Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City H Post Thread 2-1

1 minute ago, Livid said:

Really enjoyed it today, had better mince pies  :unsure:, but came away from a home game happier than I have been in a long time.

I never thought Chilwell would make it at left back and earlier this season I said exactly the same about Ricardo at right back. They've both proved me massively wrong.

Fantastic performance from every one of them.

A nice display of humility there..

Nice one..

• Like 2

I said a week ago after the missed opportunity of the Cup defeat that what Puel and everyone else at the club needed was a statement win to unite everyone and get us all going again.

Well, you wait so long for one....and then two of them come all at once!

Wonderful performance, wonderful result, wonderful winning goal and - forgive me the Schadenfreude - but wonderful to serenade Mahrez off the field with a raucous rendition of 'Riyad Riyad, what's the score??"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another good performance against a top 6 side that we've managed to nick points from. Well played Puel and the boys. As nice as it is to get these, the results aren't too important for me this year. It's about slowly evolving the team and ensuring we stay mid table. With next season and the one after we hopefully see ourselves top 8 regulars.

I hope nobody has changed their stance on Puel regardless of the results, as it doesn't say much about them as people.

19 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I heard this on the way out of the ground and it really got my goat then and now.

Who the **** called for that as our best team before hamza's first game of the season? Nobody.

This is a classic case of people rewriting history to suit their own agenda, but im calling BULLSHIT.

This was puels idea and his alone (ok probably with the rest of the coaching teams) it most definitely was not any fan's idea, nor was it obviously his best team.

I know what you mean. 

Having said that Puel spent the entire pre-season and first part of this season trying to set us up as a 4-2-3-1 side. 

Then after Vardy publicly complains about his system and the papers report he’s on the verge of being sacked, he suddenly changes to a 4-3-3? 

Personally I struggle to believe this was all part of some grand plan...

More likely that he mixed things up because he felt he had to and it’s worked. 

Don’t get me wrong, he deserves credit for trying it...but for me this seems a case of necessity being the mother of invention. 

• Like 1

I've not enjoyed a boxing day as much as that for years. Up the City.

When the Vichai song went up after we scored Ive never felt more of a tribe. Our fans and players today today were immense. 

As an aside, Man City fans are a bunch of weirdos aren't they? Still upset about us sacking Ranieri despite it clearly being the correct decision, the man who made the decision now being deceased and the hypocrisy of them sacking Mancini less than a year after winning their first title for 50 years.

Funny that that was about the last we heard from them today, hope you enjoyed your journey home lads!

• Like 2