Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want January 2019

My feeling is that we as a club are in an awkward place regarding transfers given our ambitions.

We have a number of players who, in my humble opinion, are no longer good enough for us and need to be moved on.

The likes of James, King, Diabate, Benalouane, and Shinzi I would probably put in that bracket.

Then there are a group who I have hoped would develop into very strong players for us but have failed to do that. In this group I would place Silva, Iheanacho, Gray, and possibly Ghezzal although he has probably not had enough time as yet.

The problem for us is twofold in that it's very difficult to move these players on given the large contracts they have here. but that policy or approach of paying large wages is necessary in order to attract players of anything near the calibre we require.

And this is actually the core of it for me, I don't think that we can attract the quality of player we really need to make significant improvements to the 1st eleven. We cannot compete with the top 6 for players and there are several other teams, below us at this moment in the league, who are ahead of us though when it comes to attracting talent and this is blocking our progress I feel.

Our way forward therefore would appear to be by nurturing younger players and bringing them on, but this obviously is a long term strategy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Has Batshuayi played for Chelsea this season? Seen that he’s returning from his loan at Valencia and he’d be perfect on loan here 

I see the problem of any potential loan signing that will they get game time? Vardy will undoubtedly start the majority of matches, with Maddison as the number 10. Clubs loaning players generally want them to play and players coming from a bigger club like Chelsea will expect to play. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, WestLothianFox said:

How about Juan Mata, out of contract at the end of the season, would bring some experience to the team and knows the premiere league 

Would love him here said it for 18months now bid 25M I’d bet they’d let him go. About time we got someone like him, Everton have spent 85M on Richarlason and Sigurdsson plus Pickford, Keane and Tosun about time we got some top quality in upfront or in the middle.

17 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Would love him here said it for 18months now bid 25M I’d bet they’d let him go. About time we got someone like him, Everton have spent 85M on Richarlason and Sigurdsson plus Pickford, Keane and Tosun about time we got some top quality in upfront or in the middle.

He’s out of contract at United in the summer

If we're still looking to replace mahrez, Ziyech is the nearest thing  I've seen. You tube videos are amazing. Apparently Liverpool are sniffing round now though, figure of 30m being mentioned. We were loosely linked a couple of years ago. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CyprusFox said:

If we're still looking to replace mahrez, Ziyech is the nearest thing  I've seen. You tube videos are amazing. Apparently Liverpool are sniffing round now though, figure of 30m being mentioned. We were loosely linked a couple of years ago. 

Are you actually in Cyprus now? I might need you over in the Olives thread. Errrr… is it the Olives thread? Its actually called something about WASTE PARTNER, but we'll get it renamed 'OLIVES' soon.

• Haha 1

If we were going to sign a Chelsea reject, then Batshuayi would make more sense than Drinkwater, based on the areas of weakness in our current squad.  Given Sarri's disinterest and his lack of success at Valencia, it doesn't seem ludicrously ambitious.

2 hours ago, Toddybad said:

Maybe more the summer but Wylan Cyprien of Nice for midfield. 

Then two quick footed wingers/attacking midfielders and a young back up striker. 

Nicolas Pepe would be a dream. If no bigger clubs jump on him. 

Why have you set up a new account?

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Why have you set up a new account?

Last year was a difficult year personally.

I got banned and, in a fit of pique, asked Mark to delete my account. He did.

I'm out the other side personally and so it's time to rejoin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Toddybad said:

Last year was a difficult year personally.

I got banned and, in a fit of pique, asked Mark to delete my account. He did.

I'm out the other side personally and so it's time to rejoin.

Welcome back mate, you've been missed.

Looking forward to reading your comments in the new politics thread called "What's in the news" :)

• Like 1