Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Facecloth

2019 Deathlist

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Apparently a suicide. I absolutely cannot stand those sorts of shows but it’s such a tragedy that a young man has taken his own life. Apparently another star killed herself last year too. Sometimes TV companies have a duty of care. 

28 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Apparently a suicide. I absolutely cannot stand those sorts of shows but it’s such a tragedy that a young man has taken his own life. Apparently another star killed herself last year too. Sometimes TV companies have a duty of care. 

They do have a duty of care. When people leave these shows and have short rise of fame that suddenly disappears, they need to help them through it. After all, its usually the reason people join  these shows, to be famous.

That's said, they are reporting he took his own life because he was grief stricken after the loss of his 94 year old nan. I'm sorry that indicates another thing in him, away from the show. I loved my nanna, I was the apple of her eye, but when she died at 81, I didn't contemplate suicide. I was devastated, but I accepted she'd been ill and was old and got on with things whilst grieving. He's not lost his mum at a young ages, or his wife, or child. At some point in your life your Nan will die, we can't all top ourselves due to it.

Edited by Facecloth
Weakness was a bad choice of word

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

That's said, they are reporting he took his own life because he was grief stricken after the loss of his 94 year old nan. I'm sorry that indicates another thing in him, away from the show. I loved my nanna, I was the apple of her eye, but when she died at 81, I didn't contemplate suicide. I was devastated, but I accepted she'd been ill and was old and got on with things whilst grieving. He's not lost his mum at a young ages, or his wife, or child. At some point in your life your Nan will die, we can't all top ourselves due to it.

Some harsh language there mate, even after you removed weakness. Don’t want to have a go mind. Everyone’s relationship with their grandparents is different, not to besmirch yours with your nanna; this poor lad almost certainly had a long period of depression preceding his gran’s death, the circumstances of which could have been harrowing to him and only added extreme grief to profound depression; from my own experience of losing my gran, who I was very close to, I was already depressed before she came to live with me as her cancer did it’s evil thing - I held her hand as she passed and that trauma was very difficult to cope with alongside my long-standing depression. I guess I’m just sad that this guy in the end was so unwell and saw no way out. Again, I’m not trying to have a pop.

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

They do have a duty of care. When people leave these shows and have short rise of fame that suddenly disappears, they need to help them through it. After all, its usually the reason people join these shows, to be famous.

Absolutely. 

Edited by urban.spaceman

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Some harsh language there mate, even after you removed weakness. Don’t want to have a go mind. Everyone’s relationship with their grandparents is different, not to besmirch yours with your nanna; this poor lad almost certainly had a long period of depression preceding his gran’s death, the circumstances of which could have been harrowing to him and only added extreme grief to profound depression; from my own experience of losing my gran, who I was very close to, I was already depressed before she came to live with me as her cancer did it’s evil thing - I held her hand as she passed and that trauma was very difficult to cope with alongside my long-standing depression. I guess I’m just sad that this guy in the end was so unwell and saw no way out. Again, I’m not trying to have a pop.

Absolutely. 

It probably wasn't worded well, and I apologise for that. Guess what I'm trying to say is we can't blame the show too much if he was feeling that way anyway. They can't, or won't have been able to help much if something like his nan dying triggered this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bovril said:

RIP Dick Dale. Interestingly, his most famous hit was a cover of a Greek folk song.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/17/dick-dale-dies-aged-81-misirlou-pulp-fiction

Didn't know that about the Greek folk roots, but makes sense - you could imagine that song played on a balalaika.

I just remember John Peel playing Dick Dale songs sometimes, and enjoying them.

After Mark E. Smith, Pete Shelley et al, all the old Peel favourites seem to be falling by the wayside.... :(

9 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Didn't know that about the Greek folk roots, but makes sense - you could imagine that song played on a balalaika.

I just remember John Peel playing Dick Dale songs sometimes, and enjoying them.

After Mark E. Smith, Pete Shelley et al, all the old Peel favourites seem to be falling by the wayside.... :(

More like a Bouzouki than a Balalaika, which is more associated with Russia. 

For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL0g_hXA_Mc

Amazing to think that the reverb-y, surf-guitar sound that so influenced early 60's pop came all the way from rebetiko music of the Balkans and Anatolia. 

24 minutes ago, bovril said:

More like a Bouzouki than a Balalaika, which is more associated with Russia. 

For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL0g_hXA_Mc

Amazing to think that the reverb-y, surf-guitar sound that so influenced early 60's pop came all the way from rebetiko music of the Balkans and Anatolia. 

Bouzouki is what I meant - brain malfunction!

• Like 1

Rock enigma Scott Walker dies aged 76

By Mark SavageBBC Music reporter
Scott WalkerImage copyrightGETTY IMAGES

Scott Walker, one of the most enigmatic and influential figures in rock history, has died at the age of 76.

The star, whose songs included The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore and Joanna, influenced everyone from David Bowie to Jarvis Cocker.

He found fame as a teen idol in The Walker Brothers, but his dark baritone hinted at something deeper.

That was borne out in his experimental, psychedelic solo albums, which explored the complexities of love and death.

In 2017, the BBC paid tribute to the star with a Proms concert at the Royal Albert Hall.

Walker's death was confirmed by his current record label, 4AD, who called him "one of the most revered innovators at the sharp end of creative music".

He is survived by his daughter, Lee, his granddaughter, Emmi-Lee, and his partner Beverly.

Always thought he was a bit of a”pseud” -always moaning about pop stardom and being held back from his full potential whilst   Earning a fortune and playing up to his female following , but undoubtedly a great voice and some classic memorable 60s hit songs 

9 hours ago, Tinman said:

Ranking Roger

7 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

:(

Always seemed such a lively, alive character - and only 56, though apparently he'd had several serious illnesses in recent months.

The Beat one day, beaten the next.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Shane Rimmer

voice of Scott Tracy in Thunderbirds

dies aged 89

He also starred in Gandhi, the spy who loved me and Batman Begins. 

I remember him from the Bond film as the American submarine captain.

• Sad 1

Ian Cognito passes away on stage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-47911040

Fans who were there thought the incident was part of his 'act'.

Reminds me of watching a video of Tommy Copper when he himself collapsed whilst performing and the audience were laughing about it (obviously being unaware of what happened) until his death was confirmed.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Former Liverpool captain Tommy Smith, who helped the club to domestic and European success in the 1960s and 1970s, has died aged 74.

Known as the "Anfield Iron", Smith had an 18-year career at Anfield, during which he won four league titles, plus the European Cup in 1977.