Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Time for Puel to go

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

i find it proper weird he has such pro supporters of him, boring football & he's alienated two legends, there's nothing redeemable about him 

I'm not that pro but I am just sick of us going through managers with the same (rumoured) unhappy players that have had the last 2 managers sacked. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I'm not that pro but I am just sick of us going through managers with the same (rumoured) unhappy players that have had the last 2 managers sacked. 

Then the board should have done their homework on Puel, he the same issues at Southampton and Nice, his best day's were over towards the end of his term at Nice. 

44 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

I can tell you're getting frustrated!!

In this forum you are not actually allowed an opinion - even though it is pro-city.

If it is not pro-puel they will rip you to shreds! There are 4 posters on here who are so totally committed to M.Claude (and, yes, one has to admire thier loyalty) that they would still adore him if he played Kasper as centre forward, insisted all six defenders tied their laces together and had ' I love Forest' tatooed on his forehead. The blind faith and adulation has reached ridiculous proportions. Two thirds want him gone. The football is turgid. He is NOT the messiah.

Let it go.

And yet there you go, 'having an opinion'.

I suggest that the only way an opinion can be 'ripped to shreds' is if it's a pile of horse-turd in the first place. Too many posters seem to think that 3 or 4 illogical reasons to get rid of Puel (or at least reasons based on assumptions they have no idea are true - see first my post at the top of this page) add up to 1 logical one. 

As for that silly third sentence... I doubt you can name a single poster who has shown anything close to 'adulation' towards him. The best he's getting is 'we're in transition/the squad ain't all that/who's going to come in and do better' type comments which are about acceptance of the boat we're innot adulation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

And yet there you go, 'having an opinion'.

I suggest that the only way an opinion can be 'ripped to shreds' is if it's a pile of horse-turd in the first place. Too many posters seem to think that 3 or 4 illogical reasons to get rid of Puel (or at least reasons based on assumptions they have no idea are true - see first my post at the top of this page) add up to 1 logical one. 

As for that silly third sentence... I doubt you can name a single poster who has shown anything close to 'adulation' towards him. The best he's getting is 'we're in transition/the squad ain't all that/who's going to come in and do better' type comments which are about acceptance of the boat we're innot adulation.

:D x

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

You mean his last season at Nice where they finished 4th. Where he finished in the top 4 twice. 

Legue 1 is a much different kettle of fish to premier league so that's probably like a 12th place finish in the prem.

• Haha 1

I'm very torn on this subject. Two weeks ago I was very much in the Puel in brigade. I was prepared to give him time thinking that the top half is a formality with the players we have.

Like many people my opinion switched after Palace. Just so clueless. A wake up call for sure. Should be stamping our authority all over a fixture like that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

i find it proper weird he has such pro supporters of him, boring football & he's alienated two legends, there's nothing redeemable about him 

I can't see anywhere any tangible evidence that anyone has alienated anyone else,  unless people are trying to read anything into something that Vardy said that isn't actually there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I like Puels plan for the club, phasing out older players & making the team younger but it is hard to like the kind of football he appears to endorse. I think he would be a better DoF than a manager.

I kind of think your right, he would be better suited to the role of DOF as he is would ideal as a systems builder rather than a manager of people which he just can't do. Just need to move Rudkin on! 

9 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I like Puels plan for the club, phasing out older players & making the team younger but it is hard to like the kind of football he appears to endorse. I think he would be a better DoF than a manager.

What like his phasing out of Wes Morgan … the oldest player on the books? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

The guy who's got 6 months left on his contract and been missed while key players were getting new contracts left right and centre?

He's 35 in January FFS … suppose you are an advocate of the Peter Taylor style of management 

where Matty Elliot got a massive contract until he was 38.