Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Helicopter crash

3 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

No nothing. I do think the silence surrounding this from both the club and the authorities is quite odd. I’m sure there are reasons but I would have expected confirmation of fatalities or something similar even if they can’t provide exact details/identities. It just seems unusual. 

Taken from Sky Sports website:

Sky Sports News reporter Rob Dorsett has been bringing us up to speed about why we are all yet to discover who was on board the helicopter that crashed outside the King Power Stadium last night. 

"I understand there are some sensitivities about why this announcement has taken so long," he said. 

"Leicestershire Police tweeted about three hours ago saying they were hoping to update people shortly.

"My understanding is that it is going to be a joint statement from the Police, from the football club and indeed from the family, and that is complicated by the cultural situation in Thailand and the formalities that need to be followed there. 

"But also, practically, the time difference - it has just gone 1 o’clock in the morning in Bangkok, so communication between England and Bangkok is a little difficult. 

"But all of the authorities are hopeful of getting a statement out as soon as possible."

I’m a long time member of foxestalk and have been reading everything on this since it happened last night. I don’t have anything else to say that hasn’t already been said. It’s a tragedy. Vichai seemed to be an amazing man. 

5 lives that will no doubt affect many more close relations are not coming home, and that’s what saddens me most. I travel for a living and try to block out potential accidents. Statistically helicopter and air travel are the safest modes of transport, but many will rethink that after this awful tragedy.

RIP to all the lives that have been lost. God bless. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

There's been a report that the helicopter was going to Luton Airport for a connecting flight to Thailand... Hopefully she wouldn't have had a reason to be on it...

She lives in Surrey... 

2 minutes ago, BigWesMorgan said:

Which susan are we referring too?

Susan Whelan, vichais right hand

7 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

No nothing. I do think the silence surrounding this from both the club and the authorities is quite odd. I’m sure there are reasons but I would have expected confirmation of fatalities or something similar even if they can’t provide exact details/identities. It just seems unusual. 

430DECF0-CCFE-4A1F-83F3-3DB86532F3E7.png

Just now, LcFc_Smiv said:

Sky Sports News reporter Rob Dorsett has been bringing us up to speed about why we are all yet to discover who was on board the helicopter that crashed outside the King Power Stadium last night. 

"I understand there are some sensitivities about why this announcement has taken so long," he said. 

"Leicestershire Police tweeted about three hours ago saying they were hoping to update people shortly.

"My understanding is that it is going to be a joint statement from the Police, from the football club and indeed from the family, and that is complicated by the cultural situation in Thailand and the formalities that need to be followed there. 

"But also, practically, the time difference - it has just gone 1 o’clock in the morning in Bangkok, so communication between England and Bangkok is a little difficult. 

"But all of the authorities are hopeful of getting a statement out as soon as possible."

Ah...I hadn’t considered time differences between the two countries as a factor. Thanks for sharing. 

I feel I almost need to read the inevitable statement to help myself process what has happened. At the moment without any announcement there’s always that hope, no matter how tiny, and it’s that hope that doesn’t help in my opinion. 

This has been one of the strangest days of my life. I never met Vichai, yet I’ve spent most of the day close to tears because he and his family mean so much to me and the football club I love. It feels the same inside as losing a member of family. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

He's also the owner of a billion dollar company, a company which is also a  partner in some other big Asian companies.

If any of them are listed and the stock market is like anything over here, you might find the announcements need timing correctly because of that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rn9013 said:

Ah...I hadn’t considered time differences between the two countries as a factor. Thanks for sharing. 

I feel I almost need to read the inevitable statement to help myself process what has happened. At the moment without any announcement there’s always that hope, no matter how tiny, and it’s that hope that doesn’t help in my opinion. 

This has been one of the strangest days of my life. I never met Vichai, yet I’ve spent most of the day close to tears because he and his family mean so much to me and the football club I love. It feels the same inside as losing a member of family. 

Feeling exactly the same as this post mate.

Can’t stop thinking about this. What a profound thing though, to have done so much for people who you don’t even know. Imagine leaving a mark on the world that big. 

Just now, rn9013 said:

This sums up how I feel perfectly 

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's also the owner of a billion dollar company, a company which is also a  partner in some other big Asian companies.

If any of them are listed and the stock market is like anything over here, you might find the announcements need timing correctly because of that.

Yep. Quite a large stake in Air Asia as Tony Fernandes mentioned earlier. 

• Like 1

i think this is the reason for the delay in info, get Top over here, inform in formally and get all facts together. Hoepfully some of the awful rumour mill will fade away now. 

With the Thai team coming to the "shrine" thats been made and praying makes me fear the worst and i think we are all hoping for a mircale but i think the worry is about to end.

i will be down paying my respects on saturday whilst you guys travel to Cardiff (if the game goes ahead) with my 8 year old who is apparently cut up too. This is coming from her mum so she may think its the manager but i will set her straight and tell her what he and this family meant to me and she will understand.

Just now, BigWesMorgan said:

As I was aware, she lives in Oadby 

Husband and main home down south. I'm trying to get info as my post earlier was informed as family members have done business with husband. Fingers crossed she's okay but don't know. 

The last 24 hours has been so surreal.

I am from Ireland but I have visited the area surrounding Leicester City so many times over the years and have so many relatives from the city that I think of it as a second home.

Its just so shocking to think that an area that has brought so many great memories to people can experience such a tragedy like this. Been in a state of shock all day.

My heart goes out to everyone in Leicester. Touching to read so many messages from non-Leicester fans on here too.

• Like 4