Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Time for Puel to go

24 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

We are not looking like we are going down. Think about Fergie at United. Let him build even though it is frustrating and boring right now. 

I've been a big supporter of our manager, but we are looking like we are gonna struggle, given we looked like we should have been top 6, 3 games ago. We are skating on thin ice. 

Edited by TheLittleBigMan
  • Haha 1

Whether it was simply competitiveness or whether he thinks his position is under threat. If nothing else, the reaction of Puel last night when the equaliser went in, should dispel any accusations that he doesn't care and is incapable of being animated.

• Like 1

I just wish he'd finally get a team fired up from kick off for once and get them playing on the front foot/confident football (ndidi stops passing back 40yards to morgan when hes 10yards from their penatly box). Thatd be a start. Can work on the quality aspects of the game later ?

8 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Whether it was simply competitiveness or whether he thinks his position is under threat. If nothing else, the reaction of Puel last night when the equaliser went in, should dispel any accusations that he doesn't care and is incapable of being animated.

Yeah, loved that

• Like 1

How any one can still be on the puel bus amazes me.

19/12/2017 Leicester vs Man City League Cup Quater Final - Loose on penalties after putting out a weakened team.

Fast forward 12 months almost to the day, 2 pathetic transfer windows.

18/12/2018 Leicester vs Man City League Cup Quater Final - Loose on penalties after putting out a weakened team.

12 months is a long time, exactly what progress have we made under this fraud.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

19/12/2017 Leicester vs Man City League Cup Quater Final - Loose on penalties after putting out a weakened team.

18/12/2018 Leicester vs Man City League Cup Quater Final - Loose on penalties after putting out a weakened team.

If you're capable of actually watching the football you will see that despite the result we played much better in this fixture this year than last year

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

4 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

It wasnt that weaker though. Our strongest 11 have lost or drawn to shittier teams this year. 

10 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

If you're capable of actually watching the football you will see that despite the result we played much better in this fixture this year than last year

The 'football'.........ya what?

5 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

May I just say that most managers are fu*ked before they start. They have a very short chance with any team. We are short of options, short of a profile good enough to attract a better manger, and short on better fans that can support what we've already got. 

"disillusion Leicester we always sing that".  

If you think he's doing a good job then I'm afraid it's you who are deluded. Don't blame the fans for recognising a very poor manager. We can all see that, nothing delusional about that.

I genuinely nearly turned the car around last night when I heard the team. To the 22k odd city fans last night that was a huge kick in the teeth. We snuck a 1-1 from a game we should have been battered in if Man City had shown up. With Albrighton, Madders, Ricardo, and Mendy in that team we win the game. The 1-1 has papered cracks temporarily but Puel has to go and he needs to take Gazza with him....

6 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

He might be really good and until we are in a position where we look like we may go down then I support him. We all accepted Ranieri’s sacking because it was clear where it was heading and let’s be fair he achieved the unexpected and incredible. I want to say give Puel a couple more seasons and he will create something. I may be wrong but what have we got to lose?

A fanbase?

• Like 1

This so called style of play does not suit us because we are NOT GOOD enough to play it. why has Puel taken all this calendar year to find out? 

We have a chance of being best of rest (possible 8th) if we play a faster counterattacking style with midfielders who can PASS accurately over 20 yards! 

Sorry Claude your time is up. 

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

This so called style of play does not suit us because we are NOT GOOD enough to play it. why has Puel taken all this calendar year to find out? 

We have a chance of being best of rest (possible 8th) if we play a faster counterattacking style with midfielders who can PASS accurately over 20 yards! 

Sorry Claude your time is up. 

What style are we good enough to play?

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

What style are we good enough to play?

442 works well for us plus it's the only formation our strikers can play effectively. So playing a formations without the correct players when had multiple transfer windows to get it right is just poor management

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think people like the idea of what Puel represents so much that they've lost sight of the fact there are other managers out there who could do it. 

Do we really think that no other manager in the world can play passing football and play young players? Are we that unimaginative? 

I hope not. 

It's not that no other manager is capable of doing it, it's whether we trust the board to get it right and bring them in. While they've done a lot of good, I still have reservations on their managerial appointment method - if we include Sousa then it's just big name as a player (Sousa), out of work big name (Sven), former manager (Pearson), guy who applied with a long reputation (Ranieri), assistant manager (Shakespeare), guy who applied who was already around the division (Puel). To me it seems like they're not actively looking at alternatives and prepared to headhunt but relying on a good candidate applying. But, the applicants will be the same old chaff - Hughes, Pardew, Moyes etc. People on here mention left field choices that could potentially be very good: Gallardo, Nagelsmann, Jardim - but they're left field because the only way they'll happen is if they apply for the job and really impress at interview