Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Arsenal Post Match

Just now, Finnegan said:

Horrific refereeing decision that did us? Since when is Puel a ref? 

Look, I'm firmly on the fence regard the whole in and out stuff but he threw away any chance of points today with an absolutely appalling change of shape. 

People have been crying out for three at the back for months, he finally does it and we dominate arsenal at their own gaff for the first half hour. We were brilliant. 

As soon as they get back in the game, he bottles it and swaps back causing absolute chaos in our defence. Nobody has a clue who they're marking for the two second half goals it was complete carnage. 

I think something needed to be changed in the second half, we started poorly after the break and clearly some adjustment was in order but that could have been achieved by putting Shinji on for Nacho and pulling Maddison to sit deeper in the middle. Or bringing on Iborra for one of t

We didn't change,Arsenal changed us...we never had the ball. Arsenal were untouchable....sometime you have to respect the football.

We were really excellent for the first 35 minutes and should have been 2 up, definitely penalty too. Can't believe the ref didn't give it given his clear view 

Once they scored and we failed to get out of the blocks at the start of the second half, nobody in the team took control. We lack leaders throughout the side. Everyone went into a shell and they got those two quick goals.

We are mentally fragile sadly and have no real quality on the bench to make significant impact.

Arsenal did play well after the break. But they were there for taking first half. Yes we lacked luck but we were still in with a shout at the break. Time for players to stand up and counted.

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Words can’t express how much I loathe Arsenal. Vile club, vile players and vile fans.

Just imagine being even more loathsome than Tottenham.

Absolute scum. 

But the Barstewards play nice football

Edited by fuchsntf

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

Here's a crazy thought; maybe Jamie Vardy isn't a lazy **** who wipes his arse on £50 notes before the game's even finished. Maybe his legs haven't gone because he's finally given in to a drug addiction....

Maybe he just didn't have a very good game? Maybe he felt like shit but was asked to play because he was still the better option?

Nah, it's definitely the former. Sell him in January before he brings further shame on our club.

**** me some of you lot are fickle.

I’m pretty shocked and a bit gutted at the stick Vardys getting tonight tbh

• Like 4

For 50 mins arsenal was class. Substitutions shown the gulf.  

V.a.r gives a penalty? 

Either a formation change or this manager will go?

Pissed off as for 40 mins we bossed them playing some great stuff, but for are dross passing in the final third... 

No luck as per vs top 6 .

Next two are huge ? Else I feel he’ll be gone .....

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

NONE of the players were doing anything at all at the time of them coming off. So I'm not sure why the subs are strange, bringing off ineffective players in the hope we can do something else. Problem is we have nothing on the bench. We need to invest in some serious attacking quality. 

I thought staying with 2 up front we were doing ok. 60 mins Nacho off Albrighton on,  63rd minute 2-1 all downhill from then on.

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm not going to blame the ref for the defeat as the 2nd half performance wasn't worthy of a Derby 07/08 performance. The decisions that weren't given in the first half had no bearing on the shite we were exposed to in the second.

Being able to bring on players like Aubameyang to change the game is a great option to have compared to our option of Okazaki. The quality showed in that 2nd half; Ozil turned it on with exquisite passing to carve us open and we just never got going. The goal before half-time changed the game totally in their favour and it was a sucker-punch after a very promising opening 30 minutes. 

Just really want to win at Arsenal for once :(. When will it happen?! 

When we'll get better players and give the manager some time.

• Like 1

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

I’m pretty shocked and a bit gutted at the stick Vardys getting tonight tbh

Why, it’s  been coming all season and it’s about time he got some. Still no thread about him mind.... 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Horrific refereeing decision that did us? Since when is Puel a ref? 

Look, I'm firmly on the fence regard the whole in and out stuff but he threw away any chance of points today with an absolutely appalling change of shape. 

People have been crying out for three at the back for months, he finally does it and we dominate arsenal at their own gaff for the first half hour. We were brilliant. 

As soon as they get back in the game, he bottles it and swaps back causing absolute chaos in our defence. Nobody has a clue who they're marking for the two second half goals it was complete carnage. 

