Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

3 hours ago, smudger63 said:

If you search for Gob shite on google maps, you might not be surprised as to where it takes you.

I wasn`t surprised in the least. :scarf:

2 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

lol it’s hilarious, I never tire of showing my ‘said club’ supporting mate that. Or any other of the clubs fans I come across.

Have a guess where a Google maps search for empty seats takes you? 

4 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

lol brilliant. I didn’t know that one.

After I first found out about gobshite I spent a good 20 minutes typing insults into google maps. Sadly to no avail. lol 

Try 'Theatre of Shite' 😂

Screenshot_20191116-181545.png

Edited by FoxesDeb
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Try 'Theatre of Shite' 😂

lollol brilliant, this deserves a thread of its own. lol 

This has got me searching again, disappointed stadium of shite doesn’t produce any results but I have found a ‘stinky finger massage parlour’ just off the M62 near Liverpool. lol 

Edited by Vlad the Fox

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, K1FOX said:

Atrocious. Imagine being a player winning 7 in a row, second in the league and having fans who can’t even be bothered to clap and sing them off let alone sing and show some passion during the game. Imagine if the players just walked straight off after the game some on here would have a heart attack!

It’s clear players like Youri, Maddison want to interact and celebrate with the fans but unfortunately for them they play at a club where 90% of fans are happy to sit and fiddle with their clapper and then leave as soon as they can. Says a lot when your manager has to come out and urge fans to stay till the end.

Get behind the boys ffs! You don’t win anything without a 12th man

This 👌👌

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's so poor. We don't realise how good we've got it honestly.

Ikr if it’s this bad now we’re second and looking to challenge for an unlikely title again imagine what it’ll be like if god forbid we get relegated in the not too distant future, I’d guess 18000 people leaving at 70 minutes every game and our only source of noise being groaning at misplaced passes or team moves breaking down - so not too far from today I suppose 

Admittedly I only really get to go to London away games and a few home games a season because of where I live and it’s perhaps expected that there can often be a difference between the two in terms of liveliness etc. I also think some of the worst games I’ve attended (atmosphere wise) have come on Sundays and during the middle of the week (bar Champions league).

Having said that, the drop off sometimes between the support at an away game and the support at home this season genuinely shocks me. You expect fans to be more up for it when the team is doing well but this hasn’t always been reflected, particularly at home this season in my

view. Perhaps it is just a mixture of teams coming to park the bus and cold weather which isn’t helping but at times last night I could hear (on the stream) groups of what sounded like kids trying to get chants going but to no success. 

I’ve always shared the view that being able to stand at away games really helps the atmosphere and to an extent, helps you keep warm and lively during the winter months. I’m not sure what the club could do to improve the atmosphere at home games but I would like to see safe standing brought in nationwide at some point. The kop and the family stand should also be switched, and that could be the new safe standing stand, with the idea being that it basically constitutes a massive away-but-home end. Not sure what could be done until that’s allowed

Wasn't able to make the game last night, managed to catch it on Amazon and it was absolutely flat.

The comment about the majority of the fans just happy to sit and clap was absolutely spot on, it's almost as if some fans have an expectation to win the league and being second isn't good enough! This is some of the greatest football this club has ever produced and witnessed... and majority of fans can't even get involved with still a large quantity of fans having gone by final whistle!!

They cut to a picture at the full time showing the main stand and there were visibly large pockets of empty seats, and certainly not enough fans in the vicinity to account for each of them. Literally no point in expanding the stadium if half the support only come to watch 80 minutes, all that money spent on match day tickets to sell yourselves short of a match day experience?!

Looking around last night there appears to be a lot of middle aged to older and elderly fans than I've realised before.

I don't think that demographic tends to get involved in the singing and chanting as much as younger fans in their teens, twenties and thirties. There is the occasional use of the clap bangers but other than that they seem to be there to just watch their team play a game of football.

What I do notice are many are quick to moan and criticise when a player ****s up or play breaks down (Sometimes it feels they can't wait for it to happen so they can have a moan and slag the player down but are rarely heard to applaud great play) but they certainly don't/didn't get involved in songs or chants.

Edited by ElusiveEd
  • Like 1