Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Time for Puel to go

I wonder if people wanting Puel out have considered anything beyond that.  What comes next?  A new manager, new ideas and another shopping list of new players.  It seems like we are destined to be a club permanently stuck in transition.  

7 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Pearson as interim manager? Absolutely not.

Give the big beautiful bastard a 5 year contact now.

Yeh man ! 

TABLES

#   Team MP W D L F A D P Last 5 matches H2H

1   Beerschot-Wilrijk 5 3 2 0 12 7 +5 11 DWDWW  
2   Mechelen 5 3 2 0 10 5 +5 11 WWDDW  
3   Union Saint-Gi… 5 2 2 1 5 4 +1 8 DWLDW  
4 Previous rank: 5 KSV Roeselare 5 2 1 2 6 6 +0 7 WWLDL  
5 Previous rank: 4 Tubize 5 2 1 2 7 8 -1 7 DLWLW  
6   Westerlo 6 1 3 2 4 5 -1 6 DDLWD  
7   OH Leuven 6 1 1 4 8 12 -4 4 DLLWL  
8   Lommel 5 1 0 4 4 9 -5 3 LLLWL  
Edited by Mike Oxlong

8 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Club will struggle to get credible managers, job is becoming a bit of a poison chalice.

Not sure about this to be honest …  great fan base, superb infrastructure that is improving all the time,

some very good young players .. Chilwell, Maddison , Barnes to come back , the lad at Celtic , hopefully Gray etc etc.

Some good foundations have been built and I don't think this job will be as unappealing as some are making out.

5 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Yeh man ! 

TABLES

#   Team MP W D L F A D P Last 5 matches H2H

1   Beerschot-Wilrijk 5 3 2 0 12 7 +5 11 DWDWW  
2   Mechelen 5 3 2 0 10 5 +5 11 WWDDW  
3   Union Saint-Gi… 5 2 2 1 5 4 +1 8 DWLDW  
4 Previous rank: 5 KSV Roeselare 5 2 1 2 6 6 +0 7 WWLDL  
5 Previous rank: 4 Tubize 5 2 1 2 7 8 -1 7 DLWLW  
6   Westerlo 6 1 3 2 4 5 -1 6 DDLWD  
7   OH Leuven 6 1 1 4 8 12 -4 4 DLLWL  
8   Lommel 5 1 0 4 4 9 -5 3 LLLWL  

27FE355A00000578-3055473-image-a-65_1429987172302.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6521713/Leicester-boss-Claude-Puel-lost-dressing-room-facing-sack.html

Sorry if it's posted elsewhere

Some cheap media shot there publishing a picture of the players faces after we've just missed a penalty in the quarter final of a match we have just drawn with "the best team ever in the Premiership (barring Wolves).

Edited by norwichfox

49 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Not sure about this to be honest …  great fan base, superb infrastructure that is improving all the time,

some very good young players .. Chilwell, Maddison , Barnes to come back , the lad at Celtic , hopefully Gray etc etc.

Some good foundations have been built and I don't think this job will be as unappealing as some are making out.

Absolutely, but from the outside it looks like the player have too much power, and you get only 6-12 months.

Even winning the league doesn't keep you safe.

Puel going - sad, but inevitable. Not going to change his ways.

Rodgers coming in - happy with that, even if he’s a bit of a weirdo.

pearson as interim - bizarre. Absolute hero but awful since us and what if he does well and what if he doesn’t?! Lose lose. Either the players won’t want Rodgers (or whoever) or we slide back into a relegation fight.

Edited by sdb

11 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Bloody Pearson as interim manager lol. ****ing give up the necessary rebuild and just let the players pick their mates forever. 

Don't get me wrong, utmost respect for what he did with us, but this is not a time to go back. 

January 2034- Nigel Pearson has "unfinished business" as he starts his sixth spell in charge of Leicester.

18 hours ago, Babylon said:

And yet I don't remember many people on here or anywhere else suggesting Vardy shouldn't start against Palace. In fact I'm about 7 pages into looking through the Palace pre match thread and the only person even mentioning resting Vardy for Palace was @Bert. Loads of people, including many of those whinging about him being played at Palace had him in their starting 11.

I thought it was just common sense and we were actually going to go for the cup. You’ve more chance of beating Palace without Vardy than you have beating Man City without Vardy. Turns out we did neither! lol 

• Haha 1