Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Still your dig don’t really count as official news happened hours after my post, until that point we had no official news or statements, just hearsay.

Puel said he was in Spain in his pre-Newport press conference, but hey what would he know.

No hindsight, just listening to what the manager has to say. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, somebum said:

Thanks, shows that there are people out there. Many FT posters would like you to believe the only alternatives are Benitez, big Sam and pardew. 

You do realise John Rudkin is in charge of picking the manager?

He has definitely only heard of Benitez and Big Sam. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

With a bloated squad, loads of injuries and 9 players with an eye on the World Cup in the summer? That squad wasn’t good enough to qualify and neither would it be good enough to sustain the extra games or travel the Europa League requires. He can’t improve the squad overnight.

Vindicated. 

The side that actually played really well in the second half, got the equaliser but ultimately buggered up 3 penalties in a row? He can’t take the penalties for them. Oh, and because some players were rested, we had a strong enough XI to go and beat Chelsea AND Man City within 7 days. 

Vindicated. 

He can’t control Albrighton’s hands from the dugout you know. 

The side he chose should have been good enough to win that. Should. But they weren’t. They proved that once again that much of our squad is not good enough, and will require more time to improve. Again, that can’t happen overnight. 

Vindicated

We’re 7 days in with another 3 weeks to go. By all means complain in 3 weeks if we haven’t signed anyone but you can’t have a go at him for that, sorry. 

I do. Especially as we now have no distractions. 

A hell of a lot of work needs to be done. It can’t be done overnight - it took Pearson at least 2 years to build a team capable of going up. Puel has only had one summer window so far; if we sacked him now, while 7th in the league and the 5th best defence, whoever came in would want time to assess the squad and put their own stamp on it. You’re going to have to lump it. 

Not sure how I ended up quoted there mate lol 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Still your dig don’t really count as official news happened hours after my post, until that point we had no official news or statements, just hearsay.

The point was, perhaps the manager know a little bit more than you (or me), and sometime it's perhaps worth giving people the benefit of doubt before lambasting them. Nothing to do with hindsight, it was blindingly obvious something was actually happening. 

9 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

What's the importance of getting a Europa place, we won't play a full strength side as the Prem will be more important.  Particularly early in season. Catch 22....

The money for finishing 7th and the mild bit of prestige that comes with Europe, not that I think Europa League counts for much to players. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

I think the best coach for us would be..... 

1. Adi Hutter (Young Boys) they played great attacking football. 

2.Luis Pimenta (Brommapojkarna) only 36 and has a sports psychology degree from Liverpool Uni. 

3. Miguel Cardoso (Rio Ave) 

4. Florian Kohfeldt (Werder Bremen) 

5. Domenico Tedesco (Schelke) 

6. Eric Ten Hag (Ajax) 

7. Pablo Machin (Girona) 

We'd have about as much chance of getting Hag as I would have of sleeping with Rachel Riley!

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Puel succeeded in keeping us up after the previous manager got sacked for putting us in the bottom three. 

Puel succeeded by giving us the faintest hope of being in Europe last season considering everyone else had a 7 point head start. 

Puel succeeded in reaching three quarter finals out of four. 

Puel succeeded in getting us currently 7th.

Puel succeeded in getting us 7th despite the fact all the whinge bags like you said we'd be in a relegation fight without Mahrez. 

Puel succeeded in reducing the age of a creaking squad.

Puel succeeded in turning the 5th worst defence into the 5th best.

Puel succeeded in signing Ricardo and Maddison

Puel succeeded in making Ben Chllwell England's left back, a player all the whinge bags like you said should be sold or loaned out. 

Puel succeeded in stopping us from conceding from every other set piece against us. 

If you remove all the losses, and draws Puel has succeeded in winning every single game. 

Fed up of Puels successes now.....If you find this ludicrous, it's no different to your warped overly negative post. 

Certainly wasn’t a whinge bag when on about the Mahrez transfer or Chilwell.

Negative post you may say but I would at least like some consistency in team selections and performances.

for every half decent performance there have been plenty of stinkers in there too.

Puel wants us to play football but refuses to play a ball playing CM (Iborra now gone)

Puel wants balls in the pen area.. With no one to aim at ?

You make Puel sound like he does nothing wrong!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Which tells us Puels tactics are wrong by continuously putting balls in the box from wide areas...

Not necessarily, I've been to most games this season and we don't start games out in that manner.. this could stem from frustration that we're not breaking teams down and we try pinging it into the box.

Don't think it's as frequent as you suggest though.

1 minute ago, Rigga said:

Certainly wasn’t a whinge bag when on about the Mahrez transfer or Chilwell.

Negative post you may say but I would at least like some consistency in team selections and performances.

for every half decent performance there have been plenty of stinkers in there too.

Puel wants us to play football but refuses to play a ball playing CM (Iborra now gone)

Puel wants balls in the pen area.. With no one to aim at ?

Perhaps you should give him the opportunity to sign a CM and a Striker who he'd like. Rather than having to use a load of old duffers he's inherited. The ball playing CM's are average, for every bit of good they'd bring they would also bring another problem. Too weak, too slow and just as inconsistent as the rest. 

1 minute ago, Rigga said:

You make Puel sound like he does nothing wrong!

Which was the point, you made it sound like he's done nothing right. I was highlighting the ridiculous and bias in your post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Not necessarily, I've been to most games this season and we don't start games out in that manner.. this could stem from frustration that we're not breaking teams down and we try pinging it into the box.

Don't think it's as frequent as you suggest though.

Stat a week or two ago stating we have put more crosses in than any other PL team

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Perhaps you should give him the opportunity to sign a CM and a Striker who he'd like. Rather than having to use a load of old duffers he's inherited. The ball playing CM's are average, for every bit of good they'd bring they would also bring another problem. Too weak, too slow and just as inconsistent as the rest. 

Which was the point, you made it sound like he's done nothing right. I was highlighting the ridiculous and bias in your post.

So you are obviously a Puel in and see him taking us forward over the next few seasons ?

Just now, Rigga said:

So you are obviously a Puel in and see him taking us forward over the next few seasons ?

He has also had a whole summer to get in a ST/Target Man..

if Newcastle and Fulham can get Rondon and Mitrovic, surely we can compete with them ?