Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leaks claims Euro Super League talks held by clubs

14 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

But who would be in the grounds to watch it?

its very hard to market a product that no one domestically takes an interest in. 

I don't think that's in the mind of FIFA to be honest. Assorted dignitaries and what not could be crammed in and tax deducted. 

There was a lot of talk about how clubs can turn a profit without the people being present recently. It's not a coincidence that this idea is floating. 

Is it the case that other countries don't have the same level of away fans due to the travelling?

I can still see there being a decent number of home fans that would go.

As for copying the NFL it's a shame the PL doesn't follow their level playing field philosophy their probably wouldn't be such a defined big 5 if they did.

Football financial expert on Talk Sport very early this morning reckoned that over the last 9 seasons everything taken into account,all top six clubs made a loss.Couple that with American owners and it’s easy to see why this subject has come up again.

He went on to say that the prem has already peaked and is starting to wane.I believe we will have a super league,not in 3 years but 10/15.

I predict an American style system with Europe wide conferences or zones with supper dupper play-off games.There will be 32/40 clubs involved picked by comericial potential and size of city etc etc.

Squads would be picked by a bidding system similar to crickets IPL which will be a week long extravaganza.

The FIFA generation and Far East are going to love it.$$$$$$$$$$$$

Champions league is a treat - but that's because of the few games that these so called big teams get up for it and play to their max. If this was week in week out it will take this element out of the games.

Fans would not bear the expense of travelling away every fortnight to all over Europe. I don't see this idea working. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, shailen said:

Champions league is a treat - but that's because of the few games that these so called big teams get up for it and play to their max. If this was week in week out it will take this element out of the games.

Fans would not bear the expense of travelling away every fortnight to all over Europe. I don't see this idea working. 

It’s definitely going to happen.The question is when and what format will be used.The Champions League isn’t fit for purpose for most of the big clubs taking part.The competition dosern’t really start until spring.Its also still possible for toe rag clubs like ourselves to spoil the party.

Now imagine Europe’s elite starting their own competition.Where they pick who competes.Negotiating their own tv deal.Making it so every game counts.It could be 10 fold what’s on offer now.Players wages would also go up 10 fold.Teams would have such strong squads that their reserve teams could still win their domestic leagues at a canter.

Its just natural progression.The likes of Barca and Bayern have no were else to go.This will happen.Worrying about a couple of thousand away fans will be no 645 on the agenda?

• Like 2

On 03/11/2018 at 11:55, Tuna said:

How can the average fan afford to fly out to Rome, Madrid or Munich every other week?

Ludicrous idea.

Exactly what I was thinking whilst reading every line in the OP lol 

51 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

They're not bothered about away fans. They want away fans to be paying ppv for the games. Like in the States, where fans don't travel away and watch it instead on the telly.

Aye and home fans will still flock to see their team even if they say they won't.

I'd like to know how they're going to fill the calendar. Will they have a cup knock out competition then there's this international club championship. I guess they'll find ways.

Will they try and get their reserves to continue in the top national leagues like the PL.

People might say no but plenty were against the PL but money talks and it went ahead and we've already witnessed the also rans in the PL voting to allow the top 6 a larger slice of the oversees tv revenue .

The issue for th prem league is American owners ..... the Asian and Arab owners have little interest in this .....their interest is generally about the glory rather than the money ..........

just as arsenal and Liverpool screwed up when they took US owners instead of Arab/central Asian ones, so the league in general will be so as Chelsea are forced to side with the money (abarmovic wont pump more funds in now) and only man city are left out of the top six who probably aren’t that bothered but won’t be left behind as they will want to win whatever the biggest club competition is out there 

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:59, davieG said:

Have they ever been concerned about that?

Could end up being cheaper to fly to one of these clubs than pay the current PL prices

1488597.jpg?r=5bda31ccd758f

Burnley have to raise those pound notes somehow.

An idea born out of pure greed. People will get tired of it quickly. When you've got teams that are fighting their way up through the football leagues towards the Premier league is to me what English football is all about, not least our own story.

A manufactured league of Europe's elite - it'd be like having the nicest pudding ever, but then realising before you've finished it how sickly and boring it's just become. There would be a novelty about it, but it'd wear off, and besides I'd say two thirds of the excitement in the Premier League is about relegation and staying afloat - it just sounds so plastic it's unreal. If those teams want to **** off let them and wait for the bubble to burst.

