Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Arsenal Post Match

3 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Posted Thursday 15.35:
WOW! SHOCKING! I'll be really interested to see who the Puel-lovers will be blaming for this abysmal performance. Morgan? Shakespeare? The-bloke-in-the-green-parka-behind-the-goal?  Embarassing. Really, really embarassing.
This 'team in transition' malarky is wearing very thin and the constant references to 'ze qualitee of our play' must surely annoy even the most ardent of the PLs.
The wins against Huddersfield and Newcastle distracted everybody from the fact that our performances this calendar year have been appalling. We have such good players, such a strong squad, yet the tactical ineptitude and lack of man-management  skills of the manager are shining through.
Give him time? NO - he's had enough.
HE NEEDS TO GO.
NOW.

I don’t think we do have a very strong squad.

Ghezzal and Diabetes are two of the most bewildering signings in recent years.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

Just now, The Guvnor said:

Excellent first half, high tempo bossed them. Second half,  disorganised and panicky. didnt understand Claudes Substitutions and Vardy should have a p#ss at half time.

NONE of the players were doing anything at all at the time of them coming off. So I'm not sure why the subs are strange, bringing off ineffective players in the hope we can do something else. Problem is we have nothing on the bench. We need to invest in some serious attacking quality. 

• Like 4

A gutsy first half was all that could be said. No real quality and Arsenal scored three very simple goals. Clau.... I mean Fraud Puel has decimated us. I’m not remotely satisfied with that we did today, we had a decent start and failed to really make the most of it, and gradually faded, and faded until Arsenal were violating us from every angle. 

• Like 1

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

We are just such a mid table team....something id have given anything for a few years ago...now it just seems like such a waste of what we had the potential to do after the title win

Pretty much this. We've had some disappointing times under Puel, but we were longing for this kind of top flight stability for so long.  

That title-winning potential to kick on evaporated with the summer transfer window immediately after- we've now had to go back to the drawing board and play the long game to grow.

great first 30+ minutes. Should've had a penalty and been playing against ten men.

Bad last minute of the first half.

Outplayed a lot of the second half but still if Ndidi's header had been a little lower we'd have been up 1-2.

A draw would've been nice but away at Arse can't expect much.

Vardy had a great sprint in the first few seconds then seemed to lose it. I wonder if he's pulled something.

Ndidi was okay but still naive on occasions.

Ricardo is good going forward but can't defend for toffee

Evans was caught out a little but overall wasn't as bad as he has been.

Amartey made fewest mistakes at the back.

Chilwell had a good game with a poor ten minutes in the second half.

Madders is a great work in progress.

Nacho unlucky.

Okazaki is probably finished.

Puel did fine.

On to the next.

7th is in reach.

Got to say Poo hell surprised me, we played some lovely attacking stuff until the first goal.

Now, did we tactically drop off and give them the extra 15 yards or was it the team,?

Second half was shambolic.

If the owners want to persist with Puel, he will need to invest heavily, and figure out a proper plan b, I don't believe he has the right players with the talent to play like that for 90 mins. There aren't many leaders in the team

There was so much good in today's performance but so much turd also.

• Like 1

We need defenders who can defend. Chilwell and Ricardo going forward are great, but they are a liability at the back. Why does Amartey get in ahead of Simpson. Simpson is a far better defender, and Amartey offers no more than Simpson going forward.

• Like 1

Just saw first hand the trouble with having such a young team. Outplayed them first half, should have been at the very least a couple to the good and against 10 men. Go in at half time 1-1 and all the belief is gone. They played well second half, but we let them. Couldn't string 2 passes together, stopped pressing their defenders, sat far too deep and gave far too much respect to them. 

For all the Puel hate, only time can fix what we just saw. We as fans KNOW we can play good football for 90 minutes, unfortunately the players don't know that. 

On to the next one, a decent run of fixtures now and we need to press on, a few decent results on the bounce and we'll start blowing teams away. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

A gutsy first half was all that could be said. No real quality and Arsenal scored three very simple goals. Clau.... I mean Fraud Puel has decimated us. I’m not remotely satisfied with that we did today, we had a decent start and failed to really make the most of it, and gradually faded, and faded until Arsenal were violating us from every angle. 

Not sure who you are - I guess this is a second account.

We played very well in the first half - better than Arse.

Arse played some great one touch, forward moving fast football in the second the likes of which is rarely seen anywhere in the world.

Ref didn't have a great game.

You've overreacted.

1 minute ago, 49er said:

We need defenders who can defend. Chilwell and Ricardo going forward are great, but they are a liability at the back. Why does Amartey get in ahead of Simpson. Simpson is a far better defender, and Amartey offers no more than Simpson going forward.

You haven't seen Simpson this year then.

Richie Wellens looks fitter and better.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

How can you look so good for 30 mins then look so bad for 60? Baffling.

When the opposition turn it onto a tempo that only the top players are capable of ? 30th to 45th I think there’s an argument we were soft as shite but Arsenal were majestic second half 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

You do realise the two people sacked before him were sacked for being in the bottom three, or basically nailed on to be in the bottom three once the other teams had completed their round of games. We were getting dominated by the likes of Huddersfield and capitulating at Arsenal (which we've done since the dawn of man). So how ****ing exactly has HE decimated us.

• Like 1