Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Time for Puel to go

35 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

He's 35 in January FFS … suppose you are an advocate of the Peter Taylor style of management 

where Matty Elliot got a massive contract until he was 38.

No, obvious I was saying the opposite - that this is looking like his last season and is being phased out

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

No, obvious I was saying the opposite - that this is looking like his last season and is being phased out

The fact that Leicester have bought two young CB's kinda points to Wes being on the way out.

58 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I like Puels plan for the club, phasing out older players & making the team younger but it is hard to like the kind of football he appears to endorse. I think he would be a better DoF than a manager.

Occam's razor. We won the league and key players moved on. We all have an answer but try putting together a team without an invincible in it and you won't be given enough time to finish the job.

Can’t see us getting much out of the Chelsea, Man City & Everton games. 

I think for a lot of people the Cardiff home game is going to be absolutely key. 

Anything less than a decent win from that and things might get interesting. 

What he did with that team selection in the league cup on Tuesday was stupid...it’s lost him a lot of goodwill when he needs it 

1 hour ago, Great Boos Up said:

Occam's razor. We won the league and key players moved on. We all have an answer but try putting together a team without an invincible in it and you won't be given enough time to finish the job.

I am not complaining about a rebuild taking too long or the players that have been brought in, I'm not even talking about our quality on the pitch. 

It's the style of football I am against. It is hard to see it ever turning into attractive football regardless of the players available for selection.

3 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Legue 1 is a much different kettle of fish to premier league so that's probably like a 12th place finish in the prem.

Is it really? How many games have any fans on here have watched the french league on a consistent basis. I'm not saying I have but it seems like everyone on here will criticise puel over everything. I am obviously in a minority but I like what puel is trying to do but it does take time. Also all those wanting jardim he has done exactly the same as puel at monaca and has no experience in another league. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Is it really? How many games have any fans on here have watched the french league on a consistent basis. I'm not saying I have but it seems like everyone on here will criticise puel over everything. I am obviously in a minority but I like what puel is trying to do but it does take time. Also all those wanting jardim he has done exactly the same as puel at monaca and has no experience in another league. 

First of all I don't want jardim.

If I had a choice of want either Eddie Howe or rafa Benitez. But it's not upto me or any fan.

The premier league is the most competitive league in football across the globe. Spain it's between 2 maybe 3 teams. Germany again 2 maybe 3 teams. France 2 maybe 3 teams. The premier league has possibly 6 maybe 7 teams.

But any team can possible turn over any team in the premier league.

On what puel is trying to do.

I get what he's doing trying to develop a new style and players need to adapt bringing in youth. To make our team a possession based team nice football not hoofing. This will make us competitive and a great team if and when it works.

My problem is he's trying to do this with the wrong players he needs to play to his strengths.

He's not doing to badly on paper I.e the table position. But lucky most of the time if say.

If he stays then he stays but if he does not spend and spend well in January we are going to plummet down the league. I don't think we will be relegated but won't be far off.

This will effect recruitment in the summer 

Edited by Fox85

Keep until Summer as long as we maintain a healthy cushion from the bottom group and then get Rodgers in from Celtic, in a proper and prepared way with it all agreed before the end of the season if possible.

We are 10 points from the drop and 3 from 7th! Hardly a crisis!

I dont see any lack of effort from the players either, just a struggle to make his style consistently effective. 

He is good in the transfer market but I would still limit his budget to just a striker and no real outgoings if possible, as any new manager should be given a healthy budget in the summer and a chance to re-assess players like Silva and Iheanacho etc.

I really didn't think Vardy's interview was that bad tbh. A frustration yes, but also a determination to work at it.

If absolutely necessary, I guess a hint by senior management of a change in the summer could keep the players on board if there is real unrest, which I still think maybe exaggerated a little.

Puel of course still needs to do his part, and pick up enough wins to keep himself safe until Summer, which he has just been doing for now...