Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Arsenal Post Match

I can only hope that when the Arsenal cleaner goes into the away changing room he/she finds Vardy has left the porcelain bus in a right state. I’m talking pebble dashed pan, no flush, used bog roll on the floor, wee on the bog seat, all the taps running, plugs and soap stolen. That’s as good as a hat trick and a win for the mighty foxes and would MORE than make up for his 88 minutes on the pitch!  

11 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

What do you expect with a meh manager lol 

Fook knows. Im still giving him the chance. I recognize they are playing well right now but i expect more of a challenge from our lads.

If we play with passion and get spanked fair play. But for  after the goal as others have said a bit shambolic

We arent newlt promoted anymore i expect more from our team even if we are in transition.

I’m really conflicted because I want Puel to do well mainly so we have some stability for once but one has to wonder what was said at half time to put out a second half performance like that, yes Arsenal were much better but that doesn’t mean we should lose all ability to string some simple passes together, one thing that really concerns me is the quality of the bench, you look at it and know there’s nobody on there who’s really going to come on and make an impact, compare that to Everton’s bench at the weekend and that’s why in my opinion we won’t get close to 7th this season, I don’t think we’re going to be close to a relegation battle but I don’t think we’re going to be hitting our potential either. As for Vardy I hope he was ill because that was probably the worst performance he’s put in whilst we’ve been in the prem. I hope we can invest in some quality in January.

1 minute ago, Guest said:

Judging by some of the responses you'd think we'd just been turned over by a team of blind quadruple amputees, not a team in top form coming off the back of nine successive wins. Second half was well below par but it's hardly cause to reach for the sharp objects is it? 

These people have the vote. Scary ennit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

lets hope this VAR comes into the game to maybe stop the 'top 6' from getting the rub of the green. 

massive decision and he has bottled it and its the reason the top 6 stay the same.

Yep you’re right. They’re clearly not as good as us and it’s just the refs giving them decisions. That’s the only reason the top 6 is what it is. 

Nothing to do with the fact they all have the best players ?

18 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Can't wait for the foxestalk meltdown after losing to one of the top teams in the league! I guess everyone will focus on the poor 2nd half and ignore the great 1st half and the horrific refereeing decision that did us! And im sure they'll be a fair few Puel out calls! Come on foxestalk, let's have ya! 

Horrific refereeing decision that did us? Since when is Puel a ref? 

Look, I'm firmly on the fence regard the whole in and out stuff but he threw away any chance of points today with an absolutely appalling change of shape. 

People have been crying out for three at the back for months, he finally does it and we dominate arsenal at their own gaff for the first half hour. We were brilliant. 

As soon as they get back in the game, he bottles it and swaps back causing absolute chaos in our defence. Nobody has a clue who they're marking for the two second half goals it was complete carnage. 

I think something needed to be changed in the second half, we started poorly after the break and clearly some adjustment was in order but that could have been achieved by putting Shinji on for Nacho and pulling Maddison to sit deeper in the middle. Or bringing on Iborra for one of the front three to get back some control. 

Not changing the whole shape of the back four, momentarily putting ****ing Evans at left back ffs. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

In terms of Puel, I don't think he did anything wrong - for the first half the tactics worked, but then Arsenal just seemed to figure us out, and we dropped off a cliff. Then you look to the bench, and there's not a single player on there that I would expect to make a difference. Okazaki and Albrighton have such good engines, but they're not game changers.

3 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

To those who are saying Vardy's legs have gone...

Have you ever tried to run when you're clenching as the turtles popping his head out.

Albright could...but not against the Arsenals...

Proper game of two halves. First half we did everything we needed to and should have been 2 or 3 ahead.

Second half was a shambles. Every bit as bad as anything we’ve produced under Puel apart from the Palace and West Ham games at the back end of last season.

Vardy was atrocious, worst game I’ve seen him have for at least 2 years and probably since the first season we went up. No movement off the ball whatsoever - Chilwell was absolutely crying out for an option running into the channel ahead of him and Vardy just stood there motionless, only to mis-control it every time he got it. Perhaps there were extenuating circumstances given the way he left the field but he was absolutely terrible tonight. Genuinely quite shocked by how bad he was.

15 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

So Rebekah vardy has just liked this tweet...

This! Vardy was nonexistent today. He’s been like this for the vast majority of Puel’s time here. Surely no coincidence? #lcfc

Unfortunately we cant let a bloke nearly 32 dictate the style of play, the quicker we adapt the better 

Edited by HankMarvin

Can’t believe expectations to improve our defending on their goals. Maguire and Evans would have needed 8 legs to stand any chance of that. Across their three goals, they literally hit about six perfect passes. That’s what high quality players get you. 

The chance was there in the first half; four great chances and didn’t put them away. That’s the difference between Arsenal and Leicester 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

Proper game of two halves. First half we did everything we needed to and should have been 2 or 3 ahead.

Second half was a shambles. Every bit as bad as anything we’ve produced under Puel apart from the Palace and West Ham games at the back end of last season.

Vardy was atrocious, worst game I’ve seen him have for at least 2 years and probably since the first season we went up. No movement off the ball whatsoever - Chilwell was absolutely crying out for an option running into the channel ahead of him and Vardy just stood there motionless, only to mis-control it every time he got it. Perhaps there were extenuating circumstances given the way he left the field but he was absolutely terrible tonight. Genuinely quite shocked by how bad he was.

Vardy looks like a typically unhappy striker who doesn’t believe in what we are doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

I don’t think it’s the heavy investment that is required, I think we’ve already got the players to win games but I think they’re being stifled by a poor management mentality. I’d start by fvcking stowell off.

The subs we brought on, have no real capacity to change the game.  Mendy and Wilf are too similar and Amartey isn't in his natural position and poor going forward.  We lack a plan b in a attacking sense, and have no real target man and we rely on Maddison too much.

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Yep you’re right. They’re clearly not as good as us and it’s just the refs giving them decisions. That’s the only reason the top 6 is what it is. 

Nothing to do with the fact they all have the best players ?

its obviously not a deciding factor but lets not get over the fact that the bigger teams especially at home get the rub of the green. today was a prime example they should be down to 10 men... would they have turned on a performance like that with 10 men who knows?!

Here's a crazy thought; maybe Jamie Vardy isn't a lazy **** who wipes his arse on £50 notes before the game's even finished. Maybe his legs haven't gone because he's finally given in to a drug addiction....

Maybe he just didn't have a very good game? Maybe he's not been 100% this season. Maybe he felt like shit but was asked to play because he was still the better option?

Nah, it's definitely the former. Sell him in January before he brings further shame on our club.

**** me some of you lot are fickle.

Edited by Paddy.

Our bench is rubbish for game changers.

Mendy and Wilf simply don't offer enough points of difference to one another to play together, and neither keep the ball well enough, for me. Stick Iborra in against West Ham, try and actually get a grip on the middle of the park.

Ghezzal looks ****ing simple, lets be honest. If Claude was really pushing for him you can see why he and the recruitment team had a disagreement in the summer.

Definitely heat of the moment and I'd much rather he stay put for the time being but games like today, watching everything past 15 minutes bounce of Iheanacho or get stuck under his feet – or look to the substitutes to find an absolute dearth of goal threat, that I think recalling Barnes might not be the worst shout in the world.

Chilwell and Maddison looked alright and you could argue the ref shafted us a bit. If you don't take chances against sides like that you get rimmed, though.