Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Helicopter crash

2 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

I really have to echo this.

I'd not speaken to my parents for 19 months, today I felt the need to hold out an olive branch and have just got back from a lovely dinner out with them.

Life is too short.

I have to say it was nice to read this on a day like today. It’s nice to know some form of good has come from such a horrible tragedy. 

Best of luck going forward with building bridges with your parents mate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

That’s a question for another day really. 

I guess Top and the rest of Vichai’s family will need to take some time to decide if they can face coming back. The memories might be too powerful, or the family may decide to pursue Vichai’s vision for the club. Either way they’ll have my full support.  

2 minutes ago, Aeropars said:

Yes, and i see nothing wrong with thinking about this. It does not detract form my thoughts being with the families of this horrific disaster.

I think we have probably all thought about this over the past 24 hours but it really isn’t something to speculate over at the moment  - top and his siblings have lost a parent, the football club has lost the man with his hand on the tiller, the staff and players will be in bits and the future of the football club is unlikely to be under consideration for a while ......

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think we have probably all thought about this over the past 24 hours but it really isn’t something to speculate over at the moment  - top and his siblings have lost a parent, the football club has lost the man with his hand on the tiller, the staff and players will be in bits and the future of the football club is unlikely to be under consideration for a while ......

Not speculating mate... just wondering. 

I remember when my mum died, I just had a similar feeling of 'what happens now?'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Aeropars said:

Not speculating mate... just wondering. 

I remember when my mum died, I just had a similar feeling of 'what happens now?'

Same for me when my dad passed away. A tough time, Top will need his family and his adopted family (us) to help him through this the best we can. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

I imagine Vichai's other son and Top's brother, Apichet, who was recently made Executive Director, will be promoted to vice-chairman and Top made chairman. Apichet's nickname is Tip, so we would have Tip Top owners!

Prayers go out to these two and the rest of the family.

image.png

• Sad 4

11 minutes ago, FilbertFrog said:

Well said ! She is an amazing woman and will guide Top and Rudkin through these emotional and difficult times , She will also be distraught as she was treated like one of the family and was extremely close to the boss , my heart goes out to her as well 

Has anything been mentioned about Susan Whelan? I know she sometimes travelled in the helicopter as (I believe) she lives in Surrey.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Peckfortonfox said:

I suffer with depression and anxiety. Our football club is invaluable to me, it's pulls me through bad times and give me something positive to focus on.
Vichai is such and wonderful man, the support he has given to our club is incredible. I feel like he is a family member not just an owner of our club. I am like so many other really feeling this 
I am devastated, ?

I suffer with the same as you and feel exactly the same ?

• Thanks 1