Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I don't care what we have been doing for the past 135 years in the FA Cup. All I know is that in the current moment, we have a starting 11 capable of beating these top teams and we just beat two in a week over christmas! 

We are very capable of winning the FA Cup and I just wish we would give it a proper go for once. Puel himself came within minutes of winning it with a depleted Southampton. Not sure why you see it as such an impossible task. Times change and Leicester are a top team with a quality 11 full of internationals. Have some faith man! 

Southampton were in the league up.

1 hour ago, bridport007 said:

Maybe Vardy is carrying an injury still though...we don't know do we? We definitely need someone to help him out that's for sure.

Puel said he wasn’t and that he could have played in his interview with Stringer. 

I think he just wanted to make sure he was fresh for the game at the weekend.

Also, I love Kingy and everything he’s done but using our final sub to bring him on, when we have Ricardo on the bench is contender for Puels worst substitution.

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Do you want the former Premier League Champions to be satisfied with sitting 8th in the Premier League? Do you not want to the Champions League Music at the KP again?

We could reach the Semis of the Europa League Easily, Its full of crappy teams and the hardest it gets is facing Sevilla or someone

Delusions of Grandeur much...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Unfortunately Gray hasn't lived up to the 'hype' or his own hype. He's improving at a snails pace. Doesn't score enough or create enough.

Ricardo was actually signed as a right back, which makes our recruitment for attackers even more laughable. I do agree that he does a good job on the wing though.

Recruitment as a whole has been a shambles, particularly since we have won the league. Just look at all the money that we have literally wasted. (Benalouane, Kapustka, Musa, Slimani, Silva & Iheanacho) We can argue as to whether players have been given a chance of not but management clearly deemed them unsuitable for the team.

Young players deserve a chance to adapt to first team football. As you rightly pointed out, look at Chilwell and Hamza. Unfortunately 'big' budget signings don't always get that chance. We can't blame the players for the fees paid, which is why I put a big portion of the blame down to recruitment and not just the manager.

Listen I’m not arguing that some of the recruitment had been shambolic and I agree with a lot of what you’ve said. Where I’m scratching my head is why CP gets the blame. His signings and promotion of academy players has been good. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Unfortunately Gray hasn't lived up to the 'hype' or his own hype. He's improving at a snails pace. Doesn't score enough or create enough.

Ricardo was actually signed as a right back, which makes our recruitment for attackers even more laughable. I do agree that he does a good job on the wing though.

Recruitment as a whole has been a shambles, particularly since we have won the league. Just look at all the money that we have literally wasted. (Benalouane, Kapustka, Musa, Slimani, Silva & Iheanacho) We can argue as to whether players have been given a chance of not but management clearly deemed them unsuitable for the team.

Young players deserve a chance to adapt to first team football. As you rightly pointed out, look at Chilwell and Hamza. Unfortunately 'big' budget signings don't always get that chance. We can't blame the players for the fees paid, which is why I put a big portion of the blame down to recruitment and not just the manager.

well there a number of facts here tbh, changing of managers etc and said players not adapting, only 1 player mention here is a recent one and Puel based(i think) and Ricardo started as a winger and has been converted into a attacking full back(puel at Nice), and i agree the recruitment has been pretty shambolic too tbh

im by no means a puel fan and he can be a stubborn fool etc but changing managers will just put us in another cycle of changing players etc with no sign of stability and i think we need that atm 

Edited by FrankieADZ

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Delusions of Grandeur much...

It is delusions of grandeur but how did 2015/16 come about, without some ridiculous barriers of normality being smashed to pieces by our club? If there's any club that have taught modern football what is possible, it's us. If there's any mid sized club that has earnt the right to not accept normality or revert to type, it's us. Whether that leads to us forever failing to achieve again remains to be seen, but i'm sick of hearing from the media and from our fans that repeated success and ambition (whatever that may equate to) on our part is a stupid pipe dream. I think what we are experiencing right now is the comedown from a chaotic decade, resulting in some unbelievable highs and a mixture of lows, near misses, great escapes and regular drama. Our fans cannot cope without the adrenaline but we shouldn't accept the return to the place where we fit. The reason being, to do so will invariably see us mirror the majority of our past history and we'll invariably drop down to the Championship again at some point. Perhaps that's our place in the sporting world, but read any books or listen to any talks from pioneers in sport and the world and they'll all say the same thing which isn't to accept mediocrity. This will now sound very corny, but Vichai allowed us to dream and they came true. Let's stop at nothing to experience it again. Top has said he will try and do this, our players and manager have said they will try and do this. We as fans have to have faith that this is a real intention and the current people in charge are the best placed to do so, this is where the blurred lines are.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Southampton were in the league up.

Don't get me started on the League Cup either! Would be in a semi final against Burton if we had taken that seriously too! 

Talksport just made that point now and perplexed by Puel's decisions in both cups. 

They had us down as a potential winner due to our ability to upset the big teams on our day! 

If everyone thought like you Babylon. There would be literally no point turning up to these FA Cup ties as never won it in 135 years so why even bother even trying.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Apparently he hasn't been seen at the training ground today?

Day off? Pissed off with the way the fringe players performed and doesn't need to work with the players not involved yesterday who he works with the most? He looked furious at times yesterday, kept shaking his head in disbelief, not really seen that from him much before.

15 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Listen I’m not arguing that some of the recruitment had been shambolic and I agree with a lot of what you’ve said. Where I’m scratching my head is why CP gets the blame. His signings and promotion of academy players has been good. 

