Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City H Post Thread 2-1

Fantastic four days. Maybe people will stop moaning for a while (of course not but we can all dream) wonderful display again, gritty and with qualitee ?. Spot on with the changes today. Pushing Ricardo further up the pitch so we had more of an outlet to relieve the pressure. He’s getting better week in week out, and considering who he was up against today, he defended really well. Having two ball winners against these ‘big’ sides gives us more of a foothold. We’ve earnt those two wins, and people won’t want to hear it, but a lot of that is credit to the tactics, and the players executing it. This young squad has been through hell this season, as well as the coaching staff so let’s back them, and look what is possible. We have lots of potential. A cracking atmosphere today as well. MERRY CHRISTMAS ??? :bounce:

Man city were pretty shocking today. Did Kasper have to make a proper save? 

We played well for large periods and got a deserved win. The first 10 minutes of each half we let them walk all over us but we seemed to overcome it. We are still too static at times but overall a pretty darn good win.

Put in a massive shift today & what a performance it produced, honestly the most enjoyable home game I've been to since Sevilla. Ricardo MOTM for me but the whole team was class from the very first minute.

Fair play to Puel - he subbed Choudhury for Gray and went for it, and even if he struggled to get into the game it still showed his intent to try and win rather than sit back and settle for a point.

On another note, I think Cardiff will be tough as they'll come here for a point and we're going to be carrying some tired legs. Just hoping we can keep Vardy upfront as opposed to either Okazaki/Kelechi who provide absolutely no goal threat.

Incredible, fair play.

A joy to see, let's just see it continue, please, I understand we're not gonna win every game or play well in every game but i'd like to see it more often than not!

An unchanged team, playing to our strengths, amazing, a wonderful, enjoyable and happy sight!!

I could ask questions to how we've got to this point, but for fear i'll get berated and create debate and arguments we'll leave them for another day and enjoy todays display.

Cheers!

• Like 2

Puel masterclass today. It’s all well and good having a long-term plan but it has to be underpinned by showing the ability to manage games in the here and now and even I, as a manic Puel-in-ner, was getting fed up with the same mistakes being made game in and game out.

Today he was brilliantly proactive, making changes at the right time, first moving Choudhury to the right to neutralise De Bruyne and then bringing on Gray and Simpson as the Man City pressure grew.

As for the players themselves they were all great but special mentions for Albrighton’s astonishing work rate and Ricardo who even before his goal was the best player on the pitch. Brilliant in defence and attack.

The other week I joined the throngs after Palace when we put in a disinterested, insipid, pathetic display. 11 days later and good God, how good are we?

My main gripe was the consistency of those performances. It was sucking the life out of the support, with no ambition and causing immense frustration. Look at these last two displays. Fantastic energy, discipline and a desire I thought had been lost under Puel for good.

All I want when I watch my team is maximum effort; boy have we had that, and get that, today. Outstanding display. Choudhury was excellent. Ricardo is immense, he'll be next on the list for the big clubs after Chilly and Harry. Saturday and today bought back, personally, the pride and fun I've wanted in watching the team. It's exactly why I watch football and I'm so bloody proud.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

How dirty are they though!? Oppositions need protection from them not the other way around.

100%.

So many tactical fouls yet again going unpunished. It’s a wonder any side ever launches a successful counter attack against them.

And Delph has to know by now that ploughing into his opponents, winning the ball and then planting his studs halfway up their leg is not acceptable any more. It was a near carbon copy of his sending off at Wigan in the Cup last year.

35 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

He had to stretch to clear the ball, and did so successfully. I don't think you should be penalised for that.

Absolute definition of excessive force.

Vardy’s against Wolves was worse but I think they’re both pretty clear red cards.

Just now, Matt said:

That instantly went through my head aswell.

If I remember correctly I thought it last year aswell.

I've thought it before when we've played them. I'm sure I remember De Bruyne going through someone last season.

I love when we're all up in big team players' faces. They hate it. See how Stones got fvkced off and booked because he couldn't handle the fact we pressed and they were fouling. Love it.

• Like 2

Just now, Langston said:

Liverpool are no better.

The pair of them manage to get away with a lot of yellow cards staying in the referee's pocket.

All the 'big boys' are like it. Hypocrisy.

Thing is they usually get bowed down to.

Had to laugh when Pep cried out saying his players needed protection the other year, a game or two later Delph(?) made a two footed challenge on someone and got sent off.