Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Arsenal Post Match

We looked so excellent for the first 30 minutes but did not turn up in the second half. Wilf's header could have changed things but in truth we got what we deserved.

Very, very disappointing and so fed up of losing at Arsenal in similar circumstances every season.

Ghezzal is as bad as we were warned.

1 minute ago, alanf0x said:

So Rebekah vardy has just liked this tweet...

This! Vardy was nonexistent today. He’s been like this for the vast majority of Puel’s time here. Surely no coincidence? #lcfc

Nonexistent and still managed 20 goals last season.. majority of which was under Puel..

I'm not going to blame the ref for the defeat as the 2nd half performance wasn't worthy of a Derby 07/08 performance. The decisions that weren't given in the first half had no bearing on the shite we were exposed to in the second.

Being able to bring on players like Aubameyang to change the game is a great option to have compared to our option of Okazaki. The quality showed in that 2nd half; Ozil turned it on with exquisite passing to carve us open and we just never got going. The goal before half-time changed the game totally in their favour and it was a sucker-punch after a very promising opening 30 minutes. 

Just really want to win at Arsenal for once :(. When will it happen?! 

• Like 1

What sickens me about this is the Referee made a monumental screw-up and nothing will be done about it.  Great first half, but let down by bad game management to let them equalize.  As for the second half, they never let us get going and out-played us.  The defense still needs sorting out - badly.   There is no pace at CB.    

Weird, weird game.

1st half we were excellent. Their equaliser was just too good.

But second half we completely fell apart. Why? Yes they were excellent, but our attitude was just...off. Couldn't string a pass together, or win a single second ball. We looked like a completely different team.

I'm also starting to worry about Vardy. He's not playing the same, and that breaks my heart to say.

1 minute ago, copunk said:

You can't blame puel at all, and I'm sick of reading the comments supporting him with the sack, arsenal just completely took control, kept the ball well and played how they have nearly all season, once they got their foot in the game we were always gonna struggle, first half we were brilliant, once arsenal got into gear we couldn't live with them, as is the case for a lot of other teams this season, for me puel will always be given a rough ride no matter what, we can see he's trying to build something which I think IS working, for some to react the way they have to us getting beat by a team who will be gunning for top 4 is laughable, some of you really need to have a reality check 

Playing Ricardo at Right midfield, was surely a sign of brilliance!

We have a fundamental problem with Puel's poor in-game management. Not sure whether there is a communication or language issue with the players and coaching staff but he doesn't seem capable during games of turning bad situations around- or indeed preserving good ones - against decent opposition. It has become a recurring theme.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

What sickens me about this is the Referee made a monumental screw-up and nothing will be done about it.  Great first half, but let down by bad game management to let them equalize.  As for the second half, they never let us get going and out-played us.  The defense still needs sorting out - badly.   There is no pace at CB.    

lets hope this VAR comes into the game to maybe stop the 'top 6' from getting the rub of the green. 

massive decision and he has bottled it and its the reason the top 6 stay the same.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You do realise the two people sacked before him were sacked for being in the bottom three, or basically nailed on to be in the bottom three once the other teams had completed their round of games. We were getting dominated by the likes of Huddersfield and capitulating at Arsenal (which we've done since the dawn of man). So how ****ing exactly has HE decimated us.

im baffled by what some of our fans want, seem to bloody change their views every single week,

In terms of Puel, I don't think he did anything wrong - for the first half the tactics worked, but then Arsenal just seemed to figure us out, and we dropped off a cliff. Then you look to the bench, and there's not a single player on there that I would expect to make a difference. Okazaki and Albrighton have such good engines, but they're not game changers.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 49er said:

We need defenders who can defend. Chilwell and Ricardo going forward are great, but they are a liability at the back. Why does Amartey get in ahead of Simpson. Simpson is a far better defender, and Amartey offers no more than Simpson going forward.

There’s an awful lot of Amartey did this and Amartey did that. What I saw was their attacking players scything through our defence at will. Our defending at times was shambolic.

Not just Amartey though. Evans and Maguire too were a shambles in that second half.

I don’t get this forum sometimes.. it’s as though I’ve seen a different game. 

Arsenal in that second half were playing as though it was a practice game.

It was 3 and could easily have been 5 or 6.

There is no bigging up of any of our defensive players in that second half tonight, Amartey included. He is not the answer at right back, yet half this forum STILL make out he’s Pontus Kamaark

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

https://twitter.com/mnorman1985/status/1054476855154221056?s=21

Can’t have this. If anyone thinks this is alright for our strikers Mrs to put on twitter after a 3-1 defeat where he’s ran off the pitch for the last 5 minutes can do one.

She wants the ****ing bin. 

I proved three weeks back. The stats actually say he’s a better footballer than ever - goals and assists happening at a rate like the title winning season. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Got to say Poo hell surprised me, we played some lovely attacking stuff until the first goal.

Now, did we tactically drop off and give them the extra 15 yards or was it the team,?

Second half was shambolic.

If the owners want to persist with Puel, he will need to invest heavily, and figure out a proper plan b, I don't believe he has the right players with the talent to play like that for 90 mins. There aren't many leaders in the team

There was so much good in today's performance but so much turd also.

I don’t think it’s the heavy investment that is required, I think we’ve already got the players to win games but I think they’re being stifled by a poor management mentality. I’d start by fvcking stowell off.