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

well there a number of facts here tbh, changing of managers etc and said players not adapting, only 1 player mention here is a recent one and Puel based(i think) and Ricardo started as a winger and has been converted into a attacking full back(puel at Nice)

im by no means a puel fan and he can be a stubborn fool etc but changing managers will just put us in another cycle of changing players etc with no sign of stability and i think we need that atm 

My previous post was critical of recruitment, rather than management.

I am sitting right on the fence when it comes to Puel. I don't blame Puel for all our failings, hence me digging out our recruitment as a whole since winning the league. This has definitely stunted our progression at times, despite where we sit in the league currently.

Lets face it though, it was clear that Ricardo was signed as our new right back and Ghezzal as our new winger. The poor showing from Ghezzal has pushed Ricardo further up the field, which has meant the re-emergence of Simpson, which lets remember, was all but told he was no longer required. Puel does deserve credit for his promotion of youth. Should we bring Barnes back from his loan and start him too, it would be another positive.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It is delusions of grandeur but how did 2015/16 come about, without some ridiculous barriers of normality being smashed to pieces by our club? If there's any club that have taught modern football what is possible, it's us. If there's any mid sized club that has earnt the right to not accept normality or revert to type, it's us. Whether that leads to us forever failing to achieve again remains to be seen, but i'm sick of hearing from the media and from our fans that repeated success and ambition (whatever that may equate to) on our part is a stupid pipe dream. I think what we are experiencing right now is the comedown from a chaotic decade, resulting in some unbelievable highs and a mixture of lows, near misses, great escapes and regular drama. Our fans cannot cope without the adrenaline but we shouldn't accept the return to the place where we fit. The reason being, to do so will invariably see us mirror the majority of our past history and we'll invariably drop down to the Championship again at some point. Perhaps that's our place in the sporting world, but read any books or listen to any talks from pioneers in sport and the world and they'll all say the same thing which isn't to accept mediocrity. This will now sound very corny, but Vichai allowed us to dream and they came true. Let's stop at nothing to experience it again. Top has said he will try and do this, our players and manager have said they will try and do this. We as fans have to have faith that this is a real intention and the current people in charge are the best placed to do so, this is where the blurred lines are.

There is a big difference between aiming and expecting.

We've been so lucky with what we've seen. Everton have won one major honour since 87, Spurs Two since 91. West Ham, nothing since 80. Newcastle nothing since 55. All bigger clubs than us and they've struggled to win anything.

You can all bang on about dreams whatever you want, but without significant investment those moments you're talking about will be few and far between. That's just reality.

Edited by Babylon

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Don't get me started on the League Cup either! Would be in a semi final against Burton if we had taken that seriously too! 

Talksport just made that point now and perplexed by Puel's decisions in both cups. 

They had us down as a potential winner due to our ability to upset the big teams on our day! 

If everyone thought like you Babylon. There would be literally no point turning up to these FA Cup ties as never won it in 135 years so why even bother even trying.  

Of well if Talksport said it...

I want us to go for it, I want us to win the FA Cup. I do not expect us to win it and I understand why so many teams don't bother now, they are more interested in survival or league money, or promotion than the are about trying to take the tiny chance they have of winning the cup.

It's not my point of view, I'm looking at it from theirs. So don't start projecting it onto me, when I've said I want us to take it seriously.

Edited by Babylon
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Apparently he hasn't been seen at the training ground today?

****ing hate bits of info like this, takes all my power not to click on to SkyBet and mop up the 13/8!!!

1 minute ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

My previous post was critical of recruitment, rather than management.

I am sitting right on the fence when it comes to Puel. I don't blame Puel for all our failings, hence me digging out our recruitment as a whole since winning the league. This has definitely stunted our progression at times, despite where we sit in the league currently.

Lets face it though, it was clear that Ricardo was signed as our new right back and Ghezzal as our new winger. The poor showing from Ghezzal has pushed Ricardo further up the field, which has meant the re-emergence of Simpson, which lets remember, was all but told he was no longer required. Puel does deserve credit for his promotion of youth. Should we bring Barnes back from his loan and start him too, it would be another positive.

im sorry, i agree in recruitment terms, it seems to be hit and miss with no sign of direction with buys, last summers was probably the best window we have had in a while imo, as we improved in areas we needed at the time, 

though the management and  recruitment teams need to be on the same page as to what we need and if theyd fit in as well

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You have got my vote!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

though the management and  recruitment teams need to be on the same page as to what we need and if theyd fit in as well

One way to do this is not to sack the manager every year. Ranieri had a summer window and was sacked, Shakespeare had a summer window and was sacked, Puel has had one summer window and people want him sacked. Pretty hard for everyone to be on the same page when half the page gets ripped up every five minutes.

You just end up with a squad built for three different styles of play. Like we have now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Puel said he wasn’t and that he could have played in his interview with Stringer. 

I think he just wanted to make sure he was fresh for the game at the weekend.

Also, I love Kingy and everything he’s done but using our final sub to bring him on, when we have Ricardo on the bench is contender for Puels worst substitution.

so vards would've had 6 days rest.... he'd have been absolutely shattered :nigel:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Cos that season was a season when the so called big 6, at least alot of them were in transition, and the ethos and team ethic  built pre-Claudio was still intact.

In terms of our aims, its pretty obvious Vichai and then Top are hardly going to say any different.

Does not mean we should HOPE for less? Of course not, thats just dumb, but it does not mean that this is now where we are, merely where we would like and hope to return too.

The rebuild and change of style HAD to happen, anything thinking otherwise is just reminiscing and refusing to accept that things have changed both at the club and at competitors.

• Like 1