Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Time for Puel to go

6 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Great result and congratulations must go to Puel, he got it very right. Still on the Puel out side but if results continue he will convert me.

Seriously...?! Beating Chelsea away and last years champions at home doesnt convince you that Puel is good enough to remain? Cesus jhrist almighty you are hard to please.

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 1

Christ, there is a hell of a lot of U turners on here aren't they ? only days ago there was a poll on here showing most people wanted him gone. Two Wins ( granted great wins ) and they all spin like a top!  the word Fickle hardly does it service. Hello Mother Hello father here I am at Camp Grenada. :D:rolleyes::dunno:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

Christ, there is a hell of a lot of U turners on here aren't they ? only days ago there was a poll on here showing most people wanted him gone. Two Wins ( granted great wins ) and they all spin like a top!  the word Fickle hardly does it service. Hello Mother Hello father here I am at Camp Grenada. :D:rolleyes::dunno:

Although I'm a  Puel in bloke Bunyip, I do have to agree with you. I think it's possibly because whilst we all have our varying views on this, some people have stated their's in such a rage of apoplexy that the answer could only ever be black or white. Personally I could see both points of view but didn't want to see the baby thrown out with the bath water at this stage. The development of youth and apparent different approach to transfer policy I applaud but, there's more than one manager who can oversee that. A January change I thought could be detrimental to us as a club when we are in no immediate danger. Summer is a time for decisions to my mind re this one, but I do think some people underestimate the job and all the problems Puel inherited. Like all managers, they can only fairly be judged when they've got what they want in place, though many of them aren't given that time. Some on the other hand will never be up to the job. At the moment I err on the side of the former.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Showing your age there ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Or there's a lot of people still largely undecided who are quite understandably very happy with 7th place and back to back wins against Chelsea and Man City

I dont have an issue with people changing their minds about Puel. Too many on here always want to be proven right and show they have the correct opinion. I fully understand why some fans wanted him gone after the shocking perfomcances against Palace, Fulham and even the spurs game, and I think it's fine that some are willing to give him a chance after 2 great wins. I've jumped in and out for while with Puel but I've always said we may as well keep him until the end of the season as there would be no adequate replacements available now. If people were still shouting Puel out they'd get slated and now some have  changed their minds and they still get slated. The joys of foxestalk! 

Edited by jayfox26

43 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I dont have an issue with people changing their minds about Puel. Too many on here always want to be proven right and show they have the correct opinion. I fully understand why some fans wanted him gone after the shocking perfomcances against Palace, Fulham and even the spurs game, and I think it's fine that some are willing to give him a chance after 2 great wins. I've jumped in and out for while with Puel but I've always said we may as well keep him until the end of the season as there would be no adequate replacements available now. If people were still shouting Puel out they'd get slated and now some have  changed their minds and they still get slated. The joys of foxestalk! 

Just wait if we lose against Cardiff. Here a taste of what will come:

- "False dawn"

- "Clueless"

- "Wasn't going to last anyway"

- "Last games were won by the players"

- "Boring"

- "Why didn't he play [insert player on the bench] from the start?"

- "Why did he change the formation/team?"

- "Why didn't he change the formation/team?"

Edited by That_Dude
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Guest said:

Or there's a lot of people still largely undecided who are quite understandably very happy with 7th place and back to back wins against Chelsea and Man City

That poll didn't look very undecided to me.:dunno:

4 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Me neither. Trouble is it's going to take a lot more than two wins to change my mind, let's see if his new tactics continue and he doesn't revert back to the negative sterile ways before those two wins. Having said that if we continue to play high tempo attractive football even in a win or lose situation I will be the first to eat humble pie and gladly so. I'd rather him and city be a success and prove me wrong and make me look a plonker any day.:scarf:

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Although I'm a  Puel in bloke Bunyip, I do have to agree with you. I think it's possibly because whilst we all have our varying views on this, some people have stated their's in such a rage of apoplexy that the answer could only ever be black or white. Personally I could see both points of view but didn't want to see the baby thrown out with the bath water at this stage. The development of youth and apparent different approach to transfer policy I applaud but, there's more than one manager who can oversee that. A January change I thought could be detrimental to us as a club when we are in no immediate danger. Summer is a time for decisions to my mind re this one, but I do think some people underestimate the job and all the problems Puel inherited. Like all managers, they can only fairly be judged when they've got what they want in place, though many of them aren't given that time. Some on the other hand will never be up to the job. At the moment I err on the side of the former.

Yes, good post Volpea. We are looking very safe points wise so with that it is a good idea to let him see the season out. That way whichever way it goes he will have then had a full season and can be judged at the final whistle on the last game. Hopefully, he will have proved his doubters wrong ( including me ).

• Like 2

As I have said before...

If he gets results then I will cease being a ‘Puel out.’

...he is on the way and that is fantastic but there is an awful lot of frustration to make up in my mind with the results of the last 9 months and we are not there yet, but credit where it’s due for two fantastic results.

Seventh in the Premier league with a team he is developing, bringing in youth and sorting out some of the dross we have taken onboard. Give the man a break. I can think of a good many teams who wish they were in our position.

Yes, City are unpredictable and the football is disappointing to say the least but when you are building a team this is what happens otherwise you end up with the same old doing the same old. Shakespeare made that mistake and look where it led us. Give the man time and be patient. It took Ferguson a few years before his ideas bore fruit. Continually changing managers does not work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bunyip said:

That poll didn't look very undecided to me.:dunno:

Tbf there was no middle of the road option which i'm sure would have levelled it out slightly.

I'm fairly confident at the time of the poll taking place it'd still have been heavily Puel Out though which when the accusations rightly or wrongly of people being fickle come from. It's not the first time we've seen a poll fairly one sided and shift heavily within one or two matches.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone know who this @chefstevedurham” is on Twitter? He has a mad weird obsession with Puel out. It’s concerning to support the same team as him with some of the shit being posted

There's about 5 or 6 of them on there who just post complete drivel and still want him gone. None of them have profile photos which makes me suspicious. Very odd indeed.