Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

7 minutes ago, woddyuk said:

To get round ffp all you need to do is write a cheque to the right person or get someone you know to sponsor the club canteens kettle ;)

There are certainly somethings you can do but ultimately most stay in line, especially clubs of our size. We've the best owners in the country who I'm sure would happily have invested much more money in if they could but its not as easy as that. 

3 hours ago, foxinsox said:

Top is not going to authorise a major spend until he has sorted out the business affairs. 

Think this is very valid to consider. Vichai's passing will not leave Top, Apichet and the board at King Power or the club totally scratching their heads, but it is definitely an emotional time of uncertainty, certainly from a King Power corporate perspective with the Duty Free contract renewal approaching. I'm not saying that the accident will hinder the club plans long-term as everyone has expressed their intent to carry on Vichai's dream, but I just don't think immediately we will see a major January investment. That's before you consider the silly prices in the market, the desire to keep the squad together and unified towards a common goal and half the fanbase, in my opinion incorrectly, calling for a change in manager. We'll have to see.

I can see us adding one player in January. Originally thought it would be a RB, possibly Clyne, but Ricardo has improved in the last few games so now I'm not sure. As for Loftus-Cheek, I'd take him here in a heart beat but only on a permanent or a loan with an option to buy. I don't like idea of loaning from the big PL clubs now we seek to be top 8 regulars ourselves.

• Like 3

I think the owners have already written off this season. Mid-table safety being the aim. So I don't think there will be any major signings. Save the money until next season, then start off with a new manager new signings and a whole new fresh outlook and plan to go forward. I doubt very much if Puel is in any way being considered to take the club into the next season.  

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

I think the owners have already written off this season. Mid-table safety being the aim. So I don't think there will be any major signings. Save the money until next season, then start off with a new manager new signings and a whole new fresh outlook and plan to go forward. I doubt very much if Puel is in any way being considered to take the club into the next season.  

Let’s hope we have some ambition. Hopefully mark Hughes will be available 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Can’t see us doing much business in January to be honest, especially after what’s happened.

We have a big squad that Puel needs to utilise when he needs them and we also have a number of players out on loan - people are calling for a striker with height when we could easily recall Slimani in January rather than spending big bucks mid season.

Saying that though I’d rather the likes of Benkovic and Barnes stayed out on loan as they’re young, playing regularly and very well albeit in inferior leagues, and developing nicely as a result.

So unless we have an injury crisis I can’t see much happening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Can’t see us doing much business in January to be honest, especially after what’s happened.

Agreed. 

Even if, I reckon there'd be more emphasis on moving some players on rather than bringing more in.  My feeling is that we've got a pretty good squad already but there are maybe 4 or 5 players on our books that are sort of in limbo.  

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We have a big squad that Puel needs to utilise when he needs them and we also have a number of players out on loan - people are calling for a striker with height when we could easily recall Slimani in January rather than spending big bucks mid season.

Saying that though I’d rather the likes of Benkovic and Barnes stayed out on loan as they’re young, playing regularly and very well albeit in inferior leagues, and developing nicely as a result.

So unless we have an injury crisis I can’t see much happening.

I don't have the dislike others have for Slimani here he has hardly excelled in Turkey. Only 1 goal so far for Fenerbache.

He had a somewhat good goals to minutes ratio for us but his touch is a bit off and his workrate isn't great either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FoxNotFox said:

Agreed. 

Even if, I reckon there'd be more emphasis on moving some players on rather than bringing more in.  My feeling is that we've got a pretty good squad already but there are maybe 4 or 5 players on our books that are sort of in limbo.  

We are short of options in attack and out wide, there'll be some action if we can get the right player/s.

January is notorious for being expensive and squad's don't tend to spend unless really needed.

The question is do we need to overspend on a player or to wait till summer and pay less. 

We are already going to need to replace the players whose contracts run out in the summer so in my opinion as long as we are sitting mid table i would wait. (Subject to injuries)

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

I'd have Slimani back in January, we need another option and we sling so many crosses in that surely this would suit him better now. 

I'm in two minds about this. We wouldn't go wrong getting a target man, that for sure. Not sure Slimani is the right option though. My memory is pretty crap now but after a decent start for us he never quite stepped up enough. His move to Newcastle was a nightmare and he is hardly winning any glowing reports in Turkey. 

21 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

I don't have the dislike others have for Slimani here he has hardly excelled in Turkey. Only 1 goal so far for Fenerbache.

He had a somewhat good goals to minutes ratio for us but his touch is a bit off and his workrate isn't great either.

Hadn’t realised that. He’d still be the cheapest option though I do agree he wouldn’t be ideal.

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

I'm in two minds about this. We wouldn't go wrong getting a target man, that for sure. Not sure Slimani is the right option though. My memory is pretty crap now but after a decent start for us he never quite stepped up enough. His move to Newcastle was a nightmare and he is hardly winning any glowing reports in Turkey. 

Yeah i do agree, he was a mixed bag at best. But with everything that's gone on in the last few weeks i don't see us splashing out big bucks for anyone, let alone a plan b striker when we have one out on loan. I think CP won't be under pressure, we have a big squad and we have enough quality to be safe mid table, so no need to spend unnecessarily. Our change in style might suit Slimani better now, or it might not. I just think for the money we laid out on him it's worth another punt.