Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but ...

Has anyone else noticed how the amount of noise we make at away games, is almost always inversely proportional to how "glamorous" the place is?

Whenever I go some fancy ground like Arsenal or Liverpool, is usually fairly poor.   Sometimes terrible.

But the rubbish places like Sheff Utd and Palace, are usually pretty good.

I suppose it's because everyone who's cooked up a high priority saves their trips up for the big grounds, but it's so noticable.   And has been for quite a few years now,  

For example, back in the title year ... Stoke, Southampton, Watford and Sunderland were awesome.   But Arsenal was dire.    (although Tottenham was also pretty good as well, tbh)

I usually now try and pick the crappest grounds I can find!   :)

1 minute ago, worth_the_wait said:

Has anyone else noticed how the amount of noise we make at away games, is almost always inversely proportional to how "glamorous" the place is?

Whenever I go some fancy ground like Arsenal or Liverpool, is usually fairly poor.   Sometimes terrible.

I suppose it's because everyone who's cooked up a high priority saves their trips up for the big grounds, but it's so noticable.   And has been for quite a few years now,  

For example, back in the title year ... Stoke, Southampton, Watford and Sunderland were awesome.   But Arsenal was dire.    (although Tottenham was also pretty good as well, tbh)

Possibly to do with low slung terrace roofing amplifying it. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

If anything it's the opposite and is being discussed in the villa thread in relation to tickets being brought and sold.

All those on high priority probably have no interest in going to Old Trafford over and over to see us lose, but when sheff utd came around all those old faces wanted to go and it was a great day out with a decent atmosphere l, as has been pointed out, villa is the same, theres not been 1 ticket advertised on here. Because those with them want to go.

Look at the amount of people that sold for old Trafford tho. Meaning the end was full of people going for old Trafford and man utd not really Leicester.

Several of those games you mentioned from the title season, watford, stoke etc all trips that attract the hardcore of the supporter base. Let's be honest those that bandwagoned don't want to go to those shit holes. They want the glamour games.

I reckon Spurs will be the same this year, but once everyone has been once there will be plenty of tickets cropping up the next time it comes round.

Just my take on it, but when certain games come around you see faces that have been going for years.

On 25/09/2019 at 13:44, Stadt said:

Because you're constantly whinging and alluding to UFS I'm assuming that's who you mean. I'm part of the group and we were signing it yesterday as it caught on across the end. Yeah most of us would rather we had an original song but at the end of the day noise is noise and that's what we're there for.

Don’t assume things. Never once said anyone from UFS is Elite. However you want to interpritate it is your choice. 

Was quiet at times but the noise for the goals and the last 20 minutes was tremendous. The fans are enjoying home matches, and plenty of singing after the game on the walk away from the ground which doesn't often happen.

The place is buzzing again.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

He's a great lad. 

Does anyone know the words and tune to the song from SK1? 

I heard the Jimmy Maddison chant (a la Gary Lineker) a few weeks ago and quite honestly he deserves better 

Really started to pick up yesterday. 

Felt great to sing we're on our way again too.

• Like 2