3 minutes ago, smr said:

An idea born out of pure greed. People will get tired of it quickly. When you've got teams that are fighting their way up through the football leagues towards the Premier league is to me what English football is all about, not least our own story.

A manufactured league of Europe's elite - it'd be like having the nicest pudding ever, but then realising before you've finished it how sickly and boring it's just become. There would be a novelty about it, but it'd wear off, and besides I'd say two thirds of the excitement in the Premier League is about relegation and staying afloat - it just sounds so plastic it's unreal. If those teams want to **** off let them and wait for the bubble to burst.

Try explaining that to a yank, they just don’t get the concept of relegation.

Edited by yorkie1999

5 minutes ago, smr said:

And then the following week its thats same pudding again... and again .. How ever much you like that pudding at some point you will be bored of it and look for something else. Perhaps something simpler & more random .. 

Edited by Suzie the Fox

1 hour ago, Heathrow fox said:

It’s definitely going to happen.The question is when and what format will be used.The Champions League isn’t fit for purpose for most of the big clubs taking part.The competition dosern’t really start until spring.Its also still possible for toe rag clubs like ourselves to spoil the party.

Now imagine Europe’s elite starting their own competition.Where they pick who competes.Negotiating their own tv deal.Making it so every game counts.It could be 10 fold what’s on offer now.Players wages would also go up 10 fold.Teams would have such strong squads that their reserve teams could still win their domestic leagues at a canter.

Its just natural progression.The likes of Barca and Bayern have no were else to go.This will happen.Worrying about a couple of thousand away fans will be no 645 on the agenda?

People have been claiming for years that natural progression would lead to us only have forty or so clubs.

Last time I looked .......

They've never cared about fans, Sky, that's why we all get fvcked constantly. I can remember in our title winning season having trains and hotel booked for London (Arsenal away) and they moved it with about 19 days to go.

It's also well noted tv broadcasting means more to owners than fans revenue. But they're greedy, that's why the prices don't come down; I'm glad away games are capped at £30 but it should be £20 now.

A European League would really fvck up what football means for/stands and where it's come from but part of my thinks sod them anyway and let the top flight open up. It's just sad what football has become.

What I don’t understand about these ideas that threaten the very excistence of domestic football is why are the league authorities for different countries not producing statements as to the effects  and consequences for any club that is thinking about forming a breakaway completion. The fa and pl should be making it clear that once you leave, that’s it, you have to start again at the bottom if it goes tits up and you will not be entitled to play in domestic cups because you are not in a domestic league.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They've never cared about fans, Sky, that's why we all get fvcked constantly. I can remember in our title winning season having trains and hotel booked for London (Arsenal away) and they moved it with about 19 days to go.

It's also well noted tv broadcasting means more to owners than fans revenue. But they're greedy, that's why the prices don't come down; I'm glad away games are capped at £30 but it should be £20 now.

A European League would really fvck up what football means for/stands and where it's come from but part of my thinks sod them anyway and let the top flight open up. It's just sad what football has become.

They never seem to own up to the fact that their product is not football, you can watch football down the park on Sunday, they’re product is fans, that is what they’re actually selling. Try turning the volume off for a football match on sky and it soon becomes boring.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

If prem clubs did drop their prices then say goodbye to professional football to at least 70% of everything below Championship level.Leyton Orient couldn’t justify charging £24 when you could watch WestHam for £20.

15 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

If prem clubs did drop their prices then say goodbye to professional football to at least 70% of everything below Championship level.Leyton Orient couldn’t justify charging £24 when you could watch WestHam for £20.

Good point tbh.

BUT we've got the likes of Wednesday and Leeds charging £30+. People who follow lower league clubs aren't just suddenly going to stop going to games.

11 hours ago, foxile5 said:

The Asian continent would almost certainly follow it. They're big into the successful teams and it's quite the lucrative market. 

Sorry to point out the obvious but 19 teams won't be successful. Also one or two teams will struggle year in year out. They will get no support. 

It really just about making money. 

The traditional fans of the club's involved need to be careful what they wish for. It will turn into a glorified champions cup playing games all round the planet just to maximise merchandise sales and subscriptions to online TV channels.