Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want January 2019

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

LCFC fitness crew are already getting him ready for action:

Amateurs.

Vicks wouldn’t be even in business if Otravine had a better marketing campaign.

Get that snivelling, pathetic little shit Malcolm out of the hallway and on to some real meds.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The only reason we got both CB's was the Maguire situation. There was obviously a lot to it because even Benkovic said as soon as Maguire didn't leave, he knew he'd be going out on loan. We probably had to find money we didn't want to spend as a precaution for a last minute cock up... lets not forget the Drinkwater mess probably made is think twice about waiting until the last minute1The Ward fee was a lot, but with Keeper market went mental and we needed a decent backup.

Anyway, who knows. It's all guess work. I actually have faith in the club and manager knowing the players we need, they've proved that to me with our last lot of signings. Things don't always work out as you want them though.

I read somewhere we were surprised Benkovic was available for only £13m and had to act quickly, I think it was the right decision. In the summer i'd try and delicately move Maguire on for anything over £40-50m and use that for a striker and another option out wide that's an upgrade on Gezzal, Albrighton and Gray. Barnes we have established is the next Eden Hazard.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Starting to wonder if signing no one is the way to go in this window. 

I know that is not what people want to hear! Who doesn't love the transfer window and excitement of being linked and finally seeing a deal go through after (100+ pages!)

However, I just think with being out of both cups, and so having only 17 games left and a team that is performing well albeit inconsistently, might not actually need changes right now. 

Could we use this comfortable position in the league and remaining low fixture congestion, to fine tune what we have in terms of player development and systems, as well as make some final decisions on players like Iheanacho, Gray, Silva etc... by giving them enough game time to finally say enough is enough or worth persisting with. 

If we sign players now, perhaps some of those decisions will never full be answered and in regards to someone like Silva, we may be left wondering with a little more patience and game time, what may have been. 

We then get to the Summer, with decisions on these types of players firmly made, as well as decisions on extensions for Morgan, Simpson etc. 

We also will likely have a bigger budget for the Summer window, with a much better idea on what exactly we need and who are first out the door. 

Certainly won't be a positive thought, but may serve us well in the long-term!  

This is my Thinking also. Would also be tempted to say you get more for your money in the Summer.

Huge summer window ahead of us for many different reasons 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I know that is not what people want to hear! Who doesn't love the transfer window and excitement of being linked and finally seeing a deal go through (after 100+ pages!)

However, I just think with being out of both cups, and so having only 17 games left and a team that is performing well albeit inconsistently, might not actually need changes right now. 

Could we use this comfortable position in the league and remaining low fixture congestion, to fine tune what we have in terms of player development and systems, as well as make some final decisions on players like Iheanacho, Gray, Silva etc... by giving them enough game time to finally say enough is enough or worth persisting with. 

If we sign players now, perhaps some of those decisions will never fully be answered and in regards to someone like Silva, we may be left wondering with a little more patience and game time, what may have been. 

We then get to the Summer, with decisions on these types of players firmly made, as well as decisions on extensions for Morgan, Simpson etc. 

We also will likely have a bigger budget for the Summer window, with a much better idea on what exactly we need and who are first out the door. 

Appreciate what you're saying, and yes it would answer OUR questions. But does the manager need them answering when he sees them day in day out? Not every player gets first teams chances to prove themselves good enough. Them getting chances is often based on the manager being impressed enough to want to play them in the first place.

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

I know that is not what people want to hear! Who doesn't love the transfer window and excitement of being linked and finally seeing a deal go through (after 100+ pages!)

If we sign players now, perhaps some of those decisions will never fully be answered and in regards to someone like Silva, we may be left wondering with a little more patience and game time, what may have been. 

I didn't know it, but I've been instinctively thinking this for a while. Does it really matter if we finish 7th or 10th this season, after all? Considering we're still in transition, the priority should be completing the synthesis of an excellent 25 man squad all signed with a single manager in mind, and that can only be helped by taking the end of the season as a time to make some final decisions regarding our current hodge-podge of players. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I didn't know it, but I've been instinctively thinking this for a while. Does it really matter if we finish 7th or 10th this season, after all? Considering we're still in transition, the priority should be completing the synthesis of an excellent 25 man squad all signed with a single manager in mind, and that can only be helped by taking the end of the season as a time to make some final decisions regarding our current hodge-podge of players. 

Totally agree. I have still allowed myself to get caught up in the exciting transfer window hype though and of course I would like us to go out there, splash the cash and sign some exciting players in this window, but I still think we have some unanswered questions regarding this squad, system and especially some individual players and even Puel himself.

You also have to look at some of the mistakes we made in the past with buying players and so I do think a new conservative approach is required now, where we give current players every chance to impress, whilst also having a clear plan for recruitment and doing thorough scouting that hopefully reduces the mistakes we made recently. 

A lot now depends on if we see anymore outgoings, but I certainly see a lot of pros to having a quiet window with our focus being on bigger changes in the summer. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Totally agree. I have still allowed myself to get caught up in the exciting transfer window hype though and of course I would like us to go out there, splash the cash and sign some exciting players in this window, but I still think we have some unanswered questions regarding this squad, system and especially some individual players and even Puel himself.

You also have to look at some of the mistakes we made in the past with buying players and so I do think a new conservative approach is required now, where we give current players every chance to impress, whilst also having a clear plan for recruitment and doing thorough scouting that hopefully reduces the mistakes we made recently. 

A lot now depends on if we see anymore outgoings, but I certainly see a lot of pros to having a quiet window with our focus being on bigger changes in the summer. 

Very true. Of course I'd love us to go spend 25 million euros on Brais Mendez's release clause right now, but if Puel wants to still give Albrighton time to adapt better to being an inside forward, for example, it makes sense to wait for the summer.

