Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carl the Llama

Man City 1-1 (1-3 on penalties) post match bickering

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Still think Nacho could come good. But it'll be much harder with so many fans on his back.

It will, and I get their frustrations at times with how he closes down but some of the stock he was getting today was bollocks. Couple of times where there's a ball over the top he's got onto, he's got two around him and he's looking for support. None coming, he tries to beat them or tries a speculative shot and fails to shouts of criticism from the kop.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

With the weak team we fielded yes.

As i've said if we played a stronger team I feel we could have beat them and that is what all the bickering (to use the thread title) has been about all day.

I dont think it was a hugely weaker team. Ward is the cup keeper, back 4 you'd replace Simpson at most. Middle 3 I wouldn't swap, they all played well. Then Ghezzal you'd change for Albrighton.

This isn't like he played the kids or reserves, we played well and needed a bit of luck at the end and we'd have been through. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Corky said:

He doesn't fit with the way we play. We are still looking for the Vardy run in behind or out wide. Iheanacho seems to be a link player rather than a spearhead of an attack.

He looked so promising during preseason. I know, I know, that was preseason. But I think there's a good player in there somewhere.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

It will, and I get their frustrations at times with how he closes down but some of the stock he was getting today was bollocks. Couple of times where there's a ball over the top he's got onto, he's got two around him and he's looking for support. None coming, he tries to beat them or tries a speculative shot and fails to shouts of criticism from the kop.

Fully agree.

Thought the lad played well today, he put himself about a lot more than I've seen previously. Like you mentioned a few times he got onto balls and support wasn't there(god knows what Ghezzal was doing). 

Few offsides which looked dubious, but overall its improvements on previous performances.

Poor penalties. Well, they weren’t even that good. Actually got the subs right. Impressive displays from Gray and Choudhury. Nice ball from N’Didi for the goal and a great finish from Albrighton. Simpson solid. Fuchs ok. Soyuncu looked shaky. A shame we couldn’t start the first half how we finished the second. Maybe if we’d have played a stronger side from the start we’d have progressed. 

• Like 1

Tonight..I have been let down terribly arrogantly,by 3 players,who failed in their basic duty of taking a simple penalty....

If they had got saved...I wouldn't of complained....but like our 15 league games..they didn't try,they weren't proffesional,and again

Keeping to a simple disciplined act,forgetting what a win would mean,they went off on their own egoistic plain petulance ,no thought of consequence!!!

This squad again through petulance,are proving on simple basics,they are not as good as they think,and we would like them to be....

Albrighton  Vardy,Chilwell maybe Maguire. Are the only players who give their all,and will consistently put a shift in....

Yes I thought Gray,had a reasonable game,Soyu was fair..Fluffy/choudry our Motm....I

I want to see this season, a 3 week run,where the team with  every single player,completes the basics!!!,and put in everything they do thought and effort!!

tonight's penalties shown me that the attitude,is a major problem....forget Puel!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Agreed, his lack of support tonight, especially first half, was just unacceptable. I felt city could have been got at today with a weakened team but we rarely troubled them. Too many men sat on the edge of our own box and kelechi up on his own. Always difficult to strike the balance when they have the likes of Aguero, de Bruyne and Mahrez attacking us but i feel we showed them too much respect 1st half. Even though we improved 2nd half we rarely looked like scoring. Our lack of quality in the final 3rd is hugely concerning, even when we do have Vardy playing! 

Crap penos but I thought we played really well and grew into the game. 1-1 at full time against the best team in the league is nothing to be sniffed at. Iheanacho needs to go, he’s pretty useless as a striker, slow  lazy and never offered an outlet as he was always offside. Looked pissed or on drugs to me. If we could fix that problem and keep Morgan away from the side we could start competing again.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

From about 60 minutes on it was a good game and we played quite well. Maddison took over running the game and Albrighton was great and not just for his goal.

Penalties are a lottery so no hard feelings there but once again, why did we not put out a stronger team when this is a competition we had a chance to win? Very frustrating.

But at least we had a good go in the second half. As long as we do that then I am happy with the team but we need to stop playing like we did in the first half. It's just so frustrating seeing us pass it around the back, then to midfield, then back to the keeper who smashes it long anyway. Not enough players who are brave enough to play the forward pass in our team!

I think the difference between the two halves really showed our reliance on Maddison having a good game. We don't really have anyone else like him who can link up play and have some sort of confidence on the ball to not either have to instantly shift it backwards or lose it under pressure.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Tonight..I have been let down terribly arrogantly,by 3 players,who failed in their basic duty of taking a simple penalty....

If they had got saved...I wouldn't of complained....but like our 15 league games..they didn't try,they weren't proffesional,and again

Keeping to a simple disciplined act,forgetting what a win would mean,they went off on their own egoistic plain petulance ,no thought of consequence!!!

This squad again through petulance,are proving on simple basics,they are not as they think,and we would like them to be....

Albrighton  Vardy,Chilwell maybe Maguire. Are the only players who give their all,and will consistently put a shift in....

Yes I thought Gray,had a reasonable game,Soyu was fair..Fluffy/choudry our Motm....I

I want to see this season, a 3 week run,where the team with  every single player,completes the basics!!!,and put in everything they do thought and effort!!

tonight's penalties shown me that the attitude,is a major problem....forget Puel!!

Totally agree. As I said earlier, I'm starting to dislike our current squad barring a few like Maguire, Kasper, Vardy, wes and Albrighton plus a few others. 

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

From about 60 minutes on it was a good game and we played quite well. Maddison took over running the game and Albrighton was great and not just for his goal.

Penalties are a lottery so no hard feelings there but once again, why did we not put out a stronger team when this is a competition we had a chance to win? Very frustrating.

But at least we had a good go in the second half. As long as we do that then I am happy with the team but we need to stop playing like we did in the first half. It's just so frustrating seeing us pass it around the back, then to midfield, then back to the keeper who smashes it long anyway. Not enough players who are brave enough to play the forward pass in our team!

7 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

I'm more frustrated by the team selection than then penalties. That's the easier of the two to get right.

I agree, team selection yet again let us down in the first half. Puel resting players to win the league !!!! Get rid of him now as we are going only one way with him in charge. Clueless and to rest Vardy because he was tired is a joke.

Just now, The_Rorab said:

I think the difference between the two halves really showed our reliance on Maddison having a good game. We don't really have anyone else like him who can link up play and have some sort of confidence on the ball to not either have to instantly shift it backwards or lose it under pressure.

Yes I would very much agree. I am sometimes quite harsh on the player, but for his age he is actually very good especially for someone for whom it's their debut season.

But we need more players like him! Otherwise it's mediocre city for us. The only other player I give any credit to is Gray. I know his decision making is poor at the best of times, but this season he's always putting in a ton of effort, runs the channels and is prepared to take his man on. Mahrez he is not, but at least he has a good attitude. That's another thing I want to see, players who want to try things. Maddison, Chilwell, Ricardo, Albrighton and Gray are the only ones that do and none of them are really brilliant at it.