Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Time for Puel to go

4 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

He's gone in my mind.

Get to the quarter final of a major cup and play a weakened team for the second year running is unforgiveable.

Not just me …. the media are all over this.

It's now just a question of when he is going.

I can’t see it being this season to be honest 

Key element for me is poor tactical decisions - 3 wingers on the field, is ghazal better than albrighton, resting Vardy when we are in a quarter final, Wes always comes back in after injury or suspension as soon as he can but Harry is left on the bench etc etc etc - he has to go unless we want to continue playing boring football and float at the top of the bottom half of the premier league - that’s not for me I want to see us top half pushing for 6th place or better.

On 19/12/2018 at 18:38, knitro said:

Imagine if the money tied up in Slimani, Silva, Kaputska, Benaloaune (and potentially even Nacho) instead was towards actual first teamers.

Imagine if Matty James, King, Simpson etc were not extended under Shakespeare and more easy to ship out?

There's a real sins of the father thing with this club which is hamstringing Puel's choices and options and to me a lot of the uneven results we experience has to do with this far more than anything Puel is or is not doing. Thus far his recruitment has been far superior - we don't get Ricardo with a different manager. Getting rid of him just perpetuates this cycle of mediocrity. If we're having the same conversation this time next year, I may revise my opinion. 

I think I often forget about this. I think it's a very good point.

When you really think about it, a lot of the recruitment since NP left has been nothing short of criminal. The club has spunked so much money up the wall on an absolute pile of rancid shite. Its ludicrous. Add to that all the extended and bigger contracts for players who are no longer any use to us, and it's thoroughly depressing to think about what all that cash could have got us instead. If only we could have the £30m wasted on Slimani, £20m odd (?) on Silva, £15m on Musa, etc. back, we could have got one or two players who would make all the difference, or invested it in a few young players with huge potential. It's sickening, really.

This really should be considered more when judging Puel. I don't think I've seen anyone else mention it, really. I'm not his biggest fan. I don't think he's all that bad, either, but he's certainly not doing as bad as a lot of people think when you factor in the huge amount of resources that have been taken from him.

• Like 1

On 19/12/2018 at 19:30, RODNEY FERNIO said:

He's gone in my mind.

Get to the quarter final of a major cup and play a weakened team for the second year running is unforgiveable.

Not just me …. the media are all over this.

It's now just a question of when he is going.

The media just read foxestalk!!!

On 19/12/2018 at 17:48, volpeazzurro said:

It's hardly Puels fault he's been left with a bunch of ill bought,  mismatched bunch of mediocre dunderheads that have got to be sold. The above names are decent additions ,  young and promising individuals. Let the hatchet continue to chop a bit more deadwood out and see how we replace them. Puel can't polish a turd, he's just trying to buy time by sprinkling a bit of glitter on it.

On 19/12/2018 at 19:38, knitro said:

Imagine if the money tied up in Slimani, Silva, Kaputska, Benaloaune (and potentially even Nacho) instead was towards actual first teamers.

Imagine if Matty James, King, Simpson etc were not extended under Shakespeare and more easy to ship out?

There's a real sins of the father thing with this club which is hamstringing Puel's choices and options and to me a lot of the uneven results we experience has to do with this far more than anything Puel is or is not doing. Thus far his recruitment has been far superior - we don't get Ricardo with a different manager. Getting rid of him just perpetuates this cycle of mediocrity. If we're having the same conversation this time next year, I may revise my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think I often forget about this. I think it's a very good point.

When you really think about it, a lot of the recruitment since NP left has been nothing short of criminal. The club has spunked so much money up the wall on an absolute pile of rancid shite. Its ludicrous. Add to that all the extended and bigger contracts for players who are no longer any use to us, and it's thoroughly depressing to think about what all that cash could have got us instead. If only we could have the £30m wasted on Slimani, £20m odd (?) on Silva, £15m on Musa, etc. back, we could have got one or two players who would make all the difference, or invested it in a few young players with huge potential. It's sickening, really.

This really should be considered more when judging Puel. I don't think I've seen anyone else mention it, really. I'm not his biggest fan. I don't think he's all that bad, either, but he's certainly not doing as bad as a lot of people think when you factor in the huge amount of resources that have been taken from him.

These excellent posts sum up our real problem...

Plus,it's nonsense when some fans believe their own statements that Puel,shouldn't pick this or that player,or not try various players in different  positions.

• Thanks 1

On 19/12/2018 at 07:42, m4DD0gg said:

How any one can still be on the puel bus amazes me.

19/12/2017 Leicester vs Man City League Cup Quater Final - Loose on penalties after putting out a weakened team.

Fast forward 12 months almost to the day, 2 pathetic transfer windows.

18/12/2018 Leicester vs Man City League Cup Quater Final - Loose on penalties after putting out a weakened team.

12 months is a long time, exactly what progress have we made under this fraud.

Transfer windows were hardly pathetic mate, summer was one of the best windows we’ve had in years.

Edited by Foxboy

I happen to think it's a matter of time. One thing I'll say is that he's conducted himself brilliantly through what has been an incredibly difficult period for the club. He's also brought the average age of the squad down and the club does have potential. He certainly has my respect, even if things haven't worked out as well as I'd hoped. 

15 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

Transfer windows were hardly pathetic mate, summer wasn’t one of the best windows we’ve had in years.

Do you mean summer was one of the best windows in years? I agree if you did mean that.

We strengthened the 3 weakest positions with good players. 2 of them young, and the other was an absolute steal. Finally got good competition for Kasper. Plus, we even got our money back for Musa! Never would have imagined that could happen.

• Like 1

If Puel resigned today, would he leave the club in a better place than he found it in?

League position - Yes

League squad   - Overall, yes. There's the obvious exception in Mahrez, but there was nothing he could do about that.