I think something needed to be changed in the second half, we started poorly after the break and clearly some adjustment was in order but that could have been achieved by putting Shinji on for Nacho and pulling Maddison to sit deeper in the middle. Or bringing on Iborra for one of the front three to get back some control. 

Not changing the whole shape of the back four, momentarily putting ****ing Evans at left back ffs. 

I did think that, Amartey on few occasions was playing on the left, I couldn't understand the back line, I also couldn't understand why Mendy just stood in space rather then mark Ozil?

Created a number of decent openings in the first half an hour but were a mixture of wasteful and a touch unlucky. However, one thing will always be guaranteed and whilst this remains present we will not improve and that's that we are a disgrace at the back. We are the only team in the land that should have been 4-0 up and yet still should have lost as well. 

We had 5 defenders and 2 holding midfielders, 2 of these defenders are England internationals, 1 is a 3 time PL winner and a seasoned pro and then we've a defensive midfielder who's tackling and interception stats are obscene and yet we are an abomination. I can take very little positives out of this era if this continues because we aren't a team that will score 60+ goals a season so although we are capable in attack, we are scandalously poor elsewhere and we don't have the strength in depth to change games when we do balls up.

I'm not sure where we go from here in the short term, it's quite bleak. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, crisp packet said:

For 50 mins arsenal was class. Substitutions shown the gulf.  

V.a.r gives a penalty? 

Either a formation change or this manager will go?

Pissed off as for 40 mins we bossed them playing some great stuff, but for are dross passing in the final third... 

No luck as per vs top 6 .

Next two are huge ? Else I feel he’ll be gone .....

Draw against hammers and scrape through in the cup on pens...

1 minute ago, Langston said:

Ghezzal looks ****ing simple, lets be honest. If Claude was really pushing for him you can see why he and the recruitment team had a disagreement in the summer.

I'm not having that bollocks about Puel pushing for him all summer, not at all. We were linked with wingers left right and centre half the summer and failed to get anything in early. We fecked up a last minute deal for the bloke who went Brighton. It looked every inch a case of us running out of options and them going for anyone the manager knew of last minute because we were light of numbers.I can't see Puel would stake his rep on a player with his record. 

6 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Fook knows. Im still giving him the chance. I recognize they are playing well right now but i expect more of a challenge from our lads.

If we play with passion and get spanked fair play. But for  after the goal as others have said a bit shambolic

We arent newlt promoted anymore i expect more from our team even if we are in transition.

The problem I have you can plainly see they changed tactics and started going through the midfield, but he just leaves it and changed wingers, we needed Iborra or somebody in the midfield to keep hold of the ball a bit

Just now, AjcW said:

Why, it’s  been coming all season and it’s about time he got some. Still no thread about him mind.... 

Don’t you think he’ll come good again then?

Just now, Finnegan said:

I'm sorry Cardiff but Aubamayang is completely and totally unmarked and untracked for both goals by a defence that has no idea who is meant to be where doing what. 

It wasn't genius attacking it was strolling in the park. 

It’s wuite clearly Amartey’s man but when you have a ball played precisely behind you with Bellerin and Aubameyang who can shift about 10 second in 100 metres, its ****ing hard. They were creating these chances against Chelsea earlier this season but the finishing was off. 

I don’t like using the line ‘if you’d played football’ but I can say as a defender when that ball goes in there...there’s not an awful lot you can do 

1 minute ago, Kasey Keller said:

Whats soyunchu gotta do to get a game?

evans and morgan are finished.

Can you even begin to imagine how bad Soyuncu must be looking in training if he's not trusted but Ghezzal is on the pitch?

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Can’t believe expectations to improve our defending on their goals. Maguire and Evans would have needed 8 legs to stand any chance of that. Across their three goals, they literally hit about six perfect passes. That’s what high quality players get you. 

The chance was there in the first half; four great chances and didn’t put them away. That’s the difference between Arsenal and Leicester 

Literally everyone who's not a Leicester fan seems to be raving about Arsenal's goals. Seeking a few objective views is always a good idea before being too harsh on ourselves.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fosse93 said:

Vardy is our best player, we have to play to his strengths. Simple as that.

Really can't get on board with a centre midfield pairing of Wilf and Mendy.

It's boring as shit, you only need one of them.