Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Time for Puel to go

19 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sounds simple :)

Everyone knew it was impossible to replace Mahrez, so a different direction was required

Should of moved for shaquiri sooner. Better than gazelle.

Patrick roberts better than gazelle.

Hakim zyech (ajax) wasn't imposiible. Ideal mahrez replacement.

So is more simplified than your making out we all know you can't replace mahrez but could of got similar calibre of player. Not just buy someone who should be playing Sunday league 

4 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

So is more simplified than your making out we all know you can't replace mahrez but could of got similar calibre of player. Not just buy someone who should be playing Sunday league 

Shaqiri wouldn't move here when there were rumours of Liverpool.

We tried for long periods for Roberts, something wasnt quite right about that.

And Zyech was never rumoured, may be reasons for that.

It isn't simple to replace one of the best RW around currently, we don't have mounds of cash lying around due to the amount of "dead wood" we have. We can't just stump huge money onto a player in the hope it works.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Shaqiri wouldn't move here when there were rumours of Liverpool.

We tried for long periods for Roberts, something wasnt quite right about that.

And Zyech was never rumoured, may be reasons for that.

It isn't simple to replace one of the best RW around currently, we don't have mounds of cash lying around due to the amount of "dead wood" we have. We can't just stump huge money onto a player in the hope it works.

Once again I will clarify what I just recently stateted.

We would not be able to replace Mahrez.

I just say that one more time.

But we could of got a much better player than gazelle who should be at Sunday league level.

Could of got Anderson we would of choose us over westham at the time.

I've nearly fallen off the fence, the Cardiff game will decide it for me. If the performance/result is still underwhelming, then that's it. Do what Man U are doing, get a caretaker manager in, giving the board time to find the right man.  And maybe, just maybe, we can look forward to a starting lineup next August which includes Benkovic, Barnes, Choudhury, 1 or 2 new signings, with the old guard replaced.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel the same?  I am becoming disinterested in Leicester games, don't feel excited anymore, I used look forward so much but something happened the last few months. Kind of know we aren't going to score first, may just manage a goal if we are lucky but know that we going to lose, just like yesterday, had a feeling we going to lose we were taking penalties. Really bored and can't be bothered to watch Leicester. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Crispin LA said:

Is it just me or does anyone else feel the same?  I am becoming disinterested in Leicester games, don't feel excited anymore, I used look forward so much but something happened the last few months. Kind of know we aren't going to score first, may just manage a goal if we are lucky but know that we going to lose, just like yesterday, had a feeling we going to lose we were taking penalties. Really bored and can't be bothered to watch Leicester. 

Not just you. My appetite for the games is in rapid decline. 3pm on a Saturday is fast becoming a good time for a nap.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

But yet people still defend CP but the statistics don't lie that he is not a good manager at premier league level.

His 2nd season in charge is meant to be his best and yet we are worse off this year than we were last year.

All week I used to look forward to watching leicester now I just get angry at the negative football and depressed knowing we can't beat teams like Fulham or crystal palace 

• Like 3

Despite the performance and result I’m still furious with the team selection last night. He’ll claim that was the best team to beat City but that is nonsense.

For the second year running he has used a cup quarter final to rest first teamers and give fringe players a chance. For what? Slightly improved, but still long, odds of getting something at Stamford Bridge.

I want a manager with a hunger to win things. A hunger for glory. A manager that instils a winning mentality.

My enthusiasm is at an all time low. I just pray he’s gone soon.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

But yet people still defend CP but the statistics don't lie that he is not a good manager at premier league level.

His 2nd season in charge is meant to be his best and yet we are worse off this year than we were last year.

All week I used to look forward to watching leicester now I just get angry at the negative football and depressed knowing we can't beat teams like Fulham or crystal palace 

Come on be fair.  We were not negative last night in that second half.   It wasnt long ago we put in a good performance against Watford.  You're cherry picking games a bit

Ok ok il fair your right in what your saying come that 2nd half when we put on our best players the game was there for the taking.

However I will also be fair that game could of been won had we started with that team.

I think that's fair enough

8 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Despite the performance and result I’m still furious with the team selection last night. He’ll claim that was the best team to beat City but that is nonsense.

For the second year running he has used a cup quarter final to rest first teamers and give fringe players a chance. For what? Slightly improved, but still long, odds of getting something at Stamford Bridge.

I want a manager with a hunger to win things. A hunger for glory. A manager that instils a winning mentality.

My enthusiasm is at an all time low. I just pray he’s gone soon.

I agree, but what are the objectives the owners have given him, what if they have said the league is the most important and we want you to achieve 'X' place, and we don't careless about the League Cup. 

Not say that's what happened just playing Devil's Advocate.

To fair he look pretty keen on winning the way he celebrated the goal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Ok ok il fair your right in what your saying come that 2nd half when we put on our best players the game was there for the taking.

However I will also be fair that game could of been won had we started with that team.

