Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haywood_6

Mohamed Elneny

From what I have seen he is more creative than Mendy and Ndidi whilst still being capable defensively. I think he could be an upgrade on what we have in terms of creative defensive midfielder. Hard to judge him from his time at Arsenal. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm at a loss as to where he fits in here, we dont need any more defensive midfielders. We need a box to box midfielder which this chap isn't. 

I don't see Puel playing a box to box midfielder, if is he moving on Iborra, King, and Silva, all of which seems likely, we will be short in the middle.

He is also better on the ball, than what we have.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't see Puel playing a box to box midfielder, if is he moving on Iborra, King, and Silva, all of which seems likely, we will be short in the middle.

He is also better on the ball, than what we have.

In a 4-3-3 we need a box to box midfielder. 

11 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Still Think We should keep Iborra. He's good in defence. He can pass and is an ariel threat. He's got that experience as well. He's decent.

Does Iborra want to be here though, I genuinely don't think he has it in him now to be battling for a place 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

In a 4-3-3 we need a box to box midfielder. 

I'd would tend to agree with you, but I just can't see Puel buying one.

The other option is to improve the quality front 3.

Edited by coolhandfox

Initially i thought this would be a stupid move, another CDM, but as some others have pointed out, he is much better on the ball than N'Didi and Mendy, much better composure (although how often does the ball go forward... slight concern its another sideways passer).

If one of Mendy/N'Didi is dropped and not Hamza, I am all for it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

We need a striker not another mid

I disagree.

We have a striker that is out on loan as he is not needed. Unless someone is happy to sit on the bench behind Vardy like Iheanacho most of the time, then why buy another striker. We only play one up front and we have 3 strikers at the club.

We are extremely short on creative midfielders as it stands. Yes we have a lot of them but no one really is capable of winning games for us.

Edited by KrefelderFox666

15 minutes ago, Keiriel said:

I wouldn't be opposed to him joining. He's decent in possession, defensively solid, can pick a pass, and he reads the game quite well.

If all this were true, why is he not getting a game at the Arsenhole?  The thought of signing Arsenal squad fillers is both desperate and underwhelming.  Get Harvey Back. 

31 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If all this were true, why is he not getting a game at the Arsenhole?  The thought of signing Arsenal squad fillers is both desperate and underwhelming.  Get Harvey Back. 

Emery has his preferences. Xhaka, Guendouzi, Torreira, and Ramsey are ahead in the pecking order. It doesn't necessarily mean that he's a bad player, although he's not my first choice. Again, I'm not opposed, but it's not as though we can't do better.