Possibly the two most important reasons to have an inactive transfer window, however, would be the actual personnel available and the price they would be available for. For example, Huddersfield have one very good central midfielder in Aaron Mooy and another excellent prospect in Phillip Billing, but signing either for less than 40 million in this window would be impossible. If one was a transfer target we identified to be better than the other options we would target, it makes sense to wait until the summer to save tens of millions of pounds on them. I think we will see very few transfers in under Puel and even after Puel as the management have realised that it is not an effective way of doing your business.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Fúck that.

Get Rondon, Balotelli, Drinkwater and Townsend.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

I actually think Puel is being quite brave by not signing anyone and sticking to his principles. It would be very easy to splash the cash to buy off a few of his doubters.

...or the rumours of players/staff unrest are true and Top is not prepared to back him fully this window. 

I think every manager will want to add to there squad every window I know we haven’t heard anything but no point telling the world who we want if we are interested in any one as it will put the price up more. Maybe we have to move some on maybe they just don’t want to back him his window. Plenty of time in the window left to make a few signings if that’s the plan 

16 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

I actually think Puel is being quite brave by not signing anyone and sticking to his principles. It would be very easy to splash the cash to buy off a few of his doubters.

He also did this last January and nearly got sacked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Md9 said:

I think every manager will want to add to there squad every window I know we haven’t heard anything but no point telling the world who we want if we are interested in any one as it will put the price up more. Maybe we have to move some on maybe they just don’t want to back him his window. Plenty of time in the window left to make a few signings if that’s the plan 

I think it is abundantly clear that we need a striker and a creative midfielder, so if neither come in, I think it suggests either Top won't back him this window or is unable to budget wise. 

I don't think it's a disaster though, as like I said previously. It gives players like Gray, Iheanacho and a handful others the continued opportunity to play enough minutes so management can decide once and for all on them. i.e get rid or keep in the summer! 

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Completely agree. I’ve said numerous times elsewhere that the squad needs upgrading overall and this will take more than a couple of windows to get right. Now that we are concentrating on the league it might not be the right time to bring in some major signings or make big changes to the squad.

Last summer focussed mainly on the defence - Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Benkovic, Ward & retaining Maguire. That has paid off dividends and despite a few poor performances and defeats, we currently have the FIFTH best defence in the league. 

However, we currently only have the 11th best attack with just 25 goals. West Ham,   Watford, Everton and Bournemouth have scored 4-6 goals more than us, with Brighton and Wolves not far behind. For that reason alone I now believe we should probably bring Barnes back or find some other way of improving our attack. 

We still have a major problem of breaking down stubborn teams so our next areas to focus on in the summer are upgrading will certainly be attack and probably a central midfielder to better compliment Ndidi. 

Exactly this. Great post!

Come the summer wether it’s Malcolm or a player of that ilk! Leicester are at the stage now to make one marque signing. Brahimi on a free! Che Adams is the best option for Leicester up front and Benkovic should come straight in. Barnes to if he isn’t already back come end of the month 

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Completely agree. I’ve said numerous times elsewhere that the squad needs upgrading overall and this will take more than a couple of windows to get right. Now that we are concentrating on the league it might not be the right time to bring in some major signings or make big changes to the squad.

Last summer focussed mainly on the defence - Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Benkovic, Ward & retaining Maguire. That has paid off dividends and despite a few poor performances and defeats, we currently have the FIFTH best defence in the league. 

However, we currently only have the 11th best attack with just 25 goals. West Ham,   Watford, Everton and Bournemouth have scored 4-6 goals more than us, with Brighton and Wolves not far behind. For that reason alone I now believe we should probably bring Barnes back or find some other way of improving our attack. 

We still have a major problem of breaking down stubborn teams so our next areas to focus on in the summer are upgrading will certainly be attack and probably a central midfielder to better compliment Ndidi. 

just for the banter..no negative thoughts...

It's beyond said,that we need a striker,maybe 2. I actually believe being 9-7th,Puel s team have done fantastically well,with our "played" strikers

not converting our real chances we have created..

I am really split..on Barnes 

#why not let him complete his loan,he could build on his experience,learn more of EOS needs,WBAs EOS run in,a great chance for him!!

Let us be patient,wait for the summer to build that Maddison-Barnes-Vardy partnership...or

# Do bring him back,gives us time to see which formations we could integrate him into,without too much swapping and changing..

If he comes back now,some will put to much pressure on him with too high expectations,so why not let him settle in on an easier basis.

Wash WBA out of his hair,use the Summer hopefully with new signings,,to build up his preparation for PL-1st-team football..

That CM, is also going to be an important target,I believe it we find a decent one with experience,it would help obviously the team,but

individuals like Ndidi,Chilwell,Maddison ,Barnes and Gray!! A top CM would allow especially Maddison and Ndidi space and time to grow!!

Like always..it will depend on FFP variables,who we can get to depart,transfer move ons,or cancelling contracts..then..

what budget Puel/ recruitment team will have,who we can get,who wants to come..!!!

Who is immediate 1st team material and can hit the ground running!!!

Another twist in my thoughts,and not without sadness...If these next 3 transfer windows into 2020 even earlier if we see my 2 Mr Leicesters,

Get pushed out by better quality,or even better tactical reasons then so be it!!  I am speaking of Vardy and Albrighton,I would love

these 2 still be part of an even better Leicester-growth,for  2-3 seasons!!  and both go out on an high!!

But the evolving and development  of the team and club 

is for me  paramount...Even if we start next season without one name from that fantastic season!!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Krzysztof Piatek

Maxi Gomez
Luka Jovic

Seb Haller

Alessane Plea

All strikers that are young enough, have the physicality to play upfront on their own in a 4231 or 433 and have proven that they've got goals in them.

• Like 1