I think that's fair enough

Puel makes subs that have a great impact and you skew that to slate him

No way can you say if we'd started that team we would have had them.  Even with Albrighton in for Ghezzal and Maddison in for Iborra we'd have still looked at that Man City team and thought 'we're going to get pummelled'

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Come on be fair.  We were not negative last night in that second half.   It wasnt long ago we put in a good performance against Watford.  You're cherry picking games a bit

I can't argue with 2nd half or the Watford games but you're as guilty for cherry picking those games.

You could argue and i'm saying this to prove (Not sure that's the right word or context) that i'm not blindly seeing everything negative towards Puel and trying to give some balance but you could argue first 30 minutes against Arsenal, 2nd half last night, and the full 90 minutes v Watford games have all been recent are showing improvement and it's 'coming together', but i'm sorry is that really enough, in 12 months? 165 minutes of excitment, maybe that's harsh, i'm sure, I really hope there have been other sustained time of excitment during those 12 months of football, but very little spring to mind, it's not great over 12 months though is it, oooh, the Everton match, his first game was quite good if I remember corrently, I thought "Ooh maybe everything we've read about him was wrong, it's just salty Southampton fans".

On a whole, a majority of the last 12 months have been as @Fox85 describes.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Once again I will clarify what I just recently stateted.

I just say that one more time.

But we could of got a much better player than gazelle who should be at Sunday league level.

Could of got Anderson we would of choose us over westham at the time.

If thats the case why are you stating its simple to get a Mahrez calibre player in, i.e. replacing him? 

We don't know how much West ham are paying him. look at any thread and you'll see people say how we're still recovering from bad windows and the over paid players we haven't removed yet. We can't splash cash left, right and centre. 

And Ghezzal isn't a Sunday league player, yeah he was pants yesterday, but has shown glimpses of quality in games. It's getting those consistently out that will be the trouble.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I can't argue with 2nd half or the Watford games but you're as guilty for cherry picky those games.

I admit we have lots of games where I am equally as frustrated with it as anyone.  Not saying Watford or yesterday's 2nd half are definitive performances for us.  I'm just dispelling the myth that we know we are going to be rubbish every week.  We aren't, we still do put in good displays occasionally

Maybe Puel is partially to blame for our lack of consistency, but when you factor in injuries and suspensions it is not a surprise we are inconsistent and its not right to blame him

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

I find this attitude odd.

Being a Leicester fan (or a fan of any team), isn't  conditional. It's not a consumer choice. It's not something you can change or take back to the shop if you suddenly find it's not to your taste.

Its in your heart. It's part of who you are. 

Of course we can moan and groan when things don't go well. But as supporters we need to support. Last night we were a couple of penalty kicks away from overcoming one of the best teams in Europe.

Keep the faith!

• Like 4

Just now, Matt said:

I can't argue with 2nd half or the Watford games but you're as guilty for cherry picky those games.

I'd agree, and I'm not sure if he's the man, however it was never going to be easy to change the style of play and restructure the squad In 12 months, and two transfer window.

Also factoring the lost of one of our best and most creative players in Mahrez.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

You don't know that we didn't try for them.

You don't know that they would be interested in joining us.

We will never sign a player of a similar calibre to Mahrez they don't sign for clubs like us.

But don't let that get in the way of a rant.

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Go on then, who would you have played? 

Kasper? Ward got us this far in the first place

Chilwell? Injured

Vardy? Injured

Maddison? What exactly has he done to constitute being an automatic starter?

The only contentious one for me was Ghezzal playing over Albrighton.

All this 'if we'd played our first team we'd be playing Burton' blah blah, is a nonsense. The substitutions were made at the right time to get us back in the game against a ridiculously good reserve side.

Vardy is not injured. He was rested.

Our strongest team does not currently include the likes of Simpson, Choudury, Ghezzal, Iheanacho and Soyuncu.

If we’d played our strongest team of course we’d have stood a better chance of winning the game.

36 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Puel makes subs that have a great impact and you skew that to slate him

No way can you say if we'd started that team we would have had them.  Even with Albrighton in for Ghezzal and Maddison in for Iborra we'd have still looked at that Man City team and thought 'we're going to get pummelled'

I don’t agree with the first comment. The majority of the time he has to make substituions to rectify his poor tactical decisions from the beginning of the game.

Granted the subs have an impact but the real issue is that he has to make them in the first place to clean up his own mess.

• Like 1

Whether you are 'Puel in' or 'Puel out', the fact there is a great debate over his position - this thread alone is on its 32nd page - shows that clearly all is not well and our support is divided.

What the man needs above all else is a big statement win - one that really brings back some excitement, enthusiasm and positive vibes to the support, because let's face it the King Power has become a library of late.

Puel's style of play does not have fans on their feet too often - nor even on the edge of their seats - but I guess that would be forgiven to an extent if we could beat one of the big boys and provide concrete evidence that we have a team and a manager that everyone can get behind.

The frustration about last night is that we had an opportunity to get that big win but, as has been the norm under Puel, for whatever reason (resting players, slow cautious start, crappy penalties), we failed to take it.

Nobody expects us to win either of our next two matches. But just imagine if we did...

On the other hand, if we lose both, fail to beat Cardiff or Everton and enter the New Year worrying about relegation, the case for keeping Puel will be on the flimsiest of foundations.

• Like 2