Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Fulham (A) Pre-Match

Still think we'll lose and everyone will be desperate to rub our noses in it.

We have in fairness got a good record under Puel in these fixtures though. For all I think we blow the games at home to the strugglers too frequently, we are regularly putting them away on the road.

Unchanged team for me.

4 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Id Hope Not,it sends out the wrong message and I think we can all agree that the Maguire Morgan combo is tried and tested our worst pairing! 

We are the team that dropped clean sheet Drag though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We are the team that dropped clean sheet Drag though.

Well that’s what I’m saying we did alright at the turn of the year when Morgan and Maguire didn’t play together then as soon as they did again,horrific end to the season 

• Like 1

After watching the live stream,then now 3 times(I can't sleep at the moment)..on sky's highlights....

though Watford had possession and some good-looking breaks...

our defence the whole Bline and the midfield defensivily,played well and some decent football tooboot.

I want to see us bring Soyuncu,more into games,but Morgan is again having an excellent first half to the season(like last season)

plus the blocks that this legend keeps getting in,have been great stoppers.

The FBs,not just in this game but the last 3-4,have been steady ,and helping each CB.

Evans,is slowly improving his own season,and compensated Morgan's so called lack of pace.

It's noticeable neither CB,hold too an highline,and now when they go up,the FBs,like Simpson before them ,are getting an understanding of

their covering position needs.This will help in the future,when Maguire goes on one of his forays...and we need him to make them,now and then.

An attacking CB with Maguires skills,gives any team only plus points,but the rest of the Bline,and himself have to work an understanding that

become instinctive...So fans must also understand that takes time...Even with Morgan this is still a new Bline...

After the Silva struggles,and inconsistent but not poor Iborra,it's been marvellous how Mendy is looking the part,and seems to be taking his chance,

if he wasn't performing our midfield would be in dire straits, even with a top performing Maddison!I

We are slowly finding ourselves,I don't believe we will fall into a struggling bottom 6,but nor do I believe,we are strong or ready enough yet for a

Top 7-5 position.That doesn't mean our ambitions shouldn't be striving to achieve it,nor fans holding back on their hopes.

We held a very pacey Watford today,soon we will come up against an even more pacey team in C.Palace,and this week a potential resurgent Fulham.

I still believe,some present struggling teams,will come good,and the bottom 1/3 is still being hard fought for,with some good games being played!!

Neither do I believe that today,was some mark,for a turning point,there is still a long way to go in our development and rebuild..

This season through to the EOS,there will be no easy "gimmes" We are IMO still a striker,and a quality midfielder short..if not 2 of each??

Plus Ndidi,has to step up,and show more of that potential he was promising...

Now it's not mainly a Puel duty!!! but the first 15player,to show they can find performance consistencies...

Obviously hope for a win, but rather not a big scoreline win as Ranieri would get more criticism which he doesn't deserve considering his opponents on Wednesday.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No need to worry then .....

It could well be.

Their defence is obviously struggling, even with Alfie Mawson present, and Gray, Maddison and Vardy should be quite high on confidence after their good displays yesterday.

Plus, after yesterday's performance, Puel now knows counter-attack and high-pressure gets the best out of this team and he'll won't want to risk it and change this approach as the club is on a good run of form at the moment.

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We have in fairness got a good record under Puel in these fixtures though. For all I think we blow the games at home to the strugglers too frequently, we are regularly putting them away on the road.

Unchanged team for me.

It’s the Leicester way. Lump on Fulham. 

I wouldn’t be bothered if it’s an unchanged team, but can see Soyuncu coming in for Evans. 

8 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Well that’s what I’m saying we did alright at the turn of the year when Morgan and Maguire didn’t play together then as soon as they did again,horrific end to the season 

So what now, 4 clean sheets out of the last 5, not 100% sure, but Maguire, I believe didn’t feature in 4 of them. Does he come back in against Fulham if fit, or not?

4 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

So what now, 4 clean sheets out of the last 5, not 100% sure, but Maguire, I believe didn’t feature in 4 of them. Does he come back in against Fulham if fit, or not?

He comes back, it's imperative that we get him in the Shop Window before January.....

3 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Maguire won't be fit for another 1-2 weeks.

I reckon let's see how the current pairing works against a decent team in Spurs, as we also had an easier run of fixtures recently. If they continue to do well I'll be annoyed if Maguire comes back in, selections should be based purely on merit.

7 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Absolutely not,why should he? Morgan has actually been ok this season (red cards aside),I’d like to see the results when them two have played together though? For the long term you would want Maguire with Soyuncu,but can’t really change now when defence has improved massively. 

Edited by elvisfmcfly

37 minutes ago, brucey said:

If they continue to do well I'll be annoyed if Maguire comes back in, selections should be based purely on merit.

The thing is this happened last season when Dragovic was on loan and Amartey in the team. We looked really solid but Puel changed it up. 

But the nice thing this season is we’ve got lots of good players. Morgan’s level is good, Evans is hitting his stride, Soyuncu looks like he could step in no problem and Maguire is still a good player. So in that sense I’m quite content with whoever we play.

I do think though that Evans / Morgan has that Huth / Morgan feel to it in that it’s hard work for teams to break us down. Our record when we take the lead first is very good so being able to lock the door at the back is huge. We do miss Maguire playing it out but Evans is decent on the ball and I love me some clean sheets!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Don't see the argument for leaving Evans out. It's no coincidence that we have looked more sound defensively and Morgan has looked a  far better player with his guidance. Much of this goes down to Evans organisational skills in my opinion. 

I think you've called this 100% no coincidence our turn in form in 2015. Huth being the man now Evans and Morgan looks solid again. 

One of the reasons I don't rate Morgan as captain. Its great Wes leads by example. He would throw himself in front of a train for us. 

But he has no idea how to organise on the pitch. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Looked like Vardy pulled up after one run and was limping. If he's injured, come in Nachoman, might be good for him against a defence like Fulham's - fill his boots and get a bit of confidence back. 

Otherwise, pretty much the same team

I would expect a little bit of squad rotation, and think that Vardy twinged his groin ealy in the second half. He pulled up and rubbed it wincing and was notably slower afterwards. 

I would bring Iborra in for Mendy, and Nacho in for Vardy, possibly Soyuncu in for one CB. 

We have a lot of games and will need the squad to all play their parts this rather busy December. 

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Unchanged team for me.

First unchanged team selection this season? Is that right if so then I hope we see some consistency in the performance .. hopefully he goes with it.

Will be a tough game if we can keep a.clean sheet then we should come away with 3 points as I think we will score 1 or 2

9 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

59 minutes ago, brucey said:

Maguire won't be fit for another 1-2 weeks.

I reckon let's see how the current pairing works against a decent team in Spurs, as we also had an easier run of fixtures recently. If they continue to do well I'll be annoyed if Maguire comes back in, selections should be based purely on merit.

I'm just annoyed Morgan walked into the team again last year for reasons I'm still unsure of and fear a similar thing may happen again but this time with Maguire. 

However, does Puel want to build a backline with a 30 year old or does he want to build a backline with a young international who's happy taking the ball upfield and can score?

I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the backline again when fit.

48 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Don't see the argument for leaving Evans out. It's no coincidence that we have looked more sound defensively and Morgan has looked a  far better player with his guidance. Much of this goes down to Evans organisational skills in my opinion. 

Said the same last night reminds me a little, of how huth helped morgan.

• Like 2