Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Arsenal Post Match

9 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I’m pretty shocked and a bit gutted at the stick Vardys getting tonight tbh

Why? No one is exempt from Criticism. He was awful. Once on the pitch it’s down to him to put the performances in. He just didn’t get involved or even looked bothered. 

• Like 2

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/nbnbvr Arsenals second goal

This is why I was so baffled at the Albrighton change.. what is our system here? Amartey RCB, Ricardo/Albrighton RB& RM? And nobody picks up Aubamayang... it's not that great from Arsenal, just terrible defending from us. 

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/qvlvpz  Arsenals third goal

Again, where is Albrighton meant to be playing? Is he still RM, is he CM? Was he just told to run around a bit and fill the gaps? lol

Edited by EnderbyFox
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

The subs we brought on, have no real capacity to change the game.  Mendy and Wilf are too similar and Amartey isn't in his natural position and poor going forward.  We lack a plan b in a attacking sense, and have no real target man and we rely on Maddison too much.

But that's all we've got...

19 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

When the opposition turn it onto a tempo that only the top players are capable of ? 30th to 45th I think there’s an argument we were soft as shite but Arsenal were majestic second half 

Not difficult to work out. At halftime, the Arsenal manager saw and knew exactly what to do to change the game to beat us. Whereas Puel hadn't a clue what to do once the new Arsenal tactics ripped us apart. Claud is a fraud, he's not anywhere near good enough to outthink yet alone match what the Arsenal manager did to night. 

• Like 2

Just now, Babylon said:

Yeah they look nice until to analyse the defending. Each time one of our CB's would push out into midfield, we'd get caught out and there is then acres for any decent footballing side to pass it through the spaces we've left. If the CB's had stayed in line, none of those goals would have happened IMO. 

Then you invite the camping on the 18 yard line. When you saying ‘analyse the defendjng’, you’ve got the ability to slow it down. It’s reaction of seconds. The second goal, the defence splitting ball is superb; into the channel and then Bellerin hits one on the button for Aubameyang. 

Pretty much typical leicester performance at arsenal. Play well in parts, not get rub of the green when on top (pen) and end up being outplayed and losing. 

Poor old vards hardly had any touches and why we bring on okazaki (love the guy but not goalscorer) or ghezzal (v lucky to be coming on) is beyond me. 

Will do an assessment for the season so far rather than tonight.

We usually start poorly and are really sluggish, giving the opposition early goals.

Tonight we came out of the blocks quickly, controlled the game 1st half and could have been 2/3 up.

We don’t seem able to produce a 90 mins so far this season where we have dominated. We have had 10/15 minute spells in games , then stop pressing and tire quickly.

We have no game changers from the bench despite all the money we have spent. Ghezzal and Shinji just don’t cut it for me.

Its been great to see the younger players Chilwell, Ndidi, Maguire etc sign long deals but let’s be honest, when we finish the season 10th-12th, no Europe, the big clubs will come calling.

Im still really frustrated at our whimpering end to last season where bar the Arsenal win, we were dreadful when 7th place was there for the taking.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Because we are never in control, both going forward or at the back there's no composure. There's a distinct lack of leadership and direction from Puel and the experienced players, we have a very soft underbelly too. I cannot emphasize enough how bad we are at the back, it overshadows any promise in attack.

Then you look at the pitiful attempts to resolve the loss of Mahrez and it makes my blood boil.

can’t agree with that, for 30 minutes we were well in control, had a few good chances, shouldve had a penalty and scored a well worked goal. they looked pretty rubbish. 

then suddenly we went in front and forgot what a football was and we’re lucky to only lose by 2, tbf. second half could’ve been 5 or 6-0 to them. but that was with (mostly) the same two teams on the pitch? at what point did someone decide to go more defensive and wait for them to score? and if nobody decided that then why on earth did it happen? 

i expected us to lose and i’m not distraught that we lost, they look a really good team going forward and we were always going to concede a couple i thought. but why did we stop trying to score after 30 mins? mental. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Horrific refereeing decision that did us? Since when is Puel a ref? 

Look, I'm firmly on the fence regard the whole in and out stuff but he threw away any chance of points today with an absolutely appalling change of shape. 

People have been crying out for three at the back for months, he finally does it and we dominate arsenal at their own gaff for the first half hour. We were brilliant. 

As soon as they get back in the game, he bottles it and swaps back causing absolute chaos in our defence. Nobody has a clue who they're marking for the two second half goals it was complete carnage. 

I think something needed to be changed in the second half, we started poorly after the break and clearly some adjustment was in order but that could have been achieved by putting Shinji on for Nacho and pulling Maddison to sit deeper in the middle. Or bringing on Iborra for one of the front three to get back some control. 

Not changing the whole shape of the back four, momentarily putting ****ing Evans at left back ffs. 

Yeh i don't disagree with what you are saying but ultimately, they scored some very good goals and would have destroyed most teams in the prem playing like they did 2nd half. I'm not saying Puel is blameless but the decision not to give a pen and send off Holding was huge. Totally different game against 10 men. I know the 2nd half was poor but as always, many on here over react as if we've just lost to Cardiff. We have a young side and we clearly tired 2nd half after putting so much into the 1st half. Yes he got got wrong 2nd half Puel but he was obviously trying to tighten us up and go more defensive when Arsenal were on top and it clearly back fired. We also don't have the luxury of having the likes of Aubameyang on our bench 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

5 defenders and 2 holding midfielders and we get cut apart like that time after time, almost unforgivable.

The player pushing out and leaving the hole is to blame for me. Plenty of others were asleep, but it just makes everything so bloody easy to just walk through you. Wilf hasn't been at his protective best this season IMO. He used to mop up so much, but I don't think he's found anywhere close to his previous levels yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Why? No one is exempt from Criticism. He was awful. Once on the pitch it’s down to him to put the performances in. He just didn’t get involved or even looked bothered. 

Wouldn’t be surprised to find out he has a virus, would also explain him running off at the end.

Just now, ScouseFox said:

can’t agree with that, for 30 minutes we were well in control, had a few good chances, shouldve had a penalty and scored a well worked goal. they looked pretty rubbish. 

then suddenly we went in front and forgot what a football was and we’re lucky to only lose by 2, tbf. second half could’ve been 5 or 6-0 to them. but that was with (mostly) the same two teams on the pitch? at what point did someone decide to go more defensive and wait for them to score? and if nobody decided that then why on earth did it happen? 

i expected us to lose and i’m not distraught that we lost, they look a really good team going forward and we were always going to concede a couple i thought. but why did we stop trying to score after 30 mins? mental. 

I don't call wasting guilt edged chances being in control, it's a lack of composure and even if we were 3-0 we'd not have won the game tonight as we are vulgar at the back.

• Like 1

Really disappointed in Perreira and Mendy tonight both seem to lack the creative brain we are craving for. As others have said we really lack a leader when the going gets tough we lose all confidence and stop doing what made us so successful first half. Still can’t work out if that is the managers fault or the youthful players