Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

It would be interesting to know what the feeling is by squad players other than the title winning "remainees" who are rapidly approaching their sell by date and are looking to hang on to a ridiculously high wage.

Edited by norwichfox

3 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

I have no strong feelings on whether Puel should go or stay, however if he does go the next appointment has to be a strong high profile manager who has been at the very top of the game and can reign in the ego's of the legends. If not, we're just going to keep seeing the same nonsense every year. One thing is for certain - unless everybody is pulling in the same direction I think we need to accept that mid-table mediocrity is here to stay. 

I’d be happy with that. Back to the Bloomfield days where the instruction was “go out there and entertain”.  Queue a load of foxes talk derision... 

1 minute ago, los dedos said:

At the end of last season he looked like he was a gonner . I think Kun Vichai was very close to letting him go but in the end he  decided to give him a full  window and  a good part of this season 

I said last season I would hold back my views until he had a full transfer window and the start of a season.

My conclusion is the guy is clueless, the type of football we play is dire, the players he has brought in are average and his tactics are bordering on insane 

7 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

Watch us bring in Mark Hughes. Ha

I know it won’t happen but I’m honestly not sure how I could handle that. I love this club so much but that would really test me. He’s a vile man and a terrible manager 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cujek said:

I said last season I would hold back my views until he had a full transfer window and the start of a season.

My conclusion is the guy is clueless, the type of football we play is dire, the players he has brought in are average and his tactics are bordering on insane 

On that my friend I totally agree with you. 

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

I know it won’t happen but I’m honestly not sure how I could handle that. I love this club so much but that would really test me. He’s a vile man and a terrible manager 

Hopefully that’s a wind up ?. More chance of Rachel Riley; though she would improve our numbers on possession based percentage obsessions. 

4 minutes ago, los dedos said:

At the end of last season he looked like he was a gonner . I think Kun Vichai was very close to letting him go but in the end he  decided to give him a full  window and  a good part of this season 

I think a big reason why he was given the summer is because the owners really wanted to try and shake off the 'trigger happy' tag that some would have attached to them. Fully understandable if you ask me. 

• Like 1

I am convinced that in order to get the managers job Claude Puel will have laid out his strategy for improving the club to the owners, and that they were convinced by his presentation.  They would not have appointed a manager who did not have a strategy.

If the rumours are to be believed then there is discontent within the playing and backroom staff.  This will reduce the effectiveness of Puels management as while discontented employees may provide compliance with a managers instructions they are unlikely to be motivated to 'go the extra mile' and provide enhanced performance.  That is only achieved when they are happy in their jobs and motivated.

So the owners have a choice, and it may be based on their belief in Puel's strategy for the club.  If they still believe in this strategy, they should replace the players who are unwilling or unable to adapt to it; if they have lost belief in the effectiveness of this strategy they should replace the manager with another who has a more credible strategy.  If the latter option is chosen, Puel's fate has already been sealed and the only delay to his sacking is the recruitment of a replacement.

10 hours ago, foxinsox said:

Sacking Puel put Southampton where they are. That could well be us. Indeed, I dont think that I have seen my last LCFC season in the second tier. 

I am not at all convinced that Puel has lost the dressing room. 

I'm not sure fate really works like that, If Southampton had appointed Ranieri would they have won the League?

22 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

It would be interesting to know what the feeling is by squad players other than the title winning "remainees" who are rapidly approaching their sell by date and are looking to hang on to a ridiculously high wage.

All articles have mentioned the treatment of Silva, whose a high performer in training as one of the reasons the squad 

12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

All articles have mentioned the treatment of Silva, whose a high performer in training as one of the reasons the squad 

I really don't get the Silva thing. When the whole 14 second disaster happened, but he finally was able to train with the players, reports came out that he was the most technically able player we had and there was a lot of excitement about him finally coming into the team. Looking at his posts on social media too he's remained nothing but professional throughout all of this, is training hard outside of official training sessions and he always posts in support of the team even when he doesn't even make the squad. If we do get someone else in, I really do hope that he sticks around for at least another half season and we see what that new person can get out of him.