care about us, but also that Nottingham is a much better city because it's retail options - one of the best in the country according to the Nottingham Post - and the Forest's history is better and will never be beaten. Oh, and, apparently we cheated our way to title. But hey - at least we were alive for it.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=2101629&page=1

They don't care about us. 

What you have to remember is its very hard for them. They hate us but pretend they dont and we're not even rivals. They prefer to bully derby a much smaller city than take on the real football powerhouse in the east Midlands. Basically they got lucky with clough and did actually achieve something special but for the most part of their history they have been bland at best. Enjoy the Brian clough trophy you mugs.

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The thread for this over at Skyscraper City is bloody entertaining. 

There's a Forest fan on there suggesting not only that they don't care about us, but also that Nottingham is a much better city because it's retail options - one of the best in the country according to the Nottingham Post - and the Forest's history is better and will never be beaten. Oh, and, apparently we cheated our way to title. But hey - at least we were alive for it.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=2101629&page=1

They don't care about us. 

"Enjoy living off that miracle prem win and European failure for the next 50 years while bitching about a championship club who’s got 10 more cups. "

Wow.

European failure?  We literally out-performed every other English side in the PL in 15/16 and then out-performed every other English side in the CL in 16/17, but apparently that's considered 'failure' to the side which has struggled in the bottom half of the championship for years . Go figure.

A Forest fan complaining that another side will be living off of past successes hsa got to be the ultimate irony, surely.

Since forest won their European cup(s), some 40 odd years ago, City have won the following silverware;

1 - premier league

2 - league cups

3 - other league titles

2 - play-off finals

my grandad once told me that forest used to be a good team. I’ll have to take his word for it!

By the way I can confirm we firmly have Forest fans rattled. Pre 2016, when meeting a forest fan....the second sentence after being introduced was always ‘European Cup winners’. Post 2016, it is ‘our achievement was better’. 

They hate it. Probably more so than if Derby did it. We are taking their potential fans from the county regions and give them sustained Premier League football.

Frank Clark was Forest’s last manager who was anything other than a circus. Their fans in their desire to become a top flight club again:- 

Allowed a delusional and frankly odious bloke be their manager twice with full support. Billy Davies. 

Ran a brilliant bloke and die hard fan in Nigel Doughty out of the club. 

Celebrated the ownership of Al Fawaz who proved to be a total charlatan. 

Welcomed with open arms an alleged criminal and match fixer as their new chairman. 

Their latest manager has signed 36 players alone. 

One of only four clubs I’ve ever heard in the modern era to chant songs with a racist slant. (Hull, Leeds and Bristol City being the others) 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

Immature from that Snottfest fan, really strange place to have a footy banter discussion on SkyscraperCity of all places.

Makes it known he doesn't care about Leicester City but there he is typing out drivel about how a £120m training ground development means nothing and that their current complex is comparible to our current one despite years of thorough investment, also saying Nottinghams success 40 years ago overshaddows Leicester's recent Title despite the fact the last thing they won was the Championship in 1998 Ontop of that he has what I assume to be his birthyear in his username - 1981, post all of the actual glory years of Notts Forest lol poor sod

They're not all like that and we've got a fair few tossers who pop up and about the internets too. It's definitely a rivalry and I hope we get a Cup game against them so we can get a proper atmosphere going if it's here and level Notts if it's there

Edited by Jaspa

33 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Immature from that Snottfest fan, really strange place to have a footy banter discussion on SkyscraperCity of all places.

Makes it known he doesn't care about Leicester City but there he is typing out drivel about how a £120m training ground development means nothing and that their current complex is comparible to our current one despite years of thorough investment, also saying Nottinghams success 40 years ago overshaddows Leicester's recent Title despite the fact the last thing they won was the Championship in 1998 Ontop of that he has what I assume to be his birthyear in his username - 1981, post all of the actual glory years of Notts Forest lol poor sod

They're not all like that and we've got a fair few tossers who pop up and about the internets too. It's definitely a rivalry and I hope we get a Cup game against them so we can get a proper atmosphere going if it's here and level Notts if it's there

Was just about to post at least we seen out achievements palScreenshot_20181017-164318.png

Edited by tylesta

They’re not all as deluded as that but a lot are, it’s f ucking hilarious. So many contradictions, he kept going on about us nearly being relegated the season after winning the league as opposed to y’know actually being relegated, in 1999.

19 hours ago, filbertway said:

I used to play football with a few Forest fans and they was chuffed for us in the title win. It's almost like people have different thoughts and aren't all the same because of the team they happen to support.

True, my brother in law is a die hard forest fan and he wanted us to win the title.

All depends on where you live, I suppose. I'm south of Leicester so it's very rare I bump into Forest fans, and a proper rivalry can't exist where there's no contact between fanbases.

I'd imagine it's very different towards the north of the county. Same with places like Hinckley & Nuneaton with Cov.

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

All depends on where you live, I suppose. I'm south of Leicester so it's very rare I bump into Forest fans, and a proper rivalry can't exist where there's no contact between fanbases.

I'd imagine it's very different towards the north of the county. Same with places like Hinckley & Nuneaton with Cov.

None of the Forest fans I knew growing up (Loughborough area) had much of an opinion on us honestly. Derby fans were a different story but still far from an intense rivalry...