Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Arsenal Post Match

Disappointing after a very good opening spell, but Arsenal stepped it up when they needed to and we had no answer. We didn't help ourselves with some shocking tracking back and marking, but there's enough in the 3-5-2 to be optimistic about in the easier games coming up.

Arsenal away when they're on their game is an almost impossible game for anyone outside the top 6, so give it a rest with the Puel out nonsense for a bit. Could have been very different if Wilf scored at 1-1, the penalty was given or Xhaka got sent off.

If Ghezzal gets anything over a 2 in the match ratings I'll be amazed.

• Like 3

Playing Vardy / Maddison out of position is never going to work. Vardy is not a left winger and is wasted there and so is Maddison. F**king square pegs in round holes

If Puel insists in playing 4231, then leave Iheanacho / Vardy out and put a winger on so we’ve got a balanced team. It’s so obvious. 

Edited by adam95581
  • Like 2

Played great for 40 minutes.

Aubameyang changed the game, our defence switched off and struggled against pace...again.

Our defence is shit, Ghezzal is shit, Vardy has probably done a shit.

Same old, same old.

West Ham then Cardiff, lose those two then it's Puel out.

Wonderful upto the point we scored then the team seemed to freeze. We defaulted back to the dross tactics under Ranieri and Shakespeare.

Arsenal have been like this all season, a team possessed in the second half. Both of their goals were wonderful.

Good night's sleep and it'll be forgotten.

Lots of positives to take from the first thirty. Thought the back three were good individually. Too often it was our midfield leaving their men to find space. Think this team needs a ball playing cm and another attacking option. We lost in the end to a good team. Need to get back to it and get vardy fit and well for Saturday. 

Possession style of play so good we couldn’t put 3 passes together.

Retreating immediately after going a goal up.

Defensive substitutions when we needed more going forward. 

Arsenal away is never going to be an easy game, but come on, that second half was awful and I’d argue that (despite backing him recently) a lot of that was down to Puel and his negativity. I’m not convinced that he’s the man to take us forward.

Oh, and he’s seemingly bought a player with one leg in Ghezzal. Not really what we need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I'm puel in, but i honestly hope we sack him just to teach our tragic fanbase a lesson. ****ing embarrassing fans. it's been a while since i've seen such a large group of fans who are so clueless about football, they think everything is black and white and easily rectified. Shame on puel for not seeing the game as simply as most of our fans do. 

Just as embarrassing as your plenty off fish pic

• Haha 1

This shockingly SH1t ref allowed Arsenhole players to dictate the game Holding should have got his second yellow and a red for his blatant handball the ref bottled it, a couple of times they found us he allowed them to play on they dived in our box a couple on a yellow he did Fuchs all he was awful god only knows why that the EPL and FA don’t audit these CNUTS and fine or even drop them to the lower leagues for such such substandard displays??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SuperMike said:

Posted Thursday 15.35:
WOW! SHOCKING! I'll be really interested to see who the Puel-lovers will be blaming for this abysmal performance. Morgan? Shakespeare? The-bloke-in-the-green-parka-behind-the-goal?  Embarassing. Really, really embarassing.
This 'team in transition' malarky is wearing very thin and the constant references to 'ze qualitee of our play' must surely annoy even the most ardent of the PLs.
The wins against Huddersfield and Newcastle distracted everybody from the fact that our performances this calendar year have been appalling. We have such good players, such a strong squad, yet the tactical ineptitude and lack of man-management  skills of the manager are shining through.
Give him time? NO - he's had enough.
HE NEEDS TO GO.
NOW.

Yyyaaawwwwnnn

• Like 1