Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Time for Puel to go

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Not too sure ,what you want to say....But the Summer gone was never going to be a major window...

We had to believe Iborra,Silva would start to perform at an higher grade..We couldn't expect Ndidi to suddenly

either lose form,or reach his end level!!!  

We invested in Maddison,and have Choudry,who might get a 1st team look-see!!

Nacho was going to start to realise his potential..I

Vardy was going to be our Mr reliable,injury put a stop to that....

I really don't understand,how then Puel is blamed on team choice!!

Maddiso n is showing potential,but is not yet a 90minute player

Ricardo..was 1st doubted (typical of this forum). but starting to prove a decent investment..

Mendy ,has rekindled his career and playing decent,if not great...

Amartey,was beginning to realise his potential

All CBs,and FB, and a wobbly/reds/inconsistent start...but any grouping is ok by me,The defence is more than decent...

Again with our injuries,has they have come,with the above points..I don't understand the attacks on Puel..player selections

Then the BS,that he plays weaken teams,just proves the individual posters are screaming first,before finding out avai!ability!!!I

Then shouting someone must go,because a or more fans don't like his selection...laughable!!!

Post was auto corrected I was supposed to say this WAS one of our best

Just now, The Doctor said:

How do people still not understand Vardy wasn't fit to play...

Not been fit all season-even when he ran off the pitch for the infamous "Crapsgate" he was pointing at his groin previously- not his backside.

He probably needs 6 weeks off to fully recover from a torn groin.

3 hours ago, breadandcheese said:

In which case, Puel prioritised the league over the quarter final.  Players could have been rested last Saturday in preparation of the cup.  He chose to play the strongest eleven and relegate the cup to a sideshow.  I don't accept that as the correct decision.

Yeah, well that's your right and I can understand that.

We'd certainly have higher chances to win against MCFC with him on board but we'll never know. I personally think he took his decision according to what the medical staff stated and because a win against Palace was more likely. Should have he benched him last Saturday and lost, some people would still be mad.

11 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

The confusion is that Vardy wanted to play and declared himself fit.  

And the physios disagreed... Physios know better than the player whether they're actually fit to play. If a player says "I'm fine and ready", and the physios say "if you play there's an 85% chance of aggravating that injury", listen to the physios

35 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

How do people still not understand Vardy wasn't fit to play...

32 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

The confusion is that Vardy wanted to play and declared himself fit.  

18 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

And the physios disagreed... Physios know better than the player whether they're actually fit to play. If a player says "I'm fine and ready", and the physios say "if you play there's an 85% chance of aggravating that injury", listen to the physios

If Puel had come out a week ago and said: "Vardy won't start against Palace, maybe not even on the bench, to manage his injury ahead of a busy set of games" then he could've started in the cup - for me, and many others, that would've been the right thing to prioritise. This is not wisdom after the event.

We missed a trick in the cup. Man City treated it like a training exercise and then complacency set in which allowed us to take it to penalties.

Fans are frustrated. Seven thousand fewer attending than the previous league cup quarter final. 

We have obvious issues to address. Staggers me how some can't see them.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

If Puel had come out a week ago and said: "Vardy won't start against Palace, maybe not even on the bench, to manage his injury ahead of a busy set of games" then he could've started in the cup - for me, and many others, that would've been the right thing to prioritise. This is not wisdom after the event.

We missed a trick in the cup. Man City treated it like a training exercise and then complacency set in which allowed us to take it to penalties.

Fans are frustrated. Seven thousand fewer attending than the previous league cup quarter final. 

Surely the snakes won’t win again Geoff? 

It’s a good time to do it tbf. Looking safe in the league, window about to open, little risk for the new manager coming in. I think we’d be able to get someone decent in.  I know it’s not the Leicester way but I like to hope they are making calls and seeing who’d be interested.

Cant see it happening though, I doubt Tops even thinking about football at the moment. 

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I don't expect you to know, but what did the people above Puel want to prioritise? Complaining about his selection implies 'the board' also would have preferred to go for it in the cup, but that Puel blithely ignored them. These seems fanciful to me. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We have obvious issues to address. Staggers me how some can't see them.

Staggers me that people think saying "let's not burn the house down just because the wirings a bit dodgy" is saying that the wiring is fine

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

Wish we’d stop saying “not going to judge him on one game”... sorry was that a first, that performance at Palace? Because it looks pretty much the same week in week out to me... slow ponderous build up, no decent passer in midfield, let the opposition take the lead, flat performance and atmosphere... this isn’t a one off

I can tell you're getting frustrated!!

In this forum you are not actually allowed an opinion - even though it is pro-city.

If it is not pro-puel they will rip you to shreds! There are 4 posters on here who are so totally committed to M.Claude (and, yes, one has to admire thier loyalty) that they would still adore him if he played Kasper as centre forward, insisted all six defenders tied their laces together and had ' I love Forest' tatooed on his forehead. The blind faith and adulation has reached ridiculous proportions. Two thirds want him gone. The football is turgid. He is NOT the messiah.

Let it go.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

And yet I don't remember many people on here or anywhere else suggesting Vardy shouldn't start against Palace. In fact I'm about 7 pages into looking through the Palace pre match thread and the only person even mentioning resting Vardy for Palace was @Bert. Loads of people, including many of those whinging about him being played at Palace had him in their starting 11.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Others on here are talking about us drifting towards the bottom of the table after our tough run of games coming up. 

Given those games it seems reasonable to have payed JV in a game we could more likely have got something from. 

And JV almost made the difference with hitting the inside of the post - fine margins ! 

A loss at Palace without JV would have been meat and drink to those who want CP gone. 

A case of “damned if you do, damned if you don’t”.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1