Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haywood_6

Mohamed Elneny

If we're just after a 4th CM to get minimal minutes,  I don't see why Andy King can't do a job and have a few farewell games/sub apps (would have to be added back into the 25 of course). He's not as bad as many make out imo.

Otherwise, Matty James is just match fitness away from getting back in the 18 isn't he? If he can stay fit for a while (massive if) then he's got to be worth a go too. Any promising U23 centre mids? As others have said, there will likely be better options than Elneny in the summer window. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

He can't run properly though. Not for 90 minutes twice a week, week in week out. Maybe that was one of the reasons he was never a nailed on starter at Sevillle.

I do agree he has many useful attributes though, so it is a pity we couldn't find a way to blend him in.

Wasn't he Sevilla's captain?

1 hour ago, Poznan34 said:

If we're just after a 4th CM to get minimal minutes,  I don't see why Andy King can't do a job and have a few farewell games/sub apps (would have to be added back into the 25 of course). He's not as bad as many make out imo.

Otherwise, Matty James is just match fitness away from getting back in the 18 isn't he? If he can stay fit for a while (massive if) then he's got to be worth a go too. Any promising U23 centre mids? As others have said, there will likely be better options than Elneny in the summer window. 

Because both of them are a million miles away from what we need. Imagine a few injuries and king and James have to start a prem game.?

1 hour ago, RoyFox said:

Underated midfield passer, would increase ball security and allow the ball to move quicker in midfield. Would improve us IMO. 

https://statsbomb.com/2017/06/passing-percentages-are-mostly-useless-quantifying-passing-ability/

I've just taken a look and these analytic stuff these guys do is genuinely very interesting. They even did a pretty accurate season preview which seems to be coming true.

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

Because both of them are a million miles away from what we need. Imagine a few injuries and king and James have to start a prem game.?

Are they really though? I doubt they are significantly worse than Iborra. I'm not sure any of us know how good Matty James is nowadays anyway, considering how long he has been out. He was considered good enough to make the 25 in August, though. 

1 minute ago, Poznan34 said:

Are they really though? I doubt they are significantly worse than Iborra. I'm not sure any of us know how good Matty James is nowadays anyway, considering how long he has been out. He was considered good enough to make the 25 in August, though. 

James is just not reliable enough in terms of fitness. King is just too good for the squad let alone the team :ph34r:

45 minutes ago, blaaklint said:

I've just taken a look and these analytic stuff these guys do is genuinely very interesting. They even did a pretty accurate season preview which seems to be coming true.

Yeah I listened to a lot of their pre season stuff and they liked our transfers (and Wolves). The only team they were quite wrong on was Fulham

50 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Yes they are nowhere near as good as Iborra and I’m not particularly a fan of Iborra. James unfortunately is finished here. He’s too injury prone and wouldn’t be in the starting 11 if fully fit and on form anyway. King is a legend but agin not good enough for ur aspirations anymore.  If we want to kick on we need a couple of quality additions and not squad fillers.

2 hours ago, Claridge said:

When we were first promoted, Drinky and James were injured immediately and Cambiasso hadn’t signed.  King and Dean Hammond stepped up and didn’t let us down.  

1 hour ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

When we were first promoted, Drinky and James were injured immediately and Cambiasso hadn’t signed.  King and Dean Hammond stepped up and didn’t let us down.  

Weren't we bottom all season :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thegaffa said:

I think elneny is very underrated, he is a more complete midfielder than we currently have.

he reads the game very well, plays positively with the ball by playing forward rather than sideways.

he is a good passer and is tenancious, would be a considerable upgrade imho. 

Agree.  He also had a very good World Cup too 

3 hours ago, blaaklint said:

Ted who runs Statsbomb is very sharp, so much so PSG are using him atm.