Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

I think his downfall has been trying to implement a style of play that is beyond the abilities of the players at his disposal. In fact the style he is trying to play could only be played by the elite players in the world IMO. The end result requires such quality to open up opposition defences who are so set and prepared, they have had time to brew a cup of tea whilst waiting for us to get to their penalty area! 

He needs the mix it up a bit. Players like ours will respond best if the ethos is hard work and making it hard for the opposition. We need to get back to that. Teams get too much of an easy ride playing us currently.

25 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Hopefully that’s a wind up ?. More chance of Rachel Riley; though she would improve our numbers on possession based percentage obsessions. 

She would at least keep things very tight at the back and might even go with two up top (not our Chairman)

• Haha 1

Puel going - sad, but inevitable. Not going to change his ways.

Rodgers coming in - happy with that, even if he’s a bit of a weirdo.

pearson as interim - bizarre. Absolute hero but awful since us and what if he does well and what if he doesn’t?! Lose lose. Either the players won’t want Rodgers (or whoever) or we slide back into a relegation fight.

10 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Agree completely. It hasn’t worked out but he should forever be respected for how he handled the darkest point in this clubs history. 

Darkest point in the clubs history? How long have you been a fan?:D

Jardim might have made noises he wants to come and we are tempted. Or they are waiting for Rodgers, Benitez or Wagner in the summer. In which case I cant see Pearson or O'Neill accepting they'd be a stop gap, we arent in danger of needing saving so theres no moral dilemma for managers who care about us to come and save the day this season. Cambiasso for the rest of the season would be sensational Haha.

I don’t buy the ‘players at his disposal are limited’ argument. A good manager makes the best of his squad. He insists on a conservative, slow style of football with a squad that has won the premier league playing the exact opposite. Even if it’s not the team or style he wants long term, a good manager should realise that side to side Football with every successful attack resulting in a cross, isn’t going to suit a team of players with a) wide players who can’t cross and b) attackers who have no physical presence or sharp movements over 3-4 yards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poznan34 said:

Has he really lost the fans? Didn't hear any anti-Puel chants at the last two games. Majority are Puel Out on here, but this place tends to be more extreme in its views than the 'average' fan, I've found.

Lost the fans??? He’s never really ever been accepted in the first place, has he???

• Like 1

I don't see the point in keeping him if the relationship has gone. Given our players seem to galvanise themselves when a manager goes surely it's best to do it now and you might get a reaction?

I just hope the next appointment suits the squad because I'm fed up of changing managers and going through the cycle again.

• Like 1

If Puel is going to get binned, then at least bin a few others too.  He is not at fault for everything.  The Teflon Recruitment Team needs an overhaul as does the coaching staff.   If this it to happen, then look to change other facets, but not all once of course.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

I don't see the point in keeping him if the relationship has gone. Given our players seem to galvanise themselves when a manager goes surely it's best to do it now and you might get a reaction?

I just hope the next appointment suits the squad because I'm fed up of changing managers and going through the cycle again.

This is a huge problem and appears for the same reason. So it will now make it harder to find a decent replacement. 

I know Puels not liked but the club needs to break this cycle of replacing managers because players are not happy. 

• Like 2

This is very curious from Whitwell's article in the Mail:

"His treatment of Adrien Silva and Andy King has caused confusion. Silva, the £22million Portugal midfielder, is a consistently high performer in training yet has been frozen out. King, the club legend, was not named in the Premier League squad. Neither made the 18 for Tuesday’s Carabao Cup quarter-final against Manchester City."

Bizarre if true, especially when compared to Nacho being selected because he's so good in training in contrast to on-pitch performance.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Matt said:

For anyone slagging the players off and i'm sure they're not squeaky clean in all this if true, but please note the articles mention Puel's fell out, clashed and upset members of staff.

There is arguably previous evidence of this in the way Michael Appleton, Pascal Plancque and Eduardo Macia (If he actually has left? Does anyone know?) have departed. We don't know the ins and outs but it certainly asks questions, I think it's quite clear Appleton didn't see eye to eye with him.

This.

The ‘snakes’ theme I don’t think really stands up to scrutiny. I’m the round I won’t have a bad word said about Claudio, but he made the mistake in his second season of trying to play a different way which simply did not suit the playing staff in terms of style, and getting the best out of them. I contend that if he stuck with the same counter attack tactics we would have finished no worse than were we did with Shakey. Both were sacked for not getting the best out of the players, quite rightly.

We are in situation now where Puel has had well over a year and his pts per game is less than Shakespeare’s. People say we are making progress, but we are not. There is no tempo and no energy in the side and it’s a shocking spectacle.

To be up in arms if he were to get the axe now is quite ludicrous given the vast majority believed that it was perfectly fine to sack the other two.

We can do much better than Claude, the players know that, and as I said months and months ago; keep Claude and we will not hold on to our better players.

He can’t inspire, he is tactically inept and has no charisma. 

All that said I am nervous about who the hierarchy will replace him with in truth. There is a risk with change, but it’s football ffs, bravery often pays off, timidity virtually never does.

Just now, sylofox said:

This is a huge problem and appears for the same reason. So it will now make it harder to find a decent replacement. 

I know Puels not liked but the club needs to break this cycle of replacing managers because players are not happy. 

Have to agree with this. It is a serious issue in terms of not only managerial replacements, but building a team with a good ethos/work ethic and most critically trust,in the manager.

Which manager comes in that would not receive this treatment from the players??

disclaimer  based on scandalous reports of disharmony from the press

1 minute ago, LCFC FOX said:

Benitez attacking style would suit us amazingly well.so I’d be tempted if he could come. Brendon Rodgers style is more possession based again and would take time which our fans don’t give

Benitez is the completed opposite of the what the club want the ethos to be. Would be a strange appointment and will show that they don’t really have a clue what they want. 

• Like 2

He's losing the fans, he's losing the dressing room (if rumours are true). Because the team selections are inconsistent, the style is boring, and he's not getting the results required for a club with our aspirations. We've gone from being an exciting team to a frustrating team to watch.  

• Thanks 1