Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

Interesting reading this. I was seated in the East Stand, midway between L1 and the singers in SK1. I was aware of the Toon fans, but could hear both our set better and throughout. 

I think this goes to show that it's really all about position and the quirks in the acoustics. It would just help if those in between in the East Stand would make some more noise. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

They only blame their owner for all their troubles both on and off the pitch. The players are totally innocent of playing poorly in their eyes.

Quite. It seems weird but it's almost like their players just go under the radar when they play shit becasue everyone just goes "well Ashley isn't investing" or whatever. Was it Ashley's fault their guy left Vards totally unmarked for our 4th? lol 

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Quite. It seems weird but it's almost like their players just go under the radar when they play shit becasue everyone just goes "well Ashley isn't investing" or whatever. Was it Ashley's fault their guy left Vards totally unmarked for our 4th? lol 

No, but it was definitely Ashley's fault that their player committed the worst foul that Sringer has ever witnessed.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Weirdo support. Clapping their players after that performance 

Yeah to be honest I'm not totally having it about them here. I rate them as a fanbase and think their showings here in the last two years were both absolutely top drawer. That yesterday though struck me as playing to the cameras. I'd respect it more if they'd sang all the way through the game but they literally only started at 4-0 down. Seemed a bit showy to me.

Thought we were meh.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Your argument falls at that point. 

TV manipulates what sound is shown to you at home. 

Yes, I was wondering about this during Sunday’s game. Do they now have a sound filter to shut off/ muffle chants with swearing in, or some sound engineer who has prepared for the game and knows the fans’ sweary songs! 

I noticed the “you’re shit arghh...” seemed to rapidly fade after a second it so.

12 minutes ago, old koppite said:

Yes, I was wondering about this during Sunday’s game. Do they now have a sound filter to shut off/ muffle chants with swearing in, or some sound engineer who has prepared for the game and knows the fans’ sweary songs! 

I noticed the “you’re shit arghh...” seemed to rapidly fade after a second it so.

Yeah they do, sound engineers can increase or decrease the volume of certain chants.

Like you mentioned the "you're shit..." chant gets faded and I'm sure they turned up the "booos" with Hayden sending off rather than the willy puller chants I could hear. 

If they can do stuff like that, there's no doubt they're able to manipulate who you hear more of on the tv. 

Guest Markyblue
51 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah to be honest I'm not totally having it about them here. I rate them as a fanbase and think their showings here in the last two years were both absolutely top drawer. That yesterday though struck me as playing to the cameras. I'd respect it more if they'd sang all the way through the game but they literally only started at 4-0 down. Seemed a bit showy to me.

Thought we were meh.

Absolutely couldn't agree more.  They done the look how loyal we are routine. 

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

They only blame their owner for all their troubles both on and off the pitch. The players are totally innocent of playing poorly in their eyes.

And they continually support the owner by paying for tickets. Their boycotts have half arsed and they continued rally against managers who don’t have any say in how the club is ran 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It’s why I find the praise for Lascelles post match a bit baffling. He comes out an apologising yet there was one occasion where he missed a tackle and then just walked back into position. Schar completely lost his head. Longstaff similar. 

On 25/09/2019 at 13:37, Stadt said:

There's a starman

he plays in blue and white

his name is Youri Tielemans

and he's f ucking dynamite

Love it. I'll have to edit it slightly gor my son. I've told him you take your toys and Smarties to Jamie Vardy's party...

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ashley that spent how much on joe from Linton?

We wasted some right cash after we won the league but he's hardly as tight as they make out.

4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Annfield having an amazing atmosphere is a pure myth. Have a sing song at the start, moan at every decision and that's it. 

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

I don't think any football fan thinks anfield has a good atmosphere anymore, no doubt all the tourists go home disappointed.

I was actually bare dispapointed, I was hoping for the Kop end to be loud and singing for the whole game. 

Yet we the YNWA song and the occasional burst of song for a minute or too, but they were fairly flat.

Actually think the KP has more atmisohere and singing.