Age of squad     - Yes, integrated younger players into the squad without struggling in the bottom 5 whilst doing so.

Special mention - Dealing with the extra attention and pressure on the club during the events earlier in the year.

His football isn't the most exciting, fairplay. Is it any worse than Bad Claudio or Bad Shakespeare football? Doubtful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

If Puel resigned today, would he leave the club in a better place than he found it in?

League position - Yes

League squad   - Overall, yes. There's the obvious exception in Mahrez, but there was nothing he could do about that.

Age of squad     - Yes, integrated younger players into the squad without struggling in the bottom 5 whilst doing so.

Special mention - Dealing with the extra attention and pressure on the club during the events earlier in the year.

His football isn't the most exciting, fairplay. Is it any worse than Bad Claudio or Bad Shakespeare football? Doubtful.

Bad claudio and bad shakey got sacked.  If hes the same as them then he will go the same way.  You are right about the good stuff.... but life is never black and white.

his football is not what I want. ... his lack of influence on games is not what i want.  His team selection is baffling.... so even with all the good points i would like to see him replaced. Asap.  He is employed to manage the football. .... and thats his poorest suit. Sorry.. 

But wishing it were different wont make it different 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Do you mean summer was one of the best windows in years? I agree if you did mean that.

We strengthened the 3 weakest positions with good players. 2 of them young, and the other was an absolute steal. Finally got good competition for Kasper. Plus, we even got our money back for Musa! Never would have imagined that could happen.

Yeah sorry must have autocorrected, clearly apple doesn’t agree with me ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Bad claudio and bad shakey got sacked.  If hes the same as them then he will go the same way.  You are right about the good stuff.... but life is never black and white.

his football is not what I want. ... his lack of influence on games is not what i want.  His team selection is baffling.... so even with all the good points i would like to see him replaced. Asap.  He is employed to manage the football. .... and thats his poorest suit. Sorry.. 

Why is everyone so baffled by his team selection? You do realise that he has a 25 man squad and needs to keep all of those players happy otherwise he will lose them. 

Everyone assumes that had he played albrighton and Maddison from the start we would have beat city. Do you not think that peps plans would have changed had Maddison and albrighton started?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

My point was that he isn't as bad as bad Claudio or bad Shakey (in my opinion of course).

I actually agree that some of the team selections have seemed odd, though people on here scream blue murder when injured players don't get played at times tbh.

I think the jury is out with regards to his influence on games. We've frequently had much better 2nd halves than 1st, is none of that down to him?

You're right, wishing it was different doesn't make it different but it sure beats wishing it stays the same in the hope he is sacked.

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

I've mentioned before that imo,  you can't get champagne and oysters football from beer and chips players. We're 12 points off relegation and 4 points off 6th which is about comensurate with what you could reasonably expect with this bunch of players. Ill matched poor signings with a bunch of promising young players,  most of which Puel has either given a chance to or bought. Add to that one decent striker who is injured. There was to be no instant success from the piss poor position we were in when Shakespeare got the push. As NP once said, delusions of grandeur. Patience is required because if we continue to try find quick solutions we'll sink like a stone is my prediction. There's a long term plan and the chances are in some supporters eyes, this season will be gash but ... it's all a means to an end and we have to remember who we are, where we came from and make sure we don't go back there due to short term ego trips.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Same opinion. Looking at the list of Puels good points, sounds he would make a good director of football and leave the on pitch stuff to a different person. 

On 19/12/2018 at 18:38, knitro said:

I agree with everything you are saying but am seriously wavering because we put a ****ing reserve tesm out in a quarter final against man city's reserves.

Granted, they didnt do too bad and penalties are a lottery at the best of times but we seriously proritised largely meaningless games either side over a chance to win something and qualify for europe early, thereby rendering the 7th place, best case scenario, ****ing meaningless.

4 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I agree with everything you are saying but am seriously wavering because we put a ****ing reserve tesm out in a quarter final against man city's reserves.

Granted, they didnt do too bad and penalties are a lottery at the best of times but we seriously proritised largely meaningless games either side over a chance to win something and qualify for europe early, thereby rendering the 7th place, best case scenario, ****ing meaningless.

We didn’t play a reserve team.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Strange how we all see things differently, with what was available I felt we put a strong and reasonable side out as opposed to a reserve one. Neither over a game of 90 minutes is it obligatory to start with your perceived strongest 11, depending on your prematch considered tactics. I thought that after a poor first half that had the appearance of containment operation, the introducton of substitutes threw a spanner in the works of a team that on paper were far superior. It might of worked had it not been for some pathetic penalty kicks. 

Agree with this completely. Seen many posts of people assuming that had albrighton and maddison started we would have won the game. People don’t seem to understand that football has tactics involved and you can’t just pick the “best” player for each position and tell them to go and play. If Maddison has started the game I have no doubt in my mind that pep would have had stones no more than 2 feet away at all times bullying him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So far he's only good with promoting young players and that is about it..

Good manager should get best out of current squad but unfortunately I don't see him doing that since he was appointed..

For example many of us know lone striker role don't suit any of our options and he is still persisting with that..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Strange how we all see things differently, with what was available I felt we put a strong and reasonable side out as opposed to a reserve one. Neither over a game of 90 minutes is it obligatory to start with your perceived strongest 11, depending on your prematch considered tactics. I thought that after a poor first half that had the appearance of containment operation, the introducton of substitutes threw a spanner in the works of a team that on paper were far superior. It might of worked had it not been for some pathetic penalty kicks. 

Except Puel completely dropped Vardy, our best forward for the game. 

If Puel plays Soyuncu, Simpson and Hamza against Chelsea, I'll agree, but there's no debating that Puel put out what he perceived as reserves. He's been trying to get rid of Simpson.