Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

New training ground approved

21 minutes ago, les-tah said:

lol 

Take a team like Genk in Belgium who prides it self on their academy and facilities and look what talent they produce and bring in from other countries because of this.

Kevin De Bruyne, Thibaut Courtois , Yannick Carrasco, Christian Benteke, Origi, and our very own Ndidi to name some...

but no its not a big deal ;) 

Worth mentioning too that in recent years our current academy, with modest resources, has produced two Premier League winners (King and Schlupp, each with a Championship title and League One title for the former), a left back who displaced a title winner and is currently in the England squad, Barnes who is currently tearing up the Championship... Not forgetting that the U23s came third in the PL2 last season.

They've even produced an actual ****ing Time Lord!!

With this facility we could be nurturing and producing the KDBs of the future.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Really can't see what the big deal is. It's got nothing to do with us and it's not as though we're gonna become the barcalona of the midlands just because we've got some amazing training facilities.

Here comes the party pooper, why are you stealing my title? ?

• Haha 1

This is fantastic news. It's great to see the club growing. This and the planned stadium expansion will really boost the club above the bracket of similar-sized clubs we currently sit in. Happy that we're really taking advantage of our current status. As others have pointed out, it means, among other things, we'll be in a stronger position to bounce back the next time we're relegated.

Aside from the obvious benefits a state of the art training ground bring, such as making the club more attractive to potential playing and coaching staff, is there also an argument to be made that there could also be very short-term, on the pitch benefits? I haven't read the whole thread, but I haven't seen anyone mention the possibility that the new facility could improve team performances as soon as it's built. I'm wondering if it might provide a small improvement by way of giving the players a bit more incentive to train harder than they already are, in a place they're happier to go to work. I don't know, but if it was me, I know I'd look forward to going to work more if the surroundings were nicer and the facilities were better, and I'd probably be a bit more productive.

The difference it might make to each player's performance might be miniscule, but like Pearson said, if you can improve each player just a small amount, that adds up to a substantial amount across the team as a whole.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

lol 

Take a team like Genk in Belgium who prides it self on their academy and facilities and look what talent they produce and bring in from other countries because of this.

Kevin De Bruyne, Thibaut Courtois , Yannick Carrasco, Christian Benteke, Origi, and our very own Ndidi to name some...

but no its not a big deal ;) 

Whoppa di do da, Shame they couldn't hold on to them.

34 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Whoppa di do da, Shame they couldn't hold on to them.

They couldn't hold onto them because they're Genk. But they ended up with quite a few bob in transfer fees that they've put back into recruitment and their development squad. (Take note of the recent Belgian corruption scandal)

18 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Worth mentioning too that in recent years our current academy, with modest resources, has produced two Premier League winners (King and Schlupp, each with a Championship title and League One title for the former), a left back who displaced a title winner and is currently in the England squad, Barnes who is currently tearing up the Championship... Not forgetting that the U23s came third in the PL2 last season.

They've even produced an actual ****ing Time Lord!!

With this facility we could be nurturing and producing the KDBs of the future.

Well... technically we got King from Chelsea academy but can take credit for the continued development I guess

On 12/10/2018 at 15:15, Raw Dykes said:

This is fantastic news. It's great to see the club growing. This and the planned stadium expansion will really boost the club above the bracket of similar-sized clubs we currently sit in. Happy that we're really taking advantage of our current status. As others have pointed out, it means, among other things, we'll be in a stronger position to bounce back the next time we're relegated.

Aside from the obvious benefits a state of the art training ground bring, such as making the club more attractive to potential playing and coaching staff, is there also an argument to be made that there could also be very short-term, on the pitch benefits? I haven't read the whole thread, but I haven't seen anyone mention the possibility that the new facility could improve team performances as soon as it's built. I'm wondering if it might provide a small improvement by way of giving the players a bit more incentive to train harder than they already are, in a place they're happier to go to work. I don't know, but if it was me, I know I'd look forward to going to work more if the surroundings were nicer and the facilities were better, and I'd probably be a bit more productive.

The difference it might make to each player's performance might be miniscule, but like Pearson said, if you can improve each player just a small amount, that adds up to a substantial amount across the team as a whole.

good points.

There is going to be a clear marginal gain in air quality, for example. Regular heavy exercise in somewhat dirty air is bound to less beneficial than the clean, sunlit uplands of Seagrave.

How far from the Motorway is it again?;)

• Like 1