Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WarehamFox

Stadium Expansion

2 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Do costs such as stadium expansion and new training facilities count as FFP the same way transfers and wages do?

No. 

It appears the club want readily available cash (to pay for the stadium etc) - rather than awaiting payments every so many months. 

It may wake up some Leicester fans that King Power don’t have sackfuls of money awaiting. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

No. 

It appears the club want readily available cash (to pay for the stadium etc) - rather than awaiting payments every so many months. 

It may wake up some Leicester fans that King Power don’t have sackfuls of money awaiting. 

But we have rich owners we should be top 5!!!!!! Blah blah blah.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Babylon said:

Exactly. But it’s something a lot of football fans get fooled into thinking when they read ‘millionaire worth £900 million takes over club’ - that £900 million will consist of their companies fortune, their assets and their property. It’s not £900 million sitting in a bank account to be spent 

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

No. 

The club has to be run as a viable concern,  to think the kp group will cart blanch pay for everything is fantasy thinking. They have done wonders for us but standing on our own as a good run club is vital. We are in great hands and moving upwards, the future is bright indeed. 

43 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yep... as I said in th Puel thread. Kind of makes arguing about whether we are 7th or 11th redundant. The club want safety at all costs and won't be overly fussed about much else.

Maybe a bit of openness about the financial situation would hold back some of the expectation.

I guess getting into Europe would boost the income though and would pay for any recruitment.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Maybe a bit of openness about the financial situation would hold back some of the expectation.

I guess getting into Europe would boost the income though and would pay for any recruitment.

I suspect selling the youngsters we bring through from the academy will be the business plan for recruitment for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

At the same run, would openness about funding our stadium mean selling teams up prices so we can't afford players?

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

At the same run, would openness about funding our stadium mean selling teams up prices so we can't afford players?

I guess it depends on the openness level.

Of course it could have the opposite effect and let clubs know we're not in a position to pay over the odds, there's two sides to most transfer how much a team wants a player and how desperate are the team to sell to get money or reconfigure their team.

We seem to have been taken to the cleaners with our recent purchases because the sellers believe we have a shed load of money waiting to be spent. So that hasn't really helped.

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Of course it could have the opposite effect and let clubs know we're not in a position to pay over the odds, there's two sides to most transfer how much a team wants a player and how desperate are the team to sell to get money or reconfigure their team.

We seem to have been taken to the cleaners with our recent purchases because the sellers believe we have a shed load of money waiting to be spent. So that hasn't really helped.

Didn't think of it from side, "we'll pay this, any more and we'll walk". Stops us being taken for idiots shedding out big money for little reward. 

2 hours ago, dayday said:

It might be rubbish, as it was in the paper this morning.

Leicester have taken out a new pay day loan to kick start the next phase of the clubs development.

The foxes have done some financial house keeping since owner Vichai died.

And now the club is pressing ahead with plans drawn up while he was alive to build a £100 million training ground and boost stadium capacity.

They have put up the Tv money they are due to receive between May and August this year as security. The loan is the second deal Leicester have made with Aussie bank Macquarie Group

Can anybody clarify what all this means?

Kingpowers finances will currently be subject to a lot of scrutiny and due dilligence I suspect it will take a year to sort and this is a credit line to allow the club to move forward 

now we are seeing just how much Khun Vichai was pumping into us and Khun Top is committed to keeping that going 

but in the long term I suspect our purse strings will be tightened and that’s fine

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People don't seem to realise having rich owners doesn't make us a rich club, and they don't intend to spend it all on us. 

Need to be filed away with the belief that one league win means we are a massively attractive to players.

I don't miss the hard days in the Championship/Div 2 but I don't miss have fans with realistic expectants.

THIS !!!!!

36 minutes ago, davieG said:

:appl: I suspect a lot of truth in this take on our Transfer dealings.

I guess people would have to readjust their expectations in the next 2 seasons or so in terms of who we bring in and where we finish. It makes all the arguments about being 7th or 10th irrelevant. 

The purse will be tightened and the club just care about staying in the league during this stadium expansion process.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Agree. At least LCFC have an understanding owner that good things will come if things behind the scenes are organised and prepared properly, instead of expecting instant success.

The game is increasing in terms of how many foreign club owners there are that seem to demand too much at times.

article-0-188B372D00000578-666_634x405.j

0001651.+Olympiacos+Owner+Vaggelis+Marin

• Like 3