Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Helicopter crash

10 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

That's an excellent point, It's a modern day outlet that hasn't been there for previous generations and like most probably did I came here last night instinctively as my first thought. It's also helping those outside of the county who haven't got a like minded neighbour or friend to share their thoughts with. In it together rain or shine, you're making me proud.

Same here, came here to share memories of the man and just talk out how i was feeling. We're all in the same boat, and it's great to see everyone pulling together

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Aeropars said:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but looking at the images from the air, I think the pilot needs to also be recognised as doing a great job of limiting the situation. I can't honestly believe that it was dumb luck that the chopper came down where it did. Not sure if there's anything like a black box recorder but I hope that we find out if he did do this. If so it should also be recognised.... he will have saved lives.

Very true,it could have been a lot worse imagine if it had hit the stadium on the corporate side or the Holiday Inn. 

19 minutes ago, Aeropars said:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but looking at the images from the air, I think the pilot needs to also be recognised as doing a great job of limiting the situation. I can't honestly believe that it was dumb luck that the chopper came down where it did. Not sure if there's anything like a black box recorder but I hope that we find out if he did do this. If so it should also be recognised.... he will have saved lives.

Fully agree, the pilot has to have had an input and if so he needs to be remembered as a hero

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Aeropars said:

This is said with the utmost respect:

Please don't tell people how to grieve. I can see it affects some people more than others but if people want to talk about such a thing, they should be allowed.

I’m not sure how you have come to the conclusion that I am telling people how to grieve but fair enough. 

I just didnt want this thread to turn into arguments about statues. 

5 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

This is what finally got me choked up. Been feeling very shifty and aimless until seeing that picture. 

We press on, and Foxes never quit. 

Was talking to my friend in Leicester just now - he was planning on going to Morrisons after the football finished yesterday, but decided against it - and is glad he did since it would have taken him past the stadium at the time of the crash or thereabouts.  He went today instead, but didn't have enough money to buy any of the flowers Morrisons had left... :(

Incredibly difficult to put into words how I feel.  Many emotions.  Sad, gutted, upset..., but also proud, thankful and honoured.  To have been part of the recent history, led by some truly wonderful people.  The legacy of Vichai will go on and it’s down to us all to carry it on.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I’m not sure how you have come to the conclusion that I am telling people how to grieve but fair enough. 

I just didnt want this thread to turn into arguments about statues. 

Again, not to be argumentative, I read the comment about "that's for another time" as suggesting it shouldn't be talked about. If it wasn't mean in that way, no problem :)

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

No, but is possible the Thai stock exchange will play a part?

That really won't come into it. Its a public interest incident which will be commented on once facts are established. The family wishes may play some part but business will not be considered. 

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

No, but is possible the Thai stock exchange will play a part?

Doubt it, they wouldnt deliberately withold information before Monday trading. The reason may be mostly down to identfiication - remember this is a private aircraft taking off not from an airfield, but a football ground. There would not necessarily be a passenger manifest.

Feel for the people on the scene today, just a few metres from all the tributes and flowers, probably a pretty grusome job for them to do.

1 minute ago, Aeropars said:

That really won't come into it. Its a public interest incident which will be commented on once facts are established. The family wishes may play some part but business will not be considered. 

Should i put it in my mind, that nobody is alive.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mendi said:

Any idea when we will hear some news ?

I think we all feel probably that we'd have expected to have heard something by now. I'd be very surprised if there was no announcement before 10pm.