Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

Can anybody explain to me why sections of our support are chanting about Salah being a paedo? Does this have racial/religious connotations or is it just meant to be funny? (it's not.) 

Additionally, regardless of your political allegiances, chanting about Thatcher, Corbyn or any other politician at the football is embarrassing. 

To be expected I guess but still all leaves a bit of a sour taste, not to mention the penalty! 

1 hour ago, btswift94 said:

Can anybody explain to me why sections of our support are chanting about Salah being a paedo? Does this have racial/religious connotations or is it just meant to be funny? (it's not.) 

Additionally, regardless of your political allegiances, chanting about Thatcher, Corbyn or any other politician at the football is embarrassing. 

To be expected I guess but still all leaves a bit of a sour taste, not to mention the penalty! 

Ey?! Did this actually happen? lol 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

I've just made a new instagram account where i'll be posting some of the best Leicester goal celebrations (limbs), i'd appreciate it if you gave it a follow 
https://www.instagram.com/leicester_limbs/?hl=en
@leicester_limbs

Excellent! Always thought players would benefit from a ice hockey scoring mentality when inside 10/15 yds.

Instead of being so fine about it just hammer it. Who cares if its an own goal.

Guest Eamonn
On 25/09/2019 at 13:37, Stadt said:

There's a starman

he plays in blue and white

his name is Youri Tielemans

and he's f ucking dynamite

Me and my boy were sining this yesterday (the PG version) but we were lone voices. Tielemans deserves a proper song of his own.

Edited by Eamonn
typo

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

WYS on 60 was great yesterday. 

I really like that you lot are trying to get it into play more. It's a great song, part of our history and unique to Leicester City.

But There's a serious problem with wys. It's so quick and naturally doesn't repeat itself with "the Leicester clap clap clap" ending. So by the time other parts of the ground or even the big open kop at king power know it's being sung it's pretty much over. This was the same back in the filbert street days SK1 would love it but I don't think I've ever heard it sung loudly by a large section of the ground. It can be great in an away end too like recently at Luton.

There's perhaps something you could do about it like add something at the start that alerts people that we are about to sing it like a long 'ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'  (a bit like Millwall's Miiiiiiiillllllllllllllllll) then burst into it. Or even incorporate vichai into the intro somehow. So everyone knows and is ready that the songs about to go off.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 4

Hello! Couldnt find the most suitable thread so ill post here. Im a Celtic fan and of late a Leicester fan too. Seems to be going well this season. Just wondering what you all think of BR. I had no issues with him leaving us when he did tbh. We were set up well in full flow. Might have been a positive as our signing strategy changed. We've got some amazing guys in this season. But do you think the run will last? I was raging at the Liverpool var decision. Should have been the first team to take points off them. (Though if we dont win the title i hope liverpool do ...)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Garyinberlin said:

Hello! Couldnt find the most suitable thread so ill post here. Im a Celtic fan and of late a Leicester fan too. Seems to be going well this season. Just wondering what you all think of BR. I had no issues with him leaving us when he did tbh. We were set up well in full flow. Might have been a positive as our signing strategy changed. We've got some amazing guys in this season. But do you think the run will last? I was raging at the Liverpool var decision. Should have been the first team to take points off them. (Though if we dont win the title i hope liverpool do ...)

Hi and welcome to FT, I wasnt a fan at the start and wasn't happy with the way he joined us if i am honest. I didnt really follow him so much with you guys but remember him from his time at Liverpool, to me he always seemed to spout a load of shite. However since he joined us i have warmed up to him alot, i still think he talks the talks but he is also following up with the results. He has come in and changed the way we play for the better and seems to have improved aLOT of our players. 

I'd very much like to see the run continue but as with everything in football you never know what is around the corners with injuries and players losing form. Fingers crossed it will continue for the most and we finish in the top 6 (maybe even a top 4, if i dream) 

Still angry about the Liverpool game tbh but it is what it is. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/10/2019 at 18:36, H.a.r.r.y said:

I've just made a new instagram account where i'll be posting some of the best Leicester goal celebrations (limbs), i'd appreciate it if you gave it a follow 
https://www.instagram.com/leicester_limbs/?hl=en
@leicester_limbs

Some of the best ones on TV were:

Joe Waters - QPR (away) FA Cup Qtr Final 1973-74

Tommy Wright - Notts County (away) ZDS cup Northern Area Semi Final 1991-92

Julian Joachim - Barnsley (away) FA Cup 3rd round replay 1992-93

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Some of the best ones on TV were:

Joe Waters - QPR (away) FA Cup Qtr Final 1973-74

Tommy Wright - Notts County (away) ZDS cup Northern Area Semi Final 1991-92

Julian Joachim - Barnsley (away) FA Cup 3rd round replay 1992-93

The Joe Waters goals at QPR weren't that great. We were so crushed in behind that goal that I couldn't even get my hands in the air. Hell of a surge though and so dangerous looking back.

On 23/10/2019 at 14:45, Spudulike said:

The Joe Waters goals at QPR weren't that great. We were so crushed in behind that goal that I couldn't even get my hands in the air. Hell of a surge though and so dangerous looking back.

Fair point.   When you can't even get your hands in the air, it's not so good for a good "limbs" scene.

I just remembered another one.  This is an absolute classic, ****in mental scenes in the away end.   Southend away, early 1991-92:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fhj-st0qOI

<edited to say:   Actually I reckon that Southend away support 1991-92 in the old Div 2, was probably the most hard core support I've ever been in.  There were 2500-3000 City there that day, and I reckon at least 90% were lads and blokes.   Absolutely no families, or women and children,   It was late August Bank Holiday I think, and literally everyone there was a nutter.>

<Extra edited to say:   I just remembered something else.   About 10 years ago Steve Walsh was at one of the supporters clubs clubs for an evening's chat.  I think it was at Oakham - the Railway pub.   Someone asked him about the most memorable goals he ever scored in his career.   He obviously quoted the obvious ones:  playoff final v Derby (1993-94), and his injury time goal v Arsenal in the 3-3 draw (1997-98).   But he also said that his winner at Southend (1991) was one of his favourites.   I always rated him as a dead good bloke anyway, but when he said that ... even better ... as that was one of our favourite goals, as we went absolutely mental right in front of him.   Top man>

Edited by worth_the_